Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tnb meter application for subsale unit, Previous owner never apply for meter

views

TSAgent 45
post Oct 14 2022, 08:56 PM, updated 2y ago

Enthusiast
926 posts

Attached Image
Hi all, I just bought a subsale unit which obtained VP back in November 2021. Previous owner never apply for tnb meter connection. I get my electrical contractor to help with tnb meter application but he informed that he can't apply for me as it's probably still under the developer. I called management, but was told to walk into tnb to fill up application form myself. I checked with developer, but they told me to go there together with previous owner as they have already submitted application under previous owner name(but there's no meter?) I'm so confused. Anyone can advise what to do?
mini orchard
post Oct 14 2022, 09:13 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Oct 14 2022, 08:56 PM)
Attached Image
Hi all, I just bought a subsale unit which obtained VP back in November 2021. Previous owner never apply for tnb meter connection. I get my electrical contractor to help with tnb meter application but he informed that he can't apply for me as it's probably still under the developer. I called management, but was told to walk into tnb to fill up application form myself. I checked with developer, but they told me to go there together with previous owner as they have already submitted application under previous owner name(but there's no meter?) I'm so confused. Anyone can advise what to do?
Normally, the developer will complete the application to tnb on behalf of the first buyer. Meter should be installed on the property upon vp.

Subsequent buyer for a change of ownership can walk-in to tnb with a photocopy of snp and ic. The snp will indicate the previous owner's name. If info are correct, a new account will be opened in the susequent buyer's name.

One can also do it online but preferable over the counter.

There is no requirement for the previous owner to be present during the application.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Oct 14 2022, 09:16 PM
TSAgent 45
post Oct 14 2022, 09:24 PM

Enthusiast
926 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Oct 14 2022, 09:13 PM)
Normally, the developer will complete the application to tnb on behalf of the first buyer. Meter should be installed on the property upon vp.

Subsequent buyer for a change of ownership can walk-in to tnb with a photocopy of snp and ic. The snp will indicate the previous owner's name. If info are correct, a new account will be opened in the susequent buyer's name.

One can also do it online but preferable over the counter.

There is no requirement for the previous owner to be present during the application.
The meter is not yet installed. I thought meter application have to apply through electrical contractor?
mini orchard
post Oct 14 2022, 09:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Oct 14 2022, 09:24 PM)
The meter is not yet installed. I thought meter application have to apply through electrical contractor?
What I said earlier is the normal procedure for subsale. I have done that few rounds and latest was this morning.

Why there is no meter, you go personally to tnb to enquire. Tnb will guide you on what to do.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:50 PM