Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Artificial Intelligence(AI) Megathread, ChatGPT, Midjourney, Dall-E 2, etc

views

TSExoflare
post Feb 12 2023, 11:19 PM, updated 2y ago

Enthusiast
763 posts

Hey hey LYN!

Has anyone here tried ChatGPT? Was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about Artificial Intelligence and how it's gonna change the world especially ever since the advent of ChatGPT - Are robots going to make our lives better, or are they gonna replace us? What's for sure is... We're definitely in for a crazy ride!

Thought to have a little thread here because I've been experimenting with ChatGPT, Midjourney, Whisper, Dall-E 2 etc at large and was wondering if people have actually tried it here on this forum.

Some interesting Artificial Intelligence software:

A. ChatGPT:

What is ChatGPT? Think of it as the most powerful chatbot that you've ever used in your life.

Don't believe me and you have trauma from years of using terrible customer service chatbots? Well, here's what ChatGPT says about itself:

user posted image

Basically you can type any question (we call this a prompt) and hit enter, and the chatbot will respond to you. Doesn't matter how absurd the language is or how far-fetched. It can even write code for you.

Give it a try!

If you haven’t already tried ChatGPT (or any AI software) just yet, it’s super easy to get started!
To get started with ChatGPT (and to get a taste of what it can offer), here are the steps:
1. Navigate to https://chat.openai.com
2. Register for an OpenAI account
3. Navigate back to chat.OpenAI.com, log in, and there you have it!
4. Congratulations, you’ve signed up for ChatGPT! Go right ahead and try it out, ask it to write entire essays, ask questions, and everything that you can imagine - just type something into the chat bar down below, hit enter, and watch ChatGPT respond to you in natural language 🙂

It's kind of wild what it can do, and I welcome you to post your results and to share some of the things that you're asking it. Chat(GPT?) soon!

Examples:

Some interesting use cases:

A. Importance of AI for Malaysians:

user posted image

(In case this cannot be seen):

Prompt: Please write me an essay about the importance of understanding artificial intelligence for Malaysians.

Response:

"Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly transforming our world, and it is crucial that Malaysians understand its significance and potential impact. In recent years, AI has revolutionized various industries and is expected to play a crucial role in shaping the future. Thus, it is imperative for Malaysians to be familiar with AI and its applications, as well as the implications it has for our country and the world as a whole.

One of the main reasons for the importance of understanding AI for Malaysians is its potential for economic growth and job creation. As AI technology continues to advance, it will create new industries and job opportunities, and the demand for AI-skilled professionals is expected to rise. Malaysians who have a deep understanding of AI and its applications will be in a better position to take advantage of these new opportunities and contribute to the economic growth of our country. Moreover, by investing in AI research and development, Malaysia could become a hub for AI innovation, attracting investment and talent from around the world.

Another reason why Malaysians need to understand AI is its impact on society. AI has the potential to transform the way we live and work, but it also has the potential to bring about significant social and ethical challenges. For example, the automation of jobs through AI technology could lead to mass unemployment, and the development of AI systems that mimic human behavior could raise concerns about privacy and security. Malaysians must be aware of these potential risks and be proactive in addressing them through ethical guidelines and regulations.

Moreover, understanding AI is also crucial for Malaysians to make informed decisions about the technology. As AI becomes more prevalent in our daily lives, from virtual personal assistants to self-driving cars, it is important for Malaysians to understand how it works and the potential benefits and drawbacks of its applications. This way, we can make informed decisions about its adoption and ensure that it is used for the betterment of society, rather than being misused.

In conclusion, understanding AI is crucial for Malaysians, as it has the potential to transform our economy, society, and daily lives. By investing in AI education and research, Malaysia can prepare itself for the future and seize the opportunities presented by this rapidly advancing technology. Malaysians must be proactive in addressing the challenges posed by AI, and work towards ensuring that its development benefits society as a whole."

B. "Saya sebatang pensel".

user posted image

Prompt: Please write me a karangan titled "Saya sebatang pensel" in Malay.

Response:

"Saya Sebatang Pensel"

Saya sebatang pensel, tidak lebih dari itu. Namun, dengan bantuan tangan yang cerdas dan kreatif, saya dapat mencipta sesuatu yang indah dan memukau. Saya dapat menggambarkan dunia yang tidak terlihat dengan hanya sekali goresan, atau menggambarkan perasaan yang tak terungkap dengan warna yang indah.

Saya memiliki kekuatan untuk mengubah dunia, meskipun hanya dengan sebatang pensel. Saya dapat mengungkapkan emosi dan membantu orang memahami dunia dengan cara yang berbeda. Dengan pensel ini, saya dapat menyampaikan maksud saya dan membuat orang merasa seolah-olah mereka berada di sana.

Namun, saya tahu bahwa saya hanya sebatang pensel. Saya memerlukan tangan untuk menggerakkan saya, dan mata untuk melihat dunia. Saya memerlukan pemikiran dan imajinasi untuk menggambarkan apa yang saya lihat. Saya memerlukan perasaan untuk menggambarkan apa yang saya rasakan.

Sebatang pensel hanyalah alat, dan hanya melalui tangan dan pemikiran orang lain bahwa saya dapat menjadi sesuatu yang lebih dari itu. Saya dapat menjadi alat untuk membantu orang mengungkapkan perasaan mereka dan menggambarkan dunia yang mereka lihat.

Dengan demikian, saya sebatang pensel dengan kekuatan yang luar biasa untuk mengubah dunia. Saya hanya memerlukan tangan dan pemikiran yang cerdas dan kreatif untuk menunjukkan kekuatan saya sebagai alat untuk mencipta sesuatu yang indah dan memukau."

Oh yes - if you’re interested to watch some interesting case studies and to discuss more about AI, I’ll be publishing a ton more stuff in a new Facebook group named Artificial Intelligence Malaysia - please feel free to join us and say hi! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Exoflare: Feb 13 2023, 08:18 AM
TSExoflare
post Feb 12 2023, 11:40 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

[reserved]

B. Midjourney.

Dall-E 2 and Midjourney are AI art generation softwares that are the state of the art in our generation.

Essentially you can prompt the software to generate images - I'll provide more examples later, but for now:

Examples:

A.

user posted image

B.

user posted image

C.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Exoflare: Feb 13 2023, 08:59 AM
AthrunIJ
post Feb 13 2023, 12:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,960 posts

Replace trivial jobs like data entry etc.

More complex 1 still needs human intervention.

Using AI in company but Malaysia AI is still infancy.

👀🍿🍷
marukopi
post Feb 13 2023, 01:36 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

Technology is there, the thing does employer have capacity to adopt it.
Juan86
post Feb 13 2023, 01:38 AM

On my way
556 posts

save me a lot hiring copywriters
silverhawk
post Feb 13 2023, 02:29 AM

I'm Positively Lustrous
Group Icon
Elite
4,762 posts

Its an assistant, so it will be used in conjunction but not replace people.

To put it simply. If you can't verify the output the AI is giving you, you shouldn't be using it
TSExoflare
post Feb 13 2023, 08:12 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(AthrunIJ @ Feb 13 2023, 12:34 AM)
Replace trivial jobs like data entry etc.

More complex 1 still needs human intervention.

Using AI in company but Malaysia AI is still infancy.

👀🍿🍷
Ya! Not a lot of people are super ready to deal with AI in Malaysia yet and I can tell - that's why you see still got people a bit blur blur sotong macam baru bangun tidur when you ask them what's ChatGPT - but I think now starting to become mainstream liao, and I think it's important to learn about it so hope this thread can help to educate the people of our country a bit more smile.gif

QUOTE(marukopi @ Feb 13 2023, 01:36 AM)
Technology is there, the thing does employer have capacity to adopt it.
Got. There are actually quite a number of businesses that are making use of it for content creation outlining and also for creating the basics of code or articles - on my part I teach people how to use it professionally (both using it and also conducting classes in writing).

Actually, there's already one example that's not just from me in this thread. As you can see from below:

QUOTE(Juan86 @ Feb 13 2023, 01:38 AM)
save me a lot hiring copywriters
Eh wow really? If you have time later, do you mind to share your experience and the kind of stuff you'd ask the AI to generate? If you can show examples, that would be incredible too!
AthrunIJ
post Feb 13 2023, 08:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,960 posts

QUOTE(Exoflare @ Feb 13 2023, 08:12 AM)
Ya! Not a lot of people are super ready to deal with AI in Malaysia yet and I can tell - that's why you see still got people a bit blur blur sotong macam baru bangun tidur when you ask them what's ChatGPT - but I think now starting to become mainstream liao, and I think it's important to learn about it so hope this thread can help to educate the people of our country a bit more smile.gif
Got. There are actually quite a number of businesses that are making use of it for content creation outlining and also for creating the basics of code or articles - on my part I teach people how to use it professionally (both using it and also conducting classes in writing).

Actually, there's already one example that's not just from me in this thread. As you can see from below:
Eh wow really? If you have time later, do you mind to share your experience and the kind of stuff you'd ask the AI to generate? If you can show examples, that would be incredible too!
Chatgpt is still not multimodal yet. Only train on text. Still a long long way to go.

For now if your job is to write etc. Like journalist or coding. Chatgpt can help you.

For other niche area, still some time to go.
TSExoflare
post Feb 13 2023, 09:21 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(silverhawk @ Feb 13 2023, 02:29 AM)
Its an assistant, so it will be used in conjunction but not replace people.

To put it simply. If you can't verify the output the AI is giving you, you shouldn't be using it
Absolutely! To add on to that, a lot of people have been trying to just pass off things that have been generated with AI - perhaps because they were persuaded by influencers that they could just write blog posts and post them on different platforms without vetting or editing then to secure engagement - only to get repeatedly punished by algorithms as diverse as Medium’s, Google’s, TikTok’s, etc because the content still needs to get leveled up or polished by a human being before it can be rendered usable!

It’s not an easy recipe for success, though a lot of people immediately believe that it is - human nature?
armati
post Feb 13 2023, 09:44 AM

On my way
516 posts

iam doing master research for this AI how do i start?
SUSWahlberg
post Feb 13 2023, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(Exoflare @ Feb 12 2023, 11:19 PM)
Hey hey LYN!

Has anyone here tried ChatGPT? Was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about Artificial Intelligence and how it's gonna change the world especially ever since the advent of ChatGPT - Are robots going to make our lives better, or are they gonna replace us? What's for sure is... We're definitely in for a crazy ride!

Thought to have a little thread here because I've been experimenting with ChatGPT, Midjourney, Whisper, Dall-E 2 etc at large and was wondering if people have actually tried it here on this forum.

Some interesting Artificial Intelligence software:

A. ChatGPT:

What is ChatGPT? Think of it as the most powerful chatbot that you've ever used in your life.

Don't believe me and you have trauma from years of using terrible customer service chatbots? Well, here's what ChatGPT says about itself:

user posted image

Basically you can type any question (we call this a prompt) and hit enter, and the chatbot will respond to you. Doesn't matter how absurd the language is or how far-fetched. It can even write code for you.

Give it a try!

If you haven’t already tried ChatGPT (or any AI software) just yet, it’s super easy to get started!
To get started with ChatGPT (and to get a taste of what it can offer), here are the steps:
1. Navigate to https://chat.openai.com
2. Register for an OpenAI account
3. Navigate back to chat.OpenAI.com, log in, and there you have it!
4. Congratulations, you’ve signed up for ChatGPT! Go right ahead and try it out, ask it to write entire essays, ask questions, and everything that you can imagine - just type something into the chat bar down below, hit enter, and watch ChatGPT respond to you in natural language 🙂

It's kind of wild what it can do, and I welcome you to post your results and to share some of the things that you're asking it. Chat(GPT?) soon!

Examples:

Some interesting use cases:

A. Importance of AI for Malaysians:

user posted image

(In case this cannot be seen):

Prompt: Please write me an essay about the importance of understanding artificial intelligence for Malaysians.

Response:

"Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly transforming our world, and it is crucial that Malaysians understand its significance and potential impact. In recent years, AI has revolutionized various industries and is expected to play a crucial role in shaping the future. Thus, it is imperative for Malaysians to be familiar with AI and its applications, as well as the implications it has for our country and the world as a whole.

One of the main reasons for the importance of understanding AI for Malaysians is its potential for economic growth and job creation. As AI technology continues to advance, it will create new industries and job opportunities, and the demand for AI-skilled professionals is expected to rise. Malaysians who have a deep understanding of AI and its applications will be in a better position to take advantage of these new opportunities and contribute to the economic growth of our country. Moreover, by investing in AI research and development, Malaysia could become a hub for AI innovation, attracting investment and talent from around the world.

Another reason why Malaysians need to understand AI is its impact on society. AI has the potential to transform the way we live and work, but it also has the potential to bring about significant social and ethical challenges. For example, the automation of jobs through AI technology could lead to mass unemployment, and the development of AI systems that mimic human behavior could raise concerns about privacy and security. Malaysians must be aware of these potential risks and be proactive in addressing them through ethical guidelines and regulations.

Moreover, understanding AI is also crucial for Malaysians to make informed decisions about the technology. As AI becomes more prevalent in our daily lives, from virtual personal assistants to self-driving cars, it is important for Malaysians to understand how it works and the potential benefits and drawbacks of its applications. This way, we can make informed decisions about its adoption and ensure that it is used for the betterment of society, rather than being misused.

In conclusion, understanding AI is crucial for Malaysians, as it has the potential to transform our economy, society, and daily lives. By investing in AI education and research, Malaysia can prepare itself for the future and seize the opportunities presented by this rapidly advancing technology. Malaysians must be proactive in addressing the challenges posed by AI, and work towards ensuring that its development benefits society as a whole."

B. "Saya sebatang pensel".

user posted image

Prompt: Please write me a karangan titled "Saya sebatang pensel" in Malay.

Response:

"Saya Sebatang Pensel"

Saya sebatang pensel, tidak lebih dari itu. Namun, dengan bantuan tangan yang cerdas dan kreatif, saya dapat mencipta sesuatu yang indah dan memukau. Saya dapat menggambarkan dunia yang tidak terlihat dengan hanya sekali goresan, atau menggambarkan perasaan yang tak terungkap dengan warna yang indah.

Saya memiliki kekuatan untuk mengubah dunia, meskipun hanya dengan sebatang pensel. Saya dapat mengungkapkan emosi dan membantu orang memahami dunia dengan cara yang berbeda. Dengan pensel ini, saya dapat menyampaikan maksud saya dan membuat orang merasa seolah-olah mereka berada di sana.

Namun, saya tahu bahwa saya hanya sebatang pensel. Saya memerlukan tangan untuk menggerakkan saya, dan mata untuk melihat dunia. Saya memerlukan pemikiran dan imajinasi untuk menggambarkan apa yang saya lihat. Saya memerlukan perasaan untuk menggambarkan apa yang saya rasakan.

Sebatang pensel hanyalah alat, dan hanya melalui tangan dan pemikiran orang lain bahwa saya dapat menjadi sesuatu yang lebih dari itu. Saya dapat menjadi alat untuk membantu orang mengungkapkan perasaan mereka dan menggambarkan dunia yang mereka lihat.

Dengan demikian, saya sebatang pensel dengan kekuatan yang luar biasa untuk mengubah dunia. Saya hanya memerlukan tangan dan pemikiran yang cerdas dan kreatif untuk menunjukkan kekuatan saya sebagai alat untuk mencipta sesuatu yang indah dan memukau."

Oh yes - if you’re interested to watch some interesting case studies and to discuss more about AI, I’ll be publishing a ton more stuff in a new Facebook group named Artificial Intelligence Malaysia - please feel free to join us and say hi! biggrin.gif
is there a chatBOT more to friendly nature? (e.g like a friend)
something like this movie
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

TSExoflare
post Feb 13 2023, 09:57 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(AthrunIJ @ Feb 13 2023, 08:23 AM)
Chatgpt is still not multimodal yet. Only train on text. Still a long long way to go.

For now if your job is to write etc. Like journalist or coding. Chatgpt can help you.

For other niche area, still some time to go.
That’s true! The issue though, is that many site algorithms actually penalise the search engine optimisation (SEO) of AI-generated article at the moment (whether implicitly or explicitly), so journalists still cannot create articles out of the blue or risk vast drops in engagement - in order for it to be usable and promoted by the major media platforms, at least at the moment, humans must continue to play a strong role. In part, that’s also a reflection of what we want as a society - A wall in which human abilities are not supplanted by technology, but rather accentuated by it.

For coding, the software is great at generating output that is usable if you have a minimum knowledge of coding, it often leads about that can be difficult to resolve because of the particular naming conventions that it uses, which can be difficult to tease apart if you don’t already have the requisite knowledge – nonetheless, it provides a very strong case to start out with, and can facilitate understanding on or much faster level compared to many other platforms, although it is also administered by the extent of its training data, which only stretches up to 2021.

This post has been edited by Exoflare: Feb 13 2023, 10:49 AM
silverhawk
post Feb 13 2023, 10:20 AM

I'm Positively Lustrous
Group Icon
Elite
4,762 posts

QUOTE(Exoflare @ Feb 13 2023, 09:21 AM)
Absolutely! To add on to that, a lot of people have been trying to just pass off things that have been generated with AI - perhaps because they were persuaded by influencers that they could just write blog posts and post them on different platforms without vetting or editing then to secure engagement - only to get repeatedly punished by algorithms as diverse as Medium’s, Google’s, TikTok’s, etc because the content still needs to get leveled up or polished by a human being before it can be rendered usable!

It’s not an easy recipe for success, though a lot of people immediately believe that it is - human nature?
This is why I really believe game theory needs to be taught in high school.

If AI generates the content and its used pretty much "as-is" then everyone using it will just be the same as everyone else. There will be no differentiator, and since everyone has access to the same AI, it provides no value. There's absolutely no way that someone can be successful using AI in this manner.

However if you use the AI to widen your perspective or give you ideas, then its a wonderful tool.
TSExoflare
post Feb 13 2023, 12:48 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(armati @ Feb 13 2023, 09:44 AM)
iam doing master research for this AI how do i start?
Yo! I think you definitely want to cite the Transformer model (https://ai.googleblog.com/2017/08/transformer-novel-neural-network.html) and talk a little bit about how it has led to the development of GPT-3, leading into a discussion of the Large Language Models (LLM) to which ChatGPT belongs and is based on (GPT-3.5), before talking about the things that you'd want to talk about since it's research-based and you definitely need to cite research that describes and underpins the thing that you're studying. That aside, here's a little bit that I got from ChatGPT just for you:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Good luck!!

QUOTE(Wahlberg @ Feb 13 2023, 09:48 AM)
is there a chatBOT more to friendly nature? (e.g like a friend)
something like this movie
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I think that's more like an AI lover (if you know the plot) LOL - you might try Replika AI though? I tried it during a program at Stanford a while ago - it literally evolves in response to your prompting.

Don't fall in love with it though!!!

...Or do fall in love with it. Your choice and we are all adults here, but I'm going to wash my hands off this! xD

This post has been edited by Exoflare: Feb 13 2023, 03:46 PM
TSExoflare
post Feb 13 2023, 12:57 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(silverhawk @ Feb 13 2023, 10:20 AM)
This is why I really believe game theory needs to be taught in high school.

If AI generates the content and its used pretty much "as-is" then everyone using it will just be the same as everyone else. There will be no differentiator, and since everyone has access to the same AI, it provides no value. There's absolutely no way that someone can be successful using AI in this manner.

However if you use the AI to widen your perspective or give you ideas, then its a wonderful tool.
This is exactly the point that a lot of influencers miss as they talk about how you can make millions of dollars with artificial intelligence – they constantly talk about going on platforms like Fiverr and creating blog posts and copy, but they don't consider the fact that we are in an economy and they also don't consider the fact that in order for people to earn money, people need to pay – the question is, without the addition of human input and in a situation where people actually can generate whatever it is that they want without the need for human intelligence, who would pay for anything? They would simply generate things for themselves for free!

So long as there is extreme human ability to use and to outperform AI or at the very least to put it behind a person with a reputation, conscience, and soul though, I'm confident that humans will continue to have value, because people are starved for authenticity and genuine interactions in this world!

And yes, absolutely! If I were to continue on the track that you began by speaking of economics, the marginal benefit that artificial intelligence can bring to the table when you are creating a new piece of content is incredible, because you can rapidly iterate over many ideas in a very short period of time, which makes it so that you can consider the entire scope of possibilities in your mind and create the beginnings of a work with nothing more than the touch of a button - that's what I find valuable about it, and that's what I teach in my online courses as well!
SUSWahlberg
post Feb 13 2023, 01:14 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(Exoflare @ Feb 13 2023, 12:48 PM)

I think that's more like an AI lover (if you know the plot) LOL - you might try Replika AI though? I tried it during a program at Stanford a while ago - it literally evolves in response to your prompting.

...Or do fall in love with it. Your choice and we are all adults here, but I'm going to wash my hands off this! xD
its not free, try a few chat but sudden request me to pay rclxms.gif

but definitely worth trying ... thanks a lot for your suggestion
armati
post Feb 13 2023, 01:26 PM

On my way
516 posts

QUOTE(Exoflare @ Feb 13 2023, 12:48 PM)
Yo! I think you definitely want to cite the Transformer model (https://ai.googleblog.com/2017/08/transformer-novel-neural-network.html) and talk a little bit about how it has led to the development of GPT-3, leading into a discussion of the Large Language Models (LLM) to which ChatGPT belongs and is based on (GPT-3.5), before talking about the things that you'd want to talk about since it's research-based and you definitely need to cite research that describes and underpins the thing that you're studying. That aside, here's a little bit that I got from ChatGPT just for you:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Good luck!!

Many2 thanks bro for reference

TSExoflare
post Feb 13 2023, 02:10 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Wahlberg @ Feb 13 2023, 01:14 PM)
its not free, try a few chat but sudden request me to pay  rclxms.gif

but definitely worth trying ... thanks a lot for your suggestion
Well! It could be good to try out for awhile, but I hope it doesn’t turn into an AI love scam or anything 😂 You’re most welcome and have fun!

QUOTE(armati @ Feb 13 2023, 01:26 PM)
You’re most welcome! I hope your thesis goes well bro!
TSExoflare
post Feb 14 2023, 08:12 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(armati @ Feb 13 2023, 01:26 PM)
Funnily enough bro, I actually wrote an article about your thesis on Medium:

user posted image

Have a look here - it’s a wild ride 😂
mycolumn
post Feb 14 2023, 08:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!