Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Accepting / getting your friend's partner contact, A little debate.

views

McMatt
post Jan 19 2023, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(redracer2004 @ Jan 19 2023, 01:22 PM)
I was debating with my friend about these 2 things, so let's see what you guys think.

1. If your friend's bf/gf asks for your number (and you are opposite gender), should you ask your friend permission before giving?

2. If you accidentally offended your bf/gf friend, you prefer the person (regardless of gender) telling you directly or tell your partner behind you and the partner coming to approach you?

Go!
1. There is normally no reason he/she would ask for your number. Since he/she is merely an acquaintance from your friend. I've been out with her friends before, and no matter how attractive they are, I wouldn't ask for their number, nor would they ask for mine. Unless it has been clear from the conversation that, perhaps there is a business opportunity to be had.

2. Be direct, I have no issue apologizing if it was unintentional on my part or will at least explain if it wasn't what he/she understood it to be. But if I had intended it to be, then I would reiterate my position again. At the very least say, "I can't help it that you felt offended. But that is my stand/position and I'll make no apologies for it."
McMatt
post Jan 20 2023, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(redracer2004 @ Jan 19 2023, 07:16 PM)
1. Let's just say the partner (either bf or gf) says she just wants the contact for any emergency or contingency purposes?

2. I mean like you prefer to be told by the person itself OR you prefer the person telling your partner then your partner tells you.
1. I don't need permission. But I will tell my friend that my number was asked, and I gave. Still, it doesn't happen in most cases, because there just isn't a reason to ask.

2. As mentioned, the person can tell me him/herself. Good can happen, is that I realise it and apologise. Worse, I don't see it as an issue and will reprimand that person for being overly sensitive or misconstrued my words.

This post has been edited by McMatt: Jan 20 2023, 08:56 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:19 PM