Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xiaomi Phone Problem

views

TSrocketm
post Nov 19 2022, 09:32 PM, updated 2y ago

Regular
1,547 posts

My Xiaomi A2 Lite phone today suddenly screen does not pop out the drawing pattern to unlock and discard message. It only can increase/decrease volume and restart. I have sent into a phone repair shop to fix and they said is LCD problem that cost me RM200. Repair time is 2 hours to get my phone and need another 2 hours to let the glue fix.

When I back home 4 hours later, the same problem appeared. I contacted the technician and he need a day to check, and he do not have spare phone for me just to receive call/WhatsApp. If the LCD problem, then no charge, if other things problem, then I need to pay.

I would like to know anything I can DIY to fix it?
Is it worth to repair again or buy new phone?
Whether the repair cost I paid today is expensive?
If buying a new phone is preferrable, what is the recommended phone that is below RM1k?
brendankay
post Mar 1 2023, 07:55 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(rocketm @ Nov 19 2022, 09:32 PM)
My Xiaomi A2 Lite phone today suddenly screen does not pop out the drawing pattern to unlock and discard message. It only can increase/decrease volume and restart. I have sent into a phone repair shop to fix and they said is LCD problem that cost me RM200. Repair time is 2 hours to get my phone and need another 2 hours to let the glue fix.

When I back home 4 hours later, the same problem appeared. I contacted the technician and he need a day to check, and he do not have spare phone for me just to receive call/WhatsApp. If the LCD problem, then no charge, if other things problem, then I need to pay. 

I would like to know anything I can DIY to fix it?
Is it worth to repair again or buy new phone?
Whether the repair cost I paid today is expensive?
If buying a new phone is preferrable, what is the recommended phone that is below RM1k?
In my opinion, it is not worth it to fix the phone, considering that the phone’s age from launch is around 4 years ago. Samsung Galaxy A13 might be a good choice though because the phone does not crash a lot in the budget and battery life is superb.

SUS-Hidan-
post Jul 8 2023, 12:55 AM

37 posts

Personally i would rather get a cheap rm350 phone than fix it.
hocuspocus
post Jul 22 2023, 10:54 AM

10 posts

maybe buy cheapest phone and hope it can last for 3-4 years, then change to another cheapest phone released on that year, probably will save a lot in the long run
cawan
post Jul 22 2023, 11:25 AM

Casual
329 posts

opt with cheapest phone. that include new model, 1-2 years warranty, new feature and new android support. much better

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:02 PM