Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pet Help Dog Leave House and Join Stray Dog Pack

views

TSsiew14
post Oct 4 2022, 09:44 PM, updated 2y ago

Enthusiast
838 posts

As per title, any dog/animal expert can confirm whether this is possible?

So basically outside of my house, there is a pack of stray dogs for very long time. They breed, and breed and people keep feeding them, and they are still around in these days.

So one day, my dog went missing and i couldnt find "her". 6 years later, i found out that suddenly there is this dog look very alike with my dog, but is living with the pack of stray dog.

I would say 95% similiar, the 5% was due to the fur color changed to dark brown, but i guess is due to the dirt.

When the dog looked at me, the dog seems afraid of me, as if afraid of human. So I look at the dog, the dog didnt dare to look at me, look at one side with the body facing me, meanwhile the other strays are quite alert, looking at me whether i will take action, with the purpose of to retreat if there is anything happen.

I try google about this incident, but no information about it.

Now i try to get close with the dog, but the dog will be alert and barking, and also will retreat if i come closer...
SUS2feidei
post Oct 4 2022, 09:47 PM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

you didn't spay your dog? Your dog on heat when join the pack? laugh.gif

6 years, from a domesticate dog become stray dog, doubt can get used to it, and most probably already meet maker liou. What you see many her offspring?
ifourtos
post Oct 4 2022, 10:00 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

Perma Cage, perma tied, feed only no activity dog.

Even Najib want to live freely.

Most Traditional Chinese dog owner are actually Dog Abuser.
Most of them.

most dog pet in malaysia are not mental healthy.
Roadwarrior1337
post Oct 4 2022, 10:07 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

Yes dog will run away if found partner. Just like men or women when find that perfect one

U shud get your neighbourhood to fund spaying cost coz u gonna be out if control

If i an u let it go la its happier with its gang now. Once in a while feed them some good food like chicken part tapau at pasar
stupiak07
post Oct 4 2022, 10:54 PM

Casual
363 posts

yes, thats why some farmer breaks one of the leg of their dog

or

caged one of he female/male dog

did you try to call out its name?

This post has been edited by stupiak07: Oct 4 2022, 10:56 PM
TSsiew14
post Oct 6 2022, 07:01 PM

Enthusiast
838 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Oct 4 2022, 09:47 PM)
you didn't spay your dog? Your dog on heat when join the pack?  laugh.gif

6 years, from a domesticate dog become stray dog, doubt can get used to it, and most probably already meet maker liou. What you see many her offspring?
i did spay my dog... my dog is about 1 or 2 years old when she went missing.

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Oct 4 2022, 10:00 PM)
Perma Cage, perma tied, feed only no activity dog.

Even Najib want to live freely.

Most Traditional Chinese dog owner are actually Dog Abuser.
Most of them.

most dog pet in malaysia are not mental healthy.
My dog didnt live in a cage, my house has huge compound for her to run around. Occasionally i got walk my dog, but not frequent, averaging twice a week, but thats like a 5mins walk lah.

QUOTE(Roadwarrior1337 @ Oct 4 2022, 10:07 PM)
Yes dog will run away if found partner. Just like men or women when find that perfect one
U shud get your neighbourhood to fund spaying cost coz u gonna be out if control

If i an u let it go la its happier with its gang now. Once in a while feed them some good food like chicken part tapau at pasar
Firstly, she was spayed. Secondly, before she went missing, she is still quite attached to me IMO. Like when i come home, she is way over excited that type. Also, i didnt see any sign of separation or dislike about me when she is about to go missing.. Maybe got sign, and i missed it?

everyday, there will be ppl feeding the stray (sometime my mum do it laugh.gif ), so the food wont be that scarce i think.

QUOTE(stupiak07 @ Oct 4 2022, 10:54 PM)
yes, thats why some farmer breaks one of the leg of their dog

or

caged one of he female/male dog

did you try to call out its name?
Break one leg? For real? or you just trolling.

I did yell her name, but somehow, no reaction or perhaps, maybe i overthink cause somehow i feel she doesnt want to look at me, and i when i try go closer, she went abit aggressive mode and try to bark already.

This post has been edited by siew14: Oct 6 2022, 07:03 PM
SUSseraph00
post Oct 7 2022, 11:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,322 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ Oct 6 2022, 07:01 PM)
My dog didnt live in a cage, my house has huge compound for her to run around. Occasionally i got walk my dog, but not frequent, averaging twice a week, but thats like a 5mins walk lah.
Firstly, she was spayed. Secondly, before she went missing, she is still quite attached to me IMO. Like when i come home, she is way over excited that type. Also, i didnt see any sign of separation or dislike about me when she is about to go missing.. Maybe got sign, and i missed it? 

everyday, there will be ppl feeding the stray (sometime my mum do it  laugh.gif  ), so the food wont be that scarce i think.

I did yell her name, but somehow, no reaction or perhaps, maybe i overthink cause somehow i feel she doesnt want to look at me, and i when i try go closer, she went abit aggressive mode and try to bark already.
as i know dogs will remember their owners, big possibility it is not your dog.

you can however keep trying. Feed it sometimes and see if the dog remembers you. Right now it is probably scared of you which is why he wont look at you. Sign of fear.
darksideofthemoon
post Nov 10 2022, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ Oct 6 2022, 07:01 PM)

everyday, there will be ppl feeding the stray (sometime my mum do it  laugh.gif  ), so the food wont be that scarce i think.

Likely not your lost dog. My guess.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.63    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:25 PM