Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IT Support related cert

views

TSdmdfi P
post Oct 27 2022, 09:27 AM, updated 2y ago

Probation
5 posts

I'm currently working as it support (desktop support) with my bachelor's in information technology. What are the certs that i can obtain so that i could demand more salary.
ceekay78
post Nov 30 2022, 12:37 PM

On my way
553 posts

QUOTE(dmdfi @ Oct 27 2022, 09:27 AM)
I'm currently working as it support (desktop support) with my bachelor's in information technology. What are the certs that i can obtain so that i could demand more salary.
SDA & ITSM biggrin.gif
SUSKim Sim
post Dec 12 2022, 04:53 PM

27 posts

Pmp
Mavik
post Dec 13 2022, 09:57 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(dmdfi @ Oct 27 2022, 09:27 AM)
If you are looking to expand your horizon, since you said that you are desktop support, can I assume that it is in a Windows environment?

What about looking at MacOS deployments, dealing with MDM and device management software such as JAMF

In the field of security, then it would be Endpoint security, setup, deployment, project manage for desktop support

Then towards managing remote support, managing a team of support engineers to support your users remotely vs onsite (depending on the more cost efficient route).

Then work your way towards owning the entire desktop/laptop experience for the company.

That is usually the path I see for folks within your area of purview.
WanderingLife P
post Dec 15 2022, 07:42 PM

Probation
11 posts

for infra related cert with more value / demand
linux cert RHCE
Cloud cert - aws/azure cert

MCSE - good to have but i'll put lower priority compare to cloud , cloud is the future

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 PM