Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> type of lighting in house, maintenance issue

views

TSBboyDora
post Nov 27 2022, 06:35 PM, updated 2y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,094 posts

Hi all, im in the midst of palnning to renovate my house. (noob here. no experience at all)

my contractor told me to choose my own light. My question is where i can find one stop solution for all the light for the entire house , room, kitchen, toilet, balcony etc etc etc... yes, i know shopee lazada got a lot but i would like to have reliable light. dun want spoil in 2-3 months tongue.gif tongue.gif

2nd is as per title. How to choose the light with easy maintenance, which mean i can change myself easily if spoil.

3rdly, how am i know how many volt of the light i need? I asked my contractor, he told me to choose myself because he say later he choose, i will have issue, sometimes not bright enough or design not nice, worry i make noise. so he told me to choose my own. rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

thank you very much
jetblast
post Nov 27 2022, 06:49 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

Show your floor plan then people can comment
stormer.lyn
post Nov 27 2022, 07:14 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

Shouldn't you stop at a lighting shop and get advice and have a look at what they have? If Klang valley someplace like Wong Lighting
kennykck
post Nov 27 2022, 07:22 PM

!!!~~<((Bankai))>~~!!!
1,697 posts

QUOTE(BboyDora @ Nov 27 2022, 06:35 PM)
Hi all, im in the midst of palnning to renovate my house. (noob here. no experience at all)

my contractor told me to choose my own light. My question is where i can find one stop solution for all the light for the entire house , room, kitchen, toilet, balcony etc etc etc... yes, i know shopee lazada got a lot but i would like to have reliable light. dun want spoil in 2-3 months tongue.gif  tongue.gif

2nd is as per title. How to choose the light with easy maintenance, which mean i can change myself easily if spoil.

3rdly, how am i know how many volt of the light i need? I asked my contractor, he told me to choose myself because he say later he choose, i will have issue, sometimes not bright enough or design not nice, worry i make noise. so he told me to choose my own.  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
thank you very much
1) house of lighting puchong

2) easy maintenance one are those E27 bulb or fluorescent light. Downlight is still ok for maintenance, just need to know how to change it, but get reliable one coz the plaster ceiling easy damage the frequent you change it.

3) Bring your floor plan to lighting shop. Decide what lamp color you want in each room.
mini orchard
post Nov 27 2022, 07:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Buy those with bulb replacement type. Practical

Those that are spoilt and throw adviseable avoid including those with remote control unless you intend to keep some spares.

Once settled down, shop for some stand and table lighting to compliment it.

Have a mixture of warm white and daylight to suit the house.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Nov 27 2022, 07:55 PM
TSBboyDora
post Nov 27 2022, 09:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,094 posts

QUOTE(kennykck @ Nov 27 2022, 07:22 PM)
1) house of lighting puchong

2) easy maintenance one are those E27 bulb or fluorescent light. Downlight is still ok for maintenance, just need to know how to change it, but get reliable one coz the plaster ceiling easy damage the frequent you change it.

3) Bring your floor plan to lighting shop. Decide what lamp color you want in each room.
ahhh.....need to bring floor plan to the lighting shop. thanks for the advice notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

TSBboyDora
post Nov 27 2022, 09:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,094 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Nov 27 2022, 07:42 PM)
Buy those with bulb replacement type. Practical

Those that are spoilt and throw adviseable avoid including those with remote control unless you intend to keep some spares.

Once settled down, shop for some stand and table lighting to compliment it.

Have a mixture of warm white and daylight to suit the house.
yes. this is what im using now. thats why im thinking if i want modern design, all LED downlight, if rosak i really dunno how to change. thinking if rosak one, call electrician come and no one will entertain me i guess.

yes. i got few remote light which is totally useless. wont last long. thank you thank you bro

This post has been edited by BboyDora: Nov 27 2022, 09:29 PM
TSBboyDora
post Nov 27 2022, 09:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,094 posts

QUOTE(stormer.lyn @ Nov 27 2022, 07:14 PM)
Shouldn't you stop at a lighting shop and get advice and have a look at what they have? If Klang valley someplace like Wong Lighting
wong lighting, ok noted.

will look see look see.

thank you thank you notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
brutus
post Nov 28 2022, 11:26 AM

Regular
1,716 posts

Most if not all lighting shop sells only consumer grade lighting (Lifespan 10-15Khrs) which is fine for most domestic application. Typically usage around 4hrs/day, it will last 6-8 years. Not all brands the ratings are equal. Stay with reputable and established brands like Philips/Osram. In the market there are those with 30K-70Khrs lifespan for commercial/retail and factory use.
I am using a Philips 50Khrs lighting and is entering its 8th year with no issues at all. Almost the same brightness since day 1.
TSBboyDora
post Nov 30 2022, 09:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,094 posts

QUOTE(brutus @ Nov 28 2022, 11:26 AM)
Most if not all lighting shop sells only consumer grade lighting (Lifespan 10-15Khrs) which is fine for most domestic application. Typically usage around 4hrs/day, it will last 6-8 years.  Not all brands the ratings are equal. Stay with reputable and established brands like Philips/Osram. In the market there are those with 30K-70Khrs lifespan for commercial/retail and factory use.
I am using a Philips 50Khrs lighting and is entering its 8th year with no issues at all. Almost the same brightness since day 1.
thanks. Im looking for those with SIRIM for safety pruposes.

Philip and OSRAM....ok noted bro. thanks you notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

went a few lighting shops and they recommend those no brand from china...hahaha
brutus
post Nov 30 2022, 10:25 PM

Regular
1,716 posts

QUOTE(BboyDora @ Nov 30 2022, 09:51 PM)
thanks. Im looking for those with SIRIM for safety pruposes.

Philip and OSRAM....ok noted bro. thanks you notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

went a few lighting shops and they recommend those no brand from china...hahaha
SIRIM are for domestic use. Most of the professional series lighting are without SIRIM.
Even the RM 8 China branded LED Downlight also have SIRIM. doh.gif

Most lighting shop recommends their preferred China brand as the profit margins are higher.

This post has been edited by brutus: Nov 30 2022, 10:26 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.66    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:52 PM