Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ceiling mount for rear speaker, Recommendations

views

TSkevyeoh
post Nov 16 2022, 12:47 AM, updated 2y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

Gais...i'm planning to get this Sony rear speakers - SA-RS3S.

What type of ceiling mount will work? Kinda noob here and not sure from the ones i've seen at shopee/lazada, which one will work.

thanks!
minano0001
post Nov 16 2022, 03:00 PM

On my way
527 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Nov 16 2022, 12:47 AM)
Gais...i'm planning to get this Sony rear speakers - SA-RS3S.

What type of ceiling mount will work? Kinda noob here and not sure from the ones i've seen at shopee/lazada, which one will work.

thanks!
not an expert here but rear speakers shouldnt be ceiling mounted. atmos speakers are ceiling mounted.
rear speakers should be same height as your head when u are seated. therefore u should be getting
speaker stands instead of ceiling mounts
peter32
post Nov 16 2022, 03:25 PM

心旷神怡
1,154 posts

My experience during my earlier speaker upgrade was to choose between rear speaker or rear height.

I ended up fixing it as rear height to enable both Atmos and Auro-3D configuration. So for Atmos, rear speaker should be at ear level; For Atmos+Auro-3D combined system, rear height.

Thats only my own 2 cents.
SSJBen
post Nov 16 2022, 04:00 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

I assume this is to complement an already existing Sony soundbar. You didn't say which soundbar you already have, so am unsure if you're doing the whole fake atmos reflective thing or you're just doing a traditional 5.1 setup.

If you're doing the fake Atmos thing, then you'd want the rear speakers to be no higher than 1ft above ear level when you're seated.
If you're doing the traditional 5.1 setup, then you should have the rear speakers above 2ft, preferably closer to 3ft higher than you when you are sitting down.
TSkevyeoh
post Nov 17 2022, 09:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

Thank you all, i'm planning to pair with HT-A7000 soundbar so yeah, it should be Dolby Atmos...
First time fixing rear speakers and also my 1st soundbar purchase so kinda noobs here...

Actually i already prepare mounting hole/wiring at ceiling but looks like I will drop the plan and buy speaker stand now...thanks all for the feedbacks...

QUOTE(minano0001 @ Nov 16 2022, 03:00 PM)
not an expert here but rear speakers shouldnt be ceiling mounted. atmos speakers are ceiling mounted.
rear speakers should be same height as your head when u are seated. therefore u should be getting
speaker stands instead of ceiling mounts
QUOTE(peter32 @ Nov 16 2022, 03:25 PM)
My experience during my earlier speaker upgrade was to choose between rear speaker or rear height.

I ended up fixing it as rear height to enable both Atmos and Auro-3D configuration. So for Atmos, rear speaker should be at ear level; For Atmos+Auro-3D combined system, rear height.

Thats only my own 2 cents.
QUOTE(SSJBen @ Nov 16 2022, 04:00 PM)
I assume this is to complement an already existing Sony soundbar. You didn't say which soundbar you already have, so am unsure if you're doing the whole fake atmos reflective thing or you're just doing a traditional 5.1 setup.

If you're doing the fake Atmos thing, then you'd want the rear speakers to be no higher than 1ft above ear level when you're seated.
If you're doing the traditional 5.1 setup, then you should have the rear speakers above 2ft, preferably closer to 3ft higher than you when you are sitting down.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0108sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:44 AM