Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

which will you choose?, between these 2 theoretical used cars

views

TSgoandloveyourself
post Dec 1 2022, 04:58 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(subaru555 @ Dec 1 2022, 04:07 PM)
For me, I would really consider car B as highway miles are much better than stop go traffic in the city.
i'm also thinking it like this... and Car B is 2 years younger too.

QUOTE(ckseong80 @ Dec 1 2022, 04:11 PM)
It's hard to say only with this info.
For B, if 100k mileage was reached when car driven in highway cruise speed (110-120km/h), then B would be my choice.
If owner frequently drive above 160km/h to reach the 100k mileage then I'd go for option A.
the same can be said that Car A owner abusing the car in city traffic. so this is something that can happen equally to both. lets just say both cars were driven sensibly.
ZzZzz...
post Dec 2 2022, 09:41 AM

Art of Sleeping
1,773 posts

car A
SUSMookKai
post Dec 5 2022, 12:05 PM

18 posts

It's not the distance, but the miles. I would avoid car A
Mr Mercedes
post Dec 5 2022, 07:27 PM

Casual
392 posts

If car A is European and Car B is Japanese, take car B.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercedes: Dec 5 2022, 07:28 PM
littlefire
post Dec 6 2022, 08:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Nov 30 2022, 04:27 PM)
Car A... less wear and tear for me.
Nop, nowadays base on odometer km/miles is not accurate. Most items also got lifespan, besides that during traffic jam if the owner did not off the engine most of the parts are still on-going operating and heat accumulate in the engine bay and around the roads during traffic jam (especially noon) is way worse compared to highway cruiser. Besides that the constant stop and go driving pattern can also wear the transmission and brakes out quickly because of inconsistent rpm readings and irregular and more frequent shifting.

If you ask mechanic which deal different customers, those cars with highway driving a lot tent to be less issues compare to those city owners for similar rides, unless the owner abuse it.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Dec 6 2022, 08:55 AM
Lil.Jiro
post Dec 6 2022, 09:08 AM

18 posts

Car B : highways normally doesn't traffic jam. Check the service book, i think more mileage means the car have been servicing more often but need to check the service book.
ayamxxx
post Dec 6 2022, 10:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

car A with tempered mileage? please remember TS, 99% out of the used car are with tempered mileage. Please call SC of the car A & B to get the last service record.
ayamxxx
post Dec 6 2022, 10:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Dec 5 2022, 07:27 PM)
If car A is European and Car B is Japanese, take car B.
if it me, take car C but brand new, within my budget. Reason, tempered mileage, risk of getting problematic car, flooded car etc and low interest for brand new vs used loan
Zot
post Dec 6 2022, 12:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Dec 6 2022, 08:54 AM)
Nop, nowadays base on odometer km/miles is not accurate. Most items also got lifespan, besides that during traffic jam if the owner did not off the engine most of the parts are still on-going operating and heat accumulate in the engine bay and around the roads during traffic jam (especially noon) is way worse compared to highway cruiser. Besides that the constant stop and go driving pattern can also wear the transmission and brakes out quickly because of inconsistent rpm readings and irregular and more frequent shifting.

If you ask mechanic which deal different customers, those cars with highway driving a lot tent to be less issues compare to those city owners for similar rides, unless the owner abuse it.
I know about that. This is what most people said but car on highway also subject to abuse most likely. This is because once your route become regular, you tend to abuse. Furthermore, those entering city from highway will feel that all cars around him are just too slow wink.gif

People drive in city in mild manner will not harm car mechanical that much.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:34 AM