Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Problem with Dell 27" monitor, P2715Q (4K monitor)

views

TSJojolin
post Nov 13 2022, 06:56 PM, updated 2y ago

Getting Started
65 posts

Recently, a quarter of my screen on the lower left side has a black shadowy patch appearing (see photo). At first, I thought it was the display cable and I changed it but it is still the same. It is also not the GPU as I tried with my laptop -- same issue. I guess my monitor needs repairing.

1) Should I bring it back to Dell (although it is out of warranty)?

2) Should I find an independent repair shop which is cheaper?

3) Or just invest in a new 4K monitor?

Model: Dell P2715Q (4K monitor)
Date Purchased: June 2017

user posted image
omg7788
post Nov 13 2022, 09:41 PM

Kampung Style Information Technology
431 posts

QUOTE(Jojolin @ Nov 13 2022, 06:56 PM)
Recently, a quarter of my screen on the lower left side has a black shadowy patch appearing (see photo). At first, I thought it was the display cable and I changed it but it is still the same. It is also not the GPU as I tried with my laptop -- same issue. I guess my monitor needs repairing.

Model: Dell P2715Q (4K monitor)
Date Purchased: June 2017

user posted image
hmm since june 2017, i assume more than 5 years already. I think you should invest into a new monitor. You can find shop to repair but i don't think the price will be cheap, sending back to dell is not a option where they might usually charge you at a very high price.
Napalm_man
post Nov 14 2022, 08:00 AM

On my way
633 posts

- Since you bought this on 2017, I think the warranty expired already
- No advisable as they might replace the faulty parts with refurbished parts, probably give you a week warranty.
- If you have the budget, go ahead. Worth the price though
jonathanYYDS
post Nov 14 2022, 03:14 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

Without warranty Dell won't provide you support. Buying new warranty will cost you few hundred RM (Around RM400++ **Depends on model too**). You can send it to 3rd party repairer but this is panel issue. Changing panel will cost you few hundred ringgit + RM80~RM160 labour cost. And usually after one year, the problem will come back again.

So far all the monitors I purchase could last me over 8 years thru my experience. Shortest was 4 years 11 months (which is Dell). Lucky that time, it come with 5 years warranty. So I just call Dell, they come and swap the monitor for me without any charges. And that monitor last me another 5 years+ before I donate it to my apartment guard house and upgrade to new and bigger screen. Upgrade from 17" to 24".
yeo1992cc
post Nov 15 2022, 10:05 AM

Casual
398 posts

My suggestion if have warranty, warranty with vendor.

If no warranty, ask for outsource repair price first and weights it (usually screen repair would last at least another one year, however do note outsource repair shop usually don't replace with original parts, so you might find the quality degrade.

This post has been edited by yeo1992cc: Nov 15 2022, 10:05 AM
TSJojolin
post Nov 22 2022, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

Thanks for this. Yes I called Dell and confirmed they will NOT repair out-of-warranty products.
I guess I will have to look for a 3rd party repair shop. Any shops to recommend?

Btw what are the monitors that could last u 8 years? Can share the brand names, pls?

I might buy LG for my next 27" 4K monitor.

QUOTE(jonathanYYDS @ Nov 14 2022, 03:14 PM)
Without warranty Dell won't provide you support. Buying new warranty will cost you few hundred RM (Around RM400++ **Depends on model too**). You can send it to 3rd party repairer but this is panel issue. Changing panel will cost you few hundred ringgit + RM80~RM160 labour cost. And usually after one year, the problem will come back again.

So far all the monitors I purchase could last me over 8 years thru my experience. Shortest was 4 years 11 months (which is Dell). Lucky that time, it come with 5 years warranty. So I just call Dell, they come and swap the monitor for me without any charges. And that monitor last me another 5 years+ before I donate it to my apartment guard house and upgrade to new and bigger screen. Upgrade from 17" to 24".
jonathanYYDS
post Nov 23 2022, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(Jojolin @ Nov 22 2022, 04:21 PM)
Thanks for this. Yes I called Dell and confirmed they will NOT repair out-of-warranty products.
I guess I will have to look for a 3rd party repair shop. Any shops to recommend?

Btw what are the monitors that could last u 8 years? Can share the brand names, pls?

I might buy LG for my next 27" 4K monitor.
Monitor brand that lasts me 8 years is Samsung. But I notice nowadays Samsung monitor doesn't last that long anymore.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:46 AM