Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Christian Fellowship Thread Ver 16, Welcome Christians, Love is the greatest

views

TSunknown warrior
post Nov 25 2022, 08:17 AM, updated 8 months ago

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Welcome Fellow Christians.

We are here to fellowship, to reach out, to encourage, to strengthen one another and to be a Witness unto this lost world of the goodness and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
FAQ
Few simple RULES to follow in our fellowship thread.

1. No flaming/troll post please. Let's keep this fellowship thread clean, positive and encouraging, as the purpose is more for believers of Christ.
2. Do not argue in hostility please. People of other Faith are welcome to ask and enquire genuine questions or out of curiosity about Christianity.
3. What's discussed in here, stays in here.
4. Do not spark an argument or to cause excessive argument, both are not allowed, your post will be deleted and report to Admin of Forum
5. Do not judge any Christians in here, do not insult them or threatened them with hell or perdition or whatever along that line.

Previous Threads
V15
V15
V14
V14
v13
v13
v12
v12
V11
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3855898
V10
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3599570
V09
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3485130
V08
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3393815
V07
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3197598
V06
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...&t=2621686&st=0
V05
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1758395
V04
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/801729
Good links to share:
http://www.opensong.org/
http://www.guitar4christ.com
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/
a database of chords and lyrics for christian songs.

GodTV
http://www.god.tv/

Good TV
http://www.goodtv.tv/
Online Bibles!
English Bible (with multi lingual): http://www.biblegateway.com/

Baptist sermon :
https://pbc.my/sermons-2/

Indonesian/Malay Bible: http://alkitab.otak.info/

Arabic Bible: http://www.arabicbible.com/bible/doc_bible.htm

Dear Christians, please do let us know about u, like denominations, which church u r from and where is ur church located. Oh, beside that, do let us know what position are u holding in ur church, as in.. hmm pianist ? choral singer ? or even Pastor.
LYN Christ Followers

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Christian BookShop
1) Salvation Bookstore - PJ SS2, Summit USJ
2) Glad Sound - PJ SS2, Taipan USJ 10, One Utama
3) Evangel - PJ SS2
4) MPH Bookstore
5) Canaanland Sdn Bhd: - http://www.canaanland.com.my/index.php?opt...&id=6&Itemid=12
6) Discovery House Publishers :https://dhdmalaysia.com/
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 25 2022, 08:18 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(Ruris @ Nov 25 2022, 08:12 AM)
Good to know you're still around and well.
Yes I'm back, well and alive. Praise God.
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 25 2022, 08:44 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

The Blessings of Abraham is yours.

Galatians 3:29 (NIV) - If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Morning guys, I post this verse today to let you know, you can have access to all of God's promise which he has given to patriarch Abraham. This is only a part of God's promise. The greater and greatest blessing is in Christ.

Why is this important? I want you to be equip with all the God has given you. I believe there are christians living depending on the system of this world.
The system of this world as we know it, belongs to the devil. If you have more faith in this world, it system to provide for you then on what God offers, I hope you can repent from this.

No Friends. Bible tells us...IF we belong to Christ, then we are Abraham seed. Whether we like it or not, believe it or not, this is the word of God, you are heirs of Abraham.

You can have access to this by prayer to God, stand on God's promise to provide for your living. If you study Abraham, he was very well provided for and all that he has was well protected.

We do not want the devil to devour our providence.

Meditate of this verse as we know living under an endemic life is a struggle for some but do remember your economy well being does not depend on this world, not in Egypt (type ref to world).

Your economic well being depends on the divine word of God. How can mere words in the Bible provide for you? Friend the word of God are not dead letter but is spirit and life and is God. (Read John 1:1, John 6:63)

John 1:1 (NIV) - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 6:63 (NV) - The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

Hence has the power to make changes for your life.

I close with Romans 1:16 (NIV) - For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

The word Salvation in this verse is not just refering to eternal life, more than that. It encompassed " welfare, prosperity, deliverance, preservation, salvation, safety". Think about it, meditate on it.

God Bless.

TSunknown warrior
post Nov 26 2022, 11:14 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

God works his miracle because you obey or because you believe?

Galatians 3:5 (NIV) - So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Blessed day to all of you.

I'm not against teachings that tells that in order for God to work his miracles, you must be obedient. No I'm not, perhaps there is a place for that.

But I trust fully what Galatians 3:5 tells us. God works his miracles because of our believing or ie faith. There is a reason why Apostle Paul ask this contrasting question. It's no point to ask this contrast if the miracles of God work through both law and faith. There will be some who will disagree, I will not argue with that.

But again I will fully trust what the Bible tells me.

God works his miracles because purely of believing (faith).

Why?

Because this is the New Covenant. In conjunction with prior devotion, (talking about Abraham blessings) in verse 9, Bible tells us;

"So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith." Do you see that? ......Those who rely...depend on faith are blessed together with Abraham.

Hence you have access to Abraham's blessing. And verse 10, 11 & 12 makes the contrast very very clear.

"For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.” The law is not based on faith....

Why do you want to put yourself under a curse by depending on your efforts of performance to God's Law? I hope this short devotion helps you to see clearly why faith is what activates God's miracles!

God Bless.

TSunknown warrior
post Nov 29 2022, 09:02 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

The Law is not based on faith

Galatians 3: 9-10 (NIV)
9 So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Good day fellow believers of Christ.

Today's devotion will be short but very insightful if not deep. It's just 1 sentence for you to digest and meditate. (Sentence in bold)

As one who has received Christ, if you rely on faith, you are blessed along with Abraham (Man of faith) but if you rely on laws of God, you are under a curse.

Rely here means depend on. The whole context has to do with "dependency".

Rely on Faith = believing = blessed. (past tense, good as done deal)
Rely on Law = Performance = curse. (living an un-victorious life)

Which one you rather be in? For me, I rather put myself under the new covenant and be blessed, living by faith and not put confidence If I fully obey God I will be blessed. No. That is not the new covenant. No wonder there are confusion in the body of Christ...some may think I've done my level best to obey but why am I still not blessed? Think about it.

No friends, I repent (change my mind) knowing I will be blessed because I believe whole heartedly what God says and promised.

This is the Bible, the word of God.

I pray the Holy Spirit gives you the revelation to this.

God Bless.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 29 2022, 09:03 AM
PlayPlayHa
post Nov 29 2022, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Hihi just trying to survey..
Any church using Discord as community channel?
TSunknown warrior
post Dec 1 2022, 09:52 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

What does it mean to finish by means of flesh?

Galatians 3:3 (NIV) - Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?

Good day. There is just so much we can learn in the book of Galatians 3 itself. So much to unpack. Galatians 3 talks quite a bit on works of the flesh?

What is the works of the flesh? It's basically your own performance which you rely on, measured against God's law. Something which you use to justify yourself before God's holy standard whether you've failed or acted righteously.

In the natural it sounded right even for people who don't know God, doesn't it? So what is so wrong with it? We forgot, it is a form of self righteousness. Whatever that is of self is as good as filthy rags from The Lord's eye.

There is an error which some of us may have presumed. We think prior to accepting Christ, whatever works we do, cannot makes us righteous as it cannot wash our sins away (taint of sin). But after accepting Christ, we think just because our sins has been washed, now the works of our flesh is clean and can be justify before God.

Sorry but that is one big erroneous doctrine.

Friend. When we are saved by God, is it because of our works? so what makes you think you can finish the race by your works? The bible is clear. We receive salvation not because of a anything righteous we've done but BECAUSE of God's grace, because of God's mercy, because God loves us. It's all from God!

With all that being said; I pray now you understand verse 3 of Galatians 3.

Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?

Let us avoid being fools. Live by faith, finished by faith. Your good works that you do, let it be nothing before your own eyes. You do it not to get saved but because you ARE saved.

God bless.

TSunknown warrior
post Dec 2 2022, 09:47 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Justify by Faith, not your obedience.

Galatians 3:8 (NIV) - Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”
Galatians 3:24 (NIV) - So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.

Good day fellow believers.

The word "justify" means "to show or prove to be right".

Praise God! God has made it so simple, that we can be proved right by our faith in Christ Jesus. For the longest time, there are just too many preaching of the law, you need to obey to be right..you need to obey to be blessed.

But my Bible tells me under the new covenant, I'm made right or righteous by faith! God works his miracles because I believe!

Friend, do not let anyone define how you are made right or how God moves his power for you, let God's word define it for you.

Why is this important? The devils wants you to be made right by your performance or doings. Why? Because there he can get you! Do you hear me? He can use the law against you. Where you have fallen short. Even if you do more, the devil will accuse you that it's not enough. The devil is the accuser. The devil wants to stop you from receiving from God! He wants you destroyed by God's law. Do you hear me?

But if you are justify by faith, it's so hard for the devil to pull you down with condemnation and I believe God wanted it that way. If you can understand that you're saved by GRACE, the devil has nothing to accuse you with. Why?

Because Faith and Grace is something you cannot merit with. Meaning something you cannot earn. It's a free gift. Do you hear me friends? How can the devil attack what is given to you free? He cannot!

Do you want to know the secret of moving on especially when you've failed before Father God? If and when you have failed or sinned before God. Remind yourself of the TRUTH of the Bible.

It is by the obedience of one man, many are made righteous. (Romans 5:19) Not your obedience! My action (sinning or my obedience) doesn't merit me any righteousness. What I do, cannot count before God!
Quote Romans 4:15! However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness! (Digest and mediate the word "ungodly", what does it mean there? It simply means You and I! We ALL qualify!)

Believe that! There will be criticism of easy believism, ignore them. For me I rather believe God's word even if sounds too easy or too good to be true. Why? Because what is of God is supernatural. We have lived in the corrupted natural for far too long under the devil world system. We have been molded and deceived by the devil since the time of Adam and Eve.

If the Bible says we are justified by faith in Christ then that is the truth and nothing else matter!

God Bless!

TSunknown warrior
post Dec 8 2022, 10:35 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Christ became cursed so that I don't have to

Galatians 3: 13 - 14 (NIV) Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Dear Believers,

This is a very powerful promise which you can claim for deliverance or protection whenever you're attacked by the devil. But do we understand what does redeemed from the curse of the law means?

Romans 3:9 (BSB) Tells us;
What then? Are we any better? Not at all. For we have already made the charge that Jews and Greeks alike are all under sin.

Galatians 3:22 (BSB) Tells us;
But the Scripture pronounces all things confined by sin, so that by faith in Jesus Christ the promise might be given to those who believe.

Scripture tells us, everyone is bound to disobedience (Romans 11:32). Everyone has fallen short of God's Standard. And what are the consequence of that? Answer is curse. Well you may argue that the OT Law is only for the Jews, hence curse shouldn't apply. However, Romans 3:9 and Galatians 3:22 tells us everyone is charged to sin! When you are charged to sin, there are consequences! Romans 2:12 also tells us, those who sin apart from OT law will also perish! The word perish in the Greek means destroyed. (Gentiles)

Nobody could escape the punishment of sin. The ultimate consequence of sin is 2nd death where you will be permanently torment in lake of fire. Then there is the consequences of sin which usually involves suffering of all kind while you're still alive in your body. These are signs of curses.

And I have a very good question.

What empowers sin? Do you know? You think it's the devil or your actions of sin? No. It's God's own Law! Read 1 Corinthians 15:56. That is why believers must learn to look to Christ instead of God's Law for justification for Righteousness and Salvation.

What am I trying to say at the end of the day?

We are all imperfect people even after being saved. There may be times the devil have entered in through open doorways or gateway legally because of our own flaws. What do we do when we realize this has happened?

Quote Galatians 3 verse 13 out loud! Quote it to the spiritual realm! Let your confession of this verse be heard in your prayer audibly! Envision yourself before the courts of heaven in legal battle with the enemy, stand on this verse!
It does not matter what are the gateways or how many are they! The Bible promise Christ became a curse for us and that all legal charge (READ ALL) has been cancelled! Read Colossians 2:13-14

God who is faithful, will confirm his word by his Holy Spirit to set you free.

I'm giving you here a spiritual weapon to fight your spiritual battle. I pray the Holy Spirit gives you revelation of today's devotion.

God Bless!

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Dec 8 2022, 10:41 AM
TSunknown warrior
post Dec 9 2022, 10:11 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

The OT promises of God are still valid.

Galatians 3:17 (NIV) - What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

There is so much to exposit in the book of Galatians 3. I want to move on to other books but I felt lead to finish off all the revelations in there. Hope the readers will be patience.

The Lord has done away with the curse of the Law but not with the promises He promised to patriarch Abraham. It's clearly stated in the main verse of today's devotion.

Why is this even important? Many would have thought, having Jesus Christ, Salvation is enough. Of course it is enough but do you know what entails the promises? There are so many!

God's word tells us, we believers are destroyed for lack of knowledge. There are some circle of Christianity that no longer believes in miracles. They say it's up to God, If He will then it happens, otherwise it won't. Which is true but do you know God's word also tells us..you have not because you asked not? It depends on the one who prays and ask! (James 4:2-3) So it's not God who will provide according to God's request but yours!

You may argue the classic argument if God knows everything why can't He just gives?

Friend, when the Lord created Adam and Eve, He didn't create an automatic robotic world that does everything on it's own. That is rather an ignorant way of thinking. Study the Bible from genesis , you will realize, it's a partnership with Him in doing all things! Look at all the prophets, kings, all the people in the bible....every single time, God is involved with the person. It's a partnership, friend. Adam & Eve cause the lost of partnership but Christ restored that partnership! If I were you, knowing I'm restored to God, having access to all His promise, I will take pain to know all of them!

Abraham was well provided for! Bible did not shy to record he had all the lives tocks, silver and even gold, lands etc. Some erroneous teaching says to be holy is to be poor financially. Sorry but my bible never teaches that. God protected Abraham's wife even when he lied saying it was his sister. The Lord answered Abraham's prayer for healing upon Abimelech house. The Lord renewed Sarah's body to be beautiful looking even at an old age where it's impossible for a heathen King who go by his natural eyes to want someone unless that someone looks desirable ....physically. You may not like the word prosperity but what happened to Abraham was that He thrived! Why? Because God was with him in everything.

When God is with you, what is dead will come to life! And to quash ignorant mindset, no God isn't going to make everyone who believes to be billionaire. But God DO promise to provide! And I believe provide well, having more than enough so that you can bless others! I put in Abraham's recorded history of being provided richly to destroy the argument that God wants his people to be in poverty. And do have a repented mind, this is not about money. No.

It's about God who provides and answer prayers, dispensing miracles because we live in a fallen world where the devil rules with destruction. Our role here is to point people to Christ so that they can have answers, hope and Salvation.

Amen? God Bless.

TSunknown warrior
post Dec 10 2022, 10:20 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

The Law is not of faith

Galatians 3:12 (ESV) - But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”

Good Day fellow Christians.

Today's main verse tells us ...The law is not of faith. Let's study the word "of"

In the Greek "Ek" which is "of" means "from, from out of".

To understanding, Let us use an analogy.

Jesus "of" Nazareth. What does "of" in this context means? It simply means Jesus grew up in Nazareth, the experience. People knew He grew up there and was active there.

Same as you can say John is from KL. So John is familiar with that place. John is connected with that place.

With that being said, the Law is not of faith would simply mean God's Law has nothing to do with Faith. In fact, they are in opposite of each other.

To understand better, one needs to understand the purpose of God's Law. Galatians 3:19 tells us, God's Law came in along side or added because of transgression (Sin). The phrase came in along side or added denotes it was not God's main agenda for his creation. It was something secondary and not of primary will of God.

Scripture tells us, The strength of Sin is God's Law. IE God's Law empower sin. (1 Corinthians 15:56)

Romans 4:14 -15 (BSB) For if those who live by the law are heirs, faith is useless and the promise is worthless, because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law, there is no transgression.

Read all these verses I've provided.

If God's Law empower sin and has bearing to make faith useless and God's promises worthless, in fact without the law, there is no transgression meaning sin is made powerless, why do you still want to approach unto God's Law?

I do not know to make this any more clearer. I do not know if there are churches still teaching God's Law as series to follow week after week, killing faith in result but I do pray God's Holy Spirit make this clear to you.

Don't look to God's Law any longer but look to Christ Jesus who can remove all the curse of the law from your life and gives you all the blessings you very much needed by GRACE.

Even apostle Paul calls the gospel, the Gospel of Grace! (Acts 20:24)

Divorce yourself from God's Law, get married to God's Grace! Everyday keep depending, relying on God's Grace!

God Bless

gashout
post Dec 10 2022, 10:38 AM

⭐ My stars are growing ⭐
3,634 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Dec 10 2022, 10:20 AM)
The Law is not of faith

Galatians 3:12 (ESV) -  But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”

Good Day fellow Christians.

Today's main verse tells us ...The law is not of faith. Let's study the word "of"

In the Greek  "Ek" which is "of" means "from, from out of".
To understanding, Let us use an analogy.

Jesus "of" Nazareth. What does "of" in this context means? It simply means Jesus grew up in Nazareth, the experience. People knew He grew up there and was active there.

Same as you can say John is from KL. So John is familiar with that place. John is connected with that place.

With that being said, the Law is not of faith would simply mean God's Law has nothing to do with Faith. In fact, they are in opposite of each other.

To understand better, one needs to understand the purpose of God's Law. Galatians 3:19 tells us, God's Law came in along side or added because of transgression (Sin). The phrase came in along side or added denotes it was not God's main agenda for his creation. It was something secondary and not of primary will of God.

Scripture tells us, The strength of Sin is God's Law. IE God's Law empower sin. (1 Corinthians 15:56)

Romans 4:14 -15 (BSB) For if those who live by the law are heirs, faith is useless and the promise is worthless, because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law, there is no transgression.

Read all these verses I've provided.

If God's Law empower sin and has bearing to make faith useless and God's promises worthless, in fact without the law, there is no transgression meaning sin is made powerless, why do you still want to approach unto God's Law?

I do not know to make this any more clearer. I do not know if there are churches still teaching God's Law as series to follow week after week, killing faith in result but I do pray God's Holy Spirit make this clear to you.

Don't look to God's Law any longer but look to Christ Jesus who can remove all the curse of the law from your life and gives you all the blessings you very much needed by GRACE.

Even apostle Paul calls the gospel, the Gospel of Grace! (Acts 20:24)

Divorce yourself from God's Law, get married to God's Grace! Everyday keep depending, relying on God's Grace!

God Bless

Happy to see you're back!
TSunknown warrior
post Dec 10 2022, 10:44 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(gashout @ Dec 10 2022, 10:38 AM)
Happy to see you're back!
wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif
TSunknown warrior
post Dec 18 2022, 11:52 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

The problem with Law Keeping

Galatians 3:10 (NIV) ............ “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

And I thought I've squeeze out every revelation there is in Galatians 3 yet there is always wonderful truth which the Holy Spirit can bring to you in same verses or books.

Before continuing, I need establish that there is nothing wrong with God's Law, it is a form of mirror that tells you the truth. If you see ugly or beautiful, that is what it is, after all it is God who gave the law. You cannot blame the mirror.
The mirror is unbending, it cannot flex or bend a little to help whatever weakness you have but the reverse, you are judge, condemned by it.

Yet do you know what is the trouble with "relying" On God's Law? Verse 10 helps us to understand.

Curse is everyone who does not continue to do EVERYTHING written in the Book of the Law. If you want to be justified, you need to fulfill everything. Not 1 or 3 or 9 laws but everything.

It's a laborious life to live. You have to keep on doing, doing, doing, if you think about it, it's nothing short of stressed life. But the saddest part is that, no matter how perfect or how good you are in fulfilling God's Law, you are not justified by it.

Isn't that just depressing if not sad? You do so much yet, God's Law does not justify you. And if you don't continue with your performance to every single one of it, you are cursed. Try digest this into your spirit, the problem of it.

Every believer still lives in a body that has the nature of flesh. Until we received our new body, there will be challenges, temptations and failures. Who is perfect all the way, never make 1 mistake from birth to the day of passing really? I only know there is One Man who is sinless and has gone back to God the Father in Heaven. This is the One Man who has done and fulfilled every requirement of the Law so that you don't have to. IN fact if you already did not know, ONLY this ONE MAN could fulfilled God's Law perfectly and the Law was waiting for Him and Him alone. His name is Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son.

With all that being said, breath easy and live by faith knowing you have God's grace for everyday endeavors.

God wants you to live by faith, believing in his Son who has completed the requirement of God's Law. Keep this in your heart everyday.

Jesus Christ has fulfilled God's Law and God has credit righteousness to me without me performing to God's Law.

God Bless.

TSunknown warrior
post Jan 4 2023, 09:28 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Have the right opinion about God

John 3:17 (NIV) - For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Blessed Day to all fellow Christians.

There are all kinds of thoughts in this world about God. It is quite common for people to think God is mysterious (God works in a mysterious way), God is trying to catch me in my sins, God is an angry God, God is so far away and silent, doesn't really care, etc.

If you don't put in the effort to have a relationship with God, all those thoughts above come into play because you don't know Him.

You know, all my devotions have 1 purpose in mind. It's to let you know, that you all have equal grounds and opportunity to come to God. Study the verses that I shared and you will know it is true. The devotions that I share basically remove the hard obstacles. It answers the many questions and wrong beliefs people have about God.

Grace Of Jesus Christ is so important because it removes obstacles/ hindrances of the Law that prohibit, without Grace people could not enter into God's presence. But now with Christ, we all can!

All the world's religions are still based on law, ie YOU need to perform to come to God. The emphasis and focus is on Man (You).

Christianity stands on its own. It is different. Christ FINISHED God's work so that you can come to God! The emphasis and focus is on God.

This is what separates Christianity from the rest. God came down to us to remove the obstacle via the sacrifice of Christ's death at the cross. We do not need to perform and measure up against God's law to enter Heaven. This is why the devil attack's Christ death and resurrection greatly and fight to institute the Old Testament law.

The DIVINE word of God tells us ANYTHING that tries to contradict Christ's death or that Christ came as human = Anti-Christ. We must be careful to always remember this.

This devotion is for you. If you ever think God is angry at you, out to get you, read John 3:17, what does it say? This verse is just after the world's famous verse John 3:16.

If God wants to get you, God wouldn't send Christ to save you. Think about it.

God Bless.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Jan 5 2023, 03:25 PM
TSunknown warrior
post Jan 6 2023, 02:58 PM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Thirsty Again and again and again

John 4:13 - 14 (NIV) - Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

It's interesting to note, while having conversation with atheists in this forum...I'm reminded of this verse in John 4:13-14.

People are always searching for something to quench thirst, and this thirst can represent many things to different people.
There is a gap in everyone's life that is empty waiting to be filled. It can be knowledge, relationship, money, power, whatever.

God tells us, in the thirst of life, the gap can never be quenched. You will thirst again.

If you think that having all knowledge, power or even money you need can satisfy your life, at the end, it doesn't. Same with the thinking, having a relationship with BF or GF or even having a wife or husband.
The incident with the Samaritan woman's life at the well, help us to understand that.

There will be this emptiness in everyone's life where only God alone can fit in to stop the thirst.

Are you empty on the inside?

The Living God that I know, invites you to consider to allow Him to come into your life, into your heart, so that you can stop searching aimlessly or endlessly.

The empty gap, the thirsts stops when Christ Jesus gives you freely His spring of water (Metaphor for God's Life) to fill your life.

Hope you will consider.

God Bless.

TSunknown warrior
post Jan 14 2023, 09:25 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Being Kept Blameless

1 Thessalonians 5:23 - 24 (NIV) May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

Good Day Fellow Believers.

We need to ask ourselves, who is the one who is suppose to keep us blameless? God or us? Both of God & us?

I can already hear critiques telling me Book of James, Faith and works are on 2 sides of same coin, ie Faith without works is dead. Let me remind the readers, Faith without works is dead has nothing to do with, washing away our sins, thus gaining Salvation. Yes you heard me right, go read the entire chapter, you will not find any passage in there telling us the works required is needed to wash our sins and to be saved for Salvation. The works required in faith (book of James) has very much to do with being a living a testimony for God. Because you represent God for people who are not saved. Hence you cannot just be lip service and do nothing in living the Christian life, ie loving people, obeying God, it must be accompanied by action. So the righteousness that the Book of James talks about is "horizontal" righteousness between people and people (Read verse 24, emphasis on the phrase "you see"..you here refers to Man), not between the believer and God else there will be contradiction of theology against other books in the Bible.

We started receiving salvation by faith in Jesus Christ doing nothing to merit in being washed clean and we must end by our meriting? Our doing?...to be kept clean? Something is seriously wrong if we think so.

I believe this is the very part the devil use to confuse some of us so that we walk in erroneous theology resulting in persistent defeat.

Read 1 Thessalonians 5:23 - 24 carefully. It starts with God and it ends with God. The answer to my question = God is the one who will keep you blameless and not only that....God will be faithful to do it.

With that being said, Rest Easy and Breath Easy. Because God is the one who will keep you blameless until Christ second coming, your part is to just live by faith everyday, doing what needs to be done, in loving others, helping others (Family, Friends, etc), serving in Church, etc

Even if you have weakness and flaws.....God is still the one who keeps your

1. Spirit
2. Soul
3. Body

Blameless until the end. So I urge you fellow Christians, keep your eyes on Jesus Christ our God and Saviour, NEVER on your self performances.

God Bless.

TSunknown warrior
post Jan 16 2023, 10:06 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Is God still with us even though we still have flaws?

1 Thessalonians 5:10 (NIV) - He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

I'm very encouraged when God gave me this verse to help you.

I have people telling me, when we first received Salvation, it's "just" an initial grace, then after that, the rest of our lives depends on what we do. There will be some grace or mercy but by large it depends on our performances. Implying if we fail, God is cut off from us.

If you read from verse 1 of 1 Thessalonians 5, the book will explain...believers are children of light, we belong to the day (reference to day light). We do not belong to the night. Those who sleep, sleep at night, those who get drunk, get drunk at night.

What does this means?

Sleep, night, getting drunk are all connotations of weakness or flaws, ie people who are not living according to the will of God. Are they referring to habitual sins? I dare not say, because I don't know.

But what I do know is that; this verse very strongly explains, God does not discard you away even when you have weaknesses. It would be pointless for verse 11 to tell us to "therefore" encourage one another. Not unless there will be believers who are asleep, gets drunk in night, etc.

You don't need to encourage or build up believers who are already living in light everyday. These are already living under God's will.

So I hope this devotion today will encourage you...who are asleep to come back to the Father in Heaven who loves you with an everlasting love.

God Bless.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Jan 16 2023, 10:06 AM
TSunknown warrior
post Jan 16 2023, 05:25 PM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Christianity has too many denominations so Christianity is not true?

Mark 9:39-40 (NIV) -

38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”
39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me,
40 for whoever is not against us is for us.

It's interesting to note that the 12 apostles thought they were "the" exclusive chosen of God, hence anyone outside of them are to be warried if not rejected or deemed unrecognized.

I thank God that God did not agree to such thoughts. While the 12 was chosen, God already had in mind to reach out to others, the Samaritan women at the well who became an instant evangelist for example. Saul who later became Apostle Paul was not part of the chosen 12. In fact the 12 Apostles wasn't comfortable and were very cautious with Paul. Yet Paul wrote most of the New Testament though he was not of the original 12.

Now I'm not advocating that we should simply accept any religious person or organization claiming to be Christian as there are cults with false teachers. We still need to be careful to know what is true, supported by scripture as whole. What has already been established in scripture cannot be changed. For example, anyone claiming to be a "new" Messiah, should send obvious warning signals.

Besides, you have the Holy Spirit in you to warn you. There will be something scratchy / uneasiness when you see something that doesn't add up or tries to contradict the Bible.

Yet we cannot live under paranoid fear and be so rigid to reject people outside of the denomination that we prefer to be in. Personally I do not believe in denominations.

What am I trying to say here?

I believe God can use anyone....literally anyone In body of Christ. It doesn't have to be from a particular denomination. It can be someone famous or unknown. I know this to be true. It's interesting if you read Azusa Street revival records(Very interesting read), there are so many spectacular miracles dispense from ministers, lay people, etc you have never heard of.

At times I think we need to heed the word of Christ our Lord in Mark 9 Verse 39 to be united as One body of Christ.

Just food for thought

God Bless.

TSunknown warrior
post Jan 17 2023, 12:48 PM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Hold On!

Colossians 1: 16 - 17 (NIV) - For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

This is the power of Christ! All things were created through Him and for Him! Therefore Christ has the power to hold things together.

If you feel that your world is falling apart, whether it's relationship, marriage, study, career, whatever it is...

You can pray to Jesus Christ to Hold what is falling apart together!

God can restore broken lives, broken relationship even broken spirit!

It's what I do, when at times the fight of life seems too much, I pray to Lord Jesus Christ to hold my world and my life and to keep me in his hands.

And God is faithful, have faith.

God Bless!

47 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 PM