Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Noob question

views

TSoldtimer05
post Dec 1 2022, 12:08 PM, updated 2y ago

Casual
364 posts

Old man dont know - pls bear:

If i take out my sim card from my semak phone, will the whatsapp account still be active ?

I am asking coz i need to put in another sim card to use whatsapp, so if log in to this new number and use whatsapp, will all my chats and whtsapp account in the old number be affected ?

Thsnk you. Unker use old ipong X
Zot
post Dec 1 2022, 12:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

Old man hear can help. Read every thing you want to know here

https://www.collectiveray.com/if-i-put-my-s...hat-will-happen

It talks about Whatsapp too

This post has been edited by Zot: Dec 1 2022, 12:18 PM
PJng
post Dec 1 2022, 12:20 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,531 posts

Whatapp will tie to the phone after first time activate
Even you replace other number, or number terminate
Virlution
post Dec 1 2022, 12:28 PM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(oldtimer05 @ Dec 1 2022, 12:08 PM)
Old man dont know - pls bear:

If i take out my sim card from my semak phone, will the whatsapp account still be active ?

I am asking coz i need to put in another sim card to use whatsapp, so if log in to this new number and use whatsapp, will all my chats and whtsapp account in the old number be affected ?

Thsnk you. Unker use old ipong X
yes it will work, until you configure it in another phone then it will not work anymore
cassian948
post Dec 1 2022, 12:35 PM

Enthusiast
889 posts

Yes.

As long as the same number is not being used/activate on the new WhatsApp app on a different phone.
TSoldtimer05
post Dec 1 2022, 01:46 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(Virlution @ Dec 1 2022, 12:28 PM)
yes it will work, until you configure it in another phone then it will not work anymore
Ok, if i take out the sim card and put the new sim card, i can use whtasapp with the new card. And then if i put back my old sim card into my phone, i can log back to the old whatsapp account, right ?

Do i have to sign out or something before i take out the old sim card ? Thanks.
TSoldtimer05
post Dec 1 2022, 01:47 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(cassian948 @ Dec 1 2022, 12:35 PM)
Yes.

As long as the same number is not being used/activate on the new WhatsApp app on a different phone.
Ok, if i take out the sim card and put the new sim card, i can use whtasapp with the new card. And then if i put back my old sim card into my phone, i can log back to the old whatsapp account, right ?

darksideofthemoon
post Dec 1 2022, 02:40 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(oldtimer05 @ Dec 1 2022, 01:47 PM)

Disclaimer: Another old man here

Old phone remove old SiM Card.

As long as you have wifi, I think the old Whatsapp account will still work even no sim card. You can try.

You put in new sim card basically is to provide your phone internet connection, the WhatsApp with old account in your phone will still work.

If you removed the new sim and replace with old SiM, same same the WhatsApp account will still work as per normal.

As long as you don't creat a new account in your phone when the new sim card is in it. Or activate your old account on another phone.

Revoz
post Dec 1 2022, 03:48 PM

On my way
654 posts

Yes whatsapp still on even you removed old sim card and put in new sim card.

Whatsapp cannot be use to log in or log out anytime. Its not like wechat where you can log in and log out with multiple account by just using that 1 wechat app.
Whatsapp function like 1 app for 1 whatsapp account only.
Whatsapp only can activate or deactivate account.
If you want to register new whatsapp account for your new number, you have to deactivated your 1st whatsapp account on old number 1st, then only can register new account for your new sim card.

Your old whatsapp chat history will gone if you dont do chat backup. Can find backup option on setting. If got backup then no need worry about chat gone or not. So please do chwt backup 1st before proceed to deactivated.
Edit: Worried old whatsapp chat histort gone? Unless you register back whatsapp account for old number on same fon then ok, because chat history all saved on that fon, inside google cloud under your email address that you used to registered that fon.

BTW, check your semakpon if can duplicate 2nd whatsapp app. Most semakpon now a day have and support dual apps, where you can have 2 whatsapp account on 1 fon.

And BTW, you still can register new whatsapp account even without the sim card in the same fon, as long as you got 2nd fon to turn on your 2nd sim card, whatsapp will send activation code to your new sim card on other fon, no problem. Then you just enter that activation code received on 2nd fon into whatsapp app on the 1st fon.

So wanna have 2 whatsapp account on same fon? Check your semakfon got support dual whatsapp app or not.

This post has been edited by Revoz: Dec 1 2022, 03:56 PM
TSoldtimer05
post Dec 1 2022, 05:42 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(darksideofthemoon @ Dec 1 2022, 02:40 PM)
Disclaimer: Another old man here

Old phone remove old SiM Card.

As long as you have wifi, I think the old Whatsapp account will still work even no sim card. You can try.

You put in new sim card basically is to provide your phone internet connection, the WhatsApp with old account in your phone will still work.

If you removed the new sim and replace with old SiM, same same the WhatsApp account will still work as per normal.

As long as you don't creat a new account in your phone when the new sim card is in it. Or activate your old account on another phone.
Thanks for aiding another old man.

So basically if i put in new sim card and someone makes a whatsapp call to the new number, they will not be able to reach me, because the new number is not registered for whatsapp in my phone, is thst the case ?
TSoldtimer05
post Dec 1 2022, 05:43 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(Revoz @ Dec 1 2022, 03:48 PM)
Yes whatsapp still on even you removed old sim card and put in new sim card.

Whatsapp cannot be use to log in or log out anytime. Its not like wechat where you can log in and log out with multiple account by just using that 1 wechat app.
Whatsapp function like 1 app for 1 whatsapp account only.
Whatsapp only can activate or deactivate account.
If you want to register new whatsapp account for your new number, you have to deactivated your 1st whatsapp account on old number 1st, then only can register new account for your new sim card.

Your old whatsapp chat history will gone if you dont do chat backup. Can find backup option on setting. If got backup then no need worry about chat gone or not. So please do chwt backup 1st before proceed to deactivated.
Edit: Worried old whatsapp chat histort gone? Unless you register back whatsapp account for old number on same fon then ok, because chat history all saved on that fon, inside google cloud under your email address that you used to registered that fon.

BTW, check your semakpon if can duplicate 2nd whatsapp app. Most semakpon now a day have and support dual apps, where you can have 2 whatsapp account on 1 fon.

And BTW, you still can register new whatsapp account even without the sim card in the same fon, as long as you got 2nd fon to turn on your 2nd sim card, whatsapp will send activation code to your new sim card on other fon, no problem. Then you just enter that activation code received on 2nd fon into whatsapp app on the 1st fon.

So wanna have 2 whatsapp account on same fon? Check your semakfon got support dual whatsapp app or not.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I need to digest this !
Natsukashii
post Dec 1 2022, 05:47 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

As of now, you can only use one whatsapp account at a time. It doesn't matter whether you have the SIM inserted or not, you only need the SIM during first setup of the whatsapp. After that, it will work without the SIM. Even if you put different number SIM, your whatsapp will continue work for your 1st number ONLY. To use the 2nd number in your whatsapp, you have to delete/clear whatsapp and setup again.

This post has been edited by Natsukashii: Dec 1 2022, 05:48 PM
TSoldtimer05
post Dec 1 2022, 06:04 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(Natsukashii @ Dec 1 2022, 05:47 PM)
As of now, you can only use one whatsapp account at a time. It doesn't matter whether you have the SIM inserted or not, you only need the SIM during first setup of the whatsapp. After that, it will work without the SIM. Even if you put different number SIM, your whatsapp will continue work for your 1st number ONLY. To use the 2nd number in your whatsapp, you have to delete/clear whatsapp and setup again.
Thanks for the reply. I get it now. I cant use the 2nd sim and receive text or calls to the 2nd sim’s number. But i can receive incoming for the 1st sims number. The 2nd sim just provides data. Thank you man.
TSoldtimer05
post Dec 1 2022, 06:15 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(Natsukashii @ Dec 1 2022, 05:47 PM)
I just called maxis. They said got apps to use two use two numbers i check appstore, they do have app

Attached Image
faizalfaizal
post Dec 1 2022, 06:56 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

I am exactly using WhatsApp in an android phone, without the sim card in that phone. The sim is in an old Nokia phone. The android phone is connected to wifi at home, the phone stays at home. WhatsApp is working just fine.
Natsukashii
post Dec 1 2022, 08:20 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(oldtimer05 @ Dec 1 2022, 06:15 PM)
I just called maxis. They said got apps to use two use two numbers i check appstore, they do have app

Attached Image
I don't like those 3rd party apps to run dual accounts. Usually have issues.. battery drain, or lag, slow notification.

I'm on Android, some phone OS like MIUI have dual app feature built-in. You can use 2 WhatsApp without issues, runs smooth.
Revoz
post Dec 2 2022, 06:30 PM

On my way
654 posts

Attached Image
Dont use 3rd party app like that one. Just use the dual apps that pre-installed in your fon for whatsapp. Provided your fon got that dual app option. If no then cant help.
xHj09
post Dec 2 2022, 07:13 PM

Your Friendly Neighborhood
1,392 posts

Attached Image
avoid using apps from 3rd party.

since you're on IOS, register second number on WA business app to use two numbers.

newer android phones have feature to install two, however the second one is on secret mode or something like that.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM