Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Money in current account - people going to pass aw

views

touristking
post Nov 28 2022, 01:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Nov 28 2022, 06:01 AM)
No death cert, no funeral parlor will conduct any burial or cremation, not even touching the corpse.

Unless is murder and wish to cover-up.
No. If a person die in hospital, the hospital will issue a Certificate of Cause of Death. You can cremate the person based on that.

Later on, could be days or weeks or months, you go to a government department to get the Death Certificate.

mini orchard
post Nov 28 2022, 01:13 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Nov 28 2022, 01:07 PM)
No. If a person die in hospital, the hospital will issue a Certificate of Cause of Death. You can cremate the person based on that.

Later on, could be days or weeks or months, you go to a government department to get the Death Certificate.
Hospital is automatic. No need to inform.
touristking
post Nov 28 2022, 01:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Nov 28 2022, 06:13 AM)
Hospital is automatic. No need to inform.
Don't know about government hospital. But with private hospital, they don't do it for you. They only issue the Cause of Death and the rest up to the family members.

TSrocketm
post Nov 28 2022, 08:52 PM

Regular
1,547 posts

My relative incident now is the funeral parlor will need them to pass the original IC to process with the death cert in JPN. Then can use the death cert to claim for insurance.

Their family members already transferred all the money in bank account, leaving RM0.00. Not sure whether they will inform the bank to close account or not.
daniellehu
post Nov 28 2022, 11:15 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(romuluz777 @ Nov 24 2022, 11:41 AM)
Once the death cert is issued, which means the Mykad has been surrended to balai or JPN, the bank accounts will be frozen.
Not sure if this applies to joint accounts though where the deceased shares with the living.
Yes, the frozen status will be also be applied on joint account.
touristking
post Nov 29 2022, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(rocketm @ Nov 28 2022, 01:52 PM)
Their family members already transferred all the money in bank account, leaving RM0.00. Not sure whether they will inform the bank to close account or not.
If the amount is huge, wait till Income Tax come ask you where the money coming from.

The normal procedure is like this.
1. Once bank got the necessary documents, they will allow you to open an account called "Estate Account for Mr.XXX).
2. Then all money in all accounts of Mr XXX can only go to the Estate Account. And from there, distributed out to benefactions.
3. So if you got a huge amount of money in your account, you can show Income Tax the money came from a deceased estate account.

genesic
post Dec 4 2022, 09:03 AM

Enthusiast
755 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Nov 28 2022, 02:01 PM)
No death cert, no funeral parlor will conduct any burial or cremation, not even touching the corpse.

Unless is murder and wish to cover-up.
i think this the point we need to get the death certificate.
In private hospital, they do issue the cause of death and using that statement to get the Death Certificate.
Govt hospital will be automatic as they usually have police station within the Hospital to deal with all this.

genesic
post Dec 4 2022, 09:07 AM

Enthusiast
755 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Nov 28 2022, 01:05 PM)
No death certificate, bank obviously don't know so you can still operate the account.

Bank not given the death certificate, bank still don't know so you can still operate the account.

That the the case I was dealing with.

In fact, I think if you never inform the government relevant department, you will never get the death certificate in the 1st place. So in theory, if you never go get the death certificate for x year, bank will never know for x year and you can still operate the account for x year.
wont work this way. once the person passed away, death certificate is needed to process with burial or cremation, epf, insurance, tawakul, Will etc etc.
Unless you not planning to bury or cremate the passed away person. hmm.gif

MUM
post Dec 4 2022, 09:32 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,206 posts

QUOTE(genesic @ Dec 4 2022, 09:07 AM)
wont work this way. once the person passed away, death certificate is needed to process with burial or cremation, epf, insurance, tawakul, Will etc etc.
See post 21,for cremation

Epf, insurance, ...Post 24

This post has been edited by MUM: Dec 4 2022, 09:40 AM
touristking
post Dec 4 2022, 10:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(genesic @ Dec 4 2022, 02:07 AM)
Just done it recently as Trustee.

Hospital issued a Medical Certificate of Cause of Death (if death at home, I wouldn't know). You can do cremation with this certificate, no need Death Certificate.

You can get the Death Certificate later and it stands on logic you will need Death Certificate for the other stuff like EPF and insurance etc

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:07 PM