Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking at buying Vios, But there is a new generation

If looking for a car, would you buy Vios now?

Buy the current generation, don't wait for next generation [ 10 ] ** [23.26%]
Wait until later 2023 or even 2024 [ 22 ] ** [51.16%]
Buy something else [ 11 ] ** [25.58%]
Total Votes: 43
Guests cannot vote 
views

TShowszat
post Nov 27 2022, 08:27 PM, updated 2y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,925 posts

Am looking at buying Vios.

But the current generation is going to be replaced by a new generation, Yaris Ativ.

It is preferable to buy the latest generation, under normal circumstances.

But are there any reasons to buy the current generation, like discounts and other reasons, etc?

miyakochan89
post Nov 27 2022, 08:33 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

I saw the new ones on YouTube, looks cheap imho. The quality doesn’t seem so good. But yes some people will buy vios right now for the discounts.
bezicto
post Nov 27 2022, 09:25 PM

29 posts

I own the current version. the next one, 2023 will be based on Daihatsu new global architecture (dnga)

it the same platform as the new Alza and the current gen myvi. I also own the current gen myvi, and I do notice the nvh was not so nice compared to my vios.

so my take is, the current vios will probably the last one that uses Toyota platform. and, probably grab it while it still on market.

Quazacolt
post Nov 27 2022, 10:01 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(bezicto @ Nov 27 2022, 09:25 PM)
I own the current version. the next one, 2023 will be based on Daihatsu new global architecture (dnga)

it the same platform as the new Alza and the current gen myvi. I also own the current gen myvi, and I do notice the nvh was not so nice compared to my vios.

so my take is, the current vios will probably the last one that uses Toyota platform. and, probably grab it while it still on market.
My god I'm going to scream obscenities over those NGA - NEW GLOBAL ARCHITECTURE platforms bullshit marketing and hype.

1) TNGA doesn't make your car handles better magically
2) those double wishbones marketed are actually single wishbones
3) DNGA won't make your new Vios become a Myvi or Alza
4) vice versa DNGA Myvi or Alza won't make them equate a Toyota even if the chassis drive train etc are all exactly the same. At the very least one is going into Perodua center and the other is going into Toyota center. (Deja vu Proton Inspira vs Mitsubishi Lancer)
5) a shared platform is just that, a platform. The end product can have variations in the end with different interior, different sound proofing, different materials, different panels, different drive train even (any modular global platform can share a same chassis and have different engines and/or transmission)

Point being, if current Vios is better than new 2023 Vios, it has nothing to do with DNGA.

hell, I'm inclined to believe the 2023 is better because the current Vios platform is fucking ancient.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Yaris_(XP150)
9+ years old.

This post has been edited by Quazacolt: Nov 27 2022, 10:02 PM
ktek
post Nov 27 2022, 10:16 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

depends what u having now.
if bike upgrade to this small car is ok.
otherwise no point d
bezicto
post Nov 28 2022, 06:41 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 27 2022, 10:01 PM)
My god I'm going to scream obscenities over those NGA - NEW GLOBAL ARCHITECTURE platforms bullshit marketing and hype.

4) vice versa DNGA Myvi or Alza won't make them equate a Toyota even if the chassis drive train etc are all exactly the same. At the very least one is going into Perodua center and the other is going into Toyota center. (Deja vu Proton Inspira vs Mitsubishi Lancer)
5) a shared platform is just that, a platform. The end product can have variations in the end with different interior, different sound proofing, different materials, different panels, different drive train even (any modular global platform can share a same chassis and have different engines and/or transmission)

Point being, if current Vios is better than new 2023 Vios, it has nothing to do with DNGA.

hell, I'm inclined to believe the 2023 is better because the current Vios platform is fucking ancient.
9+ years old.
Yes. I think you are right. you got the points right. I shared my experience of owning a number of Toyotas. that's all.
DupeIkan
post Nov 28 2022, 08:53 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

9+ years old.
Yup. We keep getting old yaris based platform
Even the current Yaris isn't the ones used in 1st world countries.
Seems like we 3rd world get a cheaper fork
thkent91
post Nov 28 2022, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

I am also looking forward to buy a new vios
the next gen vios looks is really a downside

Any idea what's is the next gen gearbox? Are they using aisin 7 virtual speed cvt or the new dcvt? If they use the new dvct I probably will get this current gen
Kilohertz
post Nov 28 2022, 08:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Nov 27 2022, 08:33 PM)
I saw the new ones on YouTube, looks cheap imho. The quality doesn’t seem so good. But yes some people will buy vios right now for the discounts.
agree, the new one does look cheap and the design just not appealing to me biggrin.gif btw, is there on-going discount for the current vios?

This post has been edited by Kilohertz: Nov 28 2022, 08:09 PM
TShowszat
post Nov 28 2022, 09:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,925 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Nov 28 2022, 08:07 PM)
btw, is there on-going discount for the current vios?

Maybe someone can share their experience.

littlefire
post Nov 29 2022, 10:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

Huh, the new Vios haven come out to Malaysia market already people say quality not good, bad etc... doh.gif
FYI, the next gen Vios is shared with Mazda 2, do you think Mazda will accept low quality interior.. Please judge it when the car is out..
BTW Vios is consider as city car (B-Segment) and not a sport car, dont expect good cornering or sporty feel.. it is meant to be A to B commute, fuel efficient, comfort and easy to maintain..

The only sporty variant is the Vitz Turbo/RS only available in Japan or limited Australia market

This post has been edited by littlefire: Nov 29 2022, 11:03 AM
68 others
post Nov 29 2022, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

tbh,
vios keli is the best
DupeIkan
post Nov 30 2022, 09:00 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

QUOTE(68 others @ Nov 29 2022, 11:31 AM)
tbh,
vios keli is the best
Vios dugong > all
68 others
post Nov 30 2022, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Nov 29 2022, 10:57 AM)
Huh, the new Vios haven come out to Malaysia market already people say quality not good, bad etc... doh.gif 
FYI, the next gen Vios is shared with Mazda 2, do you think Mazda will accept low quality interior.. Please judge it when the car is out.. 
BTW Vios is consider as city car (B-Segment) and not a sport car, dont expect good cornering or sporty feel.. it is meant to be A to B commute, fuel efficient, comfort and easy to maintain..

The only sporty variant is the Vitz Turbo/RS only available in Japan or limited Australia market
Lol, only the european and US yaris is shared with Mazda, doh.gif
SEA yaris is still the cheaply developed car by third world country

QUOTE(DupeIkan @ Nov 30 2022, 09:00 AM)
Vios dugong > all
Vios Dugong = ugly
square2
post Nov 30 2022, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(68 others @ Nov 30 2022, 09:23 AM)
Vios Dugong = ugly
have you drove the current version of yaris? it is fun to drive
goandloveyourself
post Nov 30 2022, 04:46 PM

47 posts

9+ years old.
agree. but also myvi isnt using DNGA.
-H[20]-
post Nov 30 2022, 05:47 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

QUOTE(howszat @ Nov 27 2022, 08:27 PM)

But the current generation is going to be replaced by a new generation, Yaris Ativ.

But are there any reasons to buy the current generation, like discounts and other reasons, etc?
dont

the moment you bought it, it is an old car

buy new batch, enjoy 7 years of new model.
ktek
post Nov 30 2022, 06:13 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(68 others @ Nov 30 2022, 09:23 AM)
Vios Dugong = ugly
siam develop for us

QUOTE(goandloveyourself @ Nov 30 2022, 04:46 PM)
agree. but also myvi isnt using DNGA.
sirion
OrangeGrove
post Nov 30 2022, 06:51 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(howszat @ Nov 27 2022, 08:27 PM)

Wait for new one.. new TNGA/DNGA platform is a huge leap forward than the current Vios platform which is already close to 10 years old.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0414sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:04 PM