Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Face masks no longer required on AirAsia & MAS

views

TSJustin.Loong
post Sep 30 2022, 09:35 AM, updated 2y ago

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

Malaysian-based airlines such as AirAsia Malaysia, Malaysia Airlines, Firefly and Maswings, have dropped the face mask requirement following a recent announcement by the Ministry of Health (MOH). Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced yesterday that the wearing of face masks is no longer mandatory for flights with immediate effect.
user posted image

According to statements released by AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines, the relaxation of face mask mandates on their aircraft follows the latest guidelines by the MOH. To minimise the risk of infection, both airlines said their current protective measures include the use of High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter and a cabin air circulation system that refreshes the cabin air 20-30 times per hour to ensure the highest possible quality of air throughout the flight.

Guests who wish to wear a face mask on board are still allowed to do so. Malaysia Airlines has also indicated that face masks are required on flights where it is compulsory in destination countries.

Under the latest health protocols, face masks are optional indoors but it is still recommended for high-risk individuals (senior citizens, people with chronic diseases, low immunity and pregnant women) as well as individuals who are having symptoms such as fever, cough and flu. Wearing face masks is also encouraged for individuals travelling with high-risk individuals such as senior citizens and children.

Khairy said that the relaxation of face mask rules is in line with health recommendations in other countries including the European Union, United Kingdom, United States, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. He also added that the face mask mandates on aircraft are also subject to health guidelines set by the destination country. The decision was made taking into consideration technological improvements in aircraft to reduce the risk of infection as well as the current COVID-19 situation in Malaysia which is said to be under control.

Malaysia lifted its indoor face mask mandate on 7th September but it appears that most Malaysians are still wearing them to be on the safe side. Despite being optional, face masks are still required at healthcare facilities, on public transport, and crowded and poorly ventilated areas.

Source: Face masks no longer required on AirAsia and MAS flights except for certain destinations

Source: Air travel and mask-wearing
BoomerangCircles
post Sep 30 2022, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

Finally.
enterthefatdragon
post Sep 30 2022, 09:40 AM

captain cool
1,172 posts

moving to endemic slowly give back confidents to everyone to back to normal life
MakNok
post Sep 30 2022, 10:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,673 posts

Yes yes....no Mask...
No mask
TSJustin.Loong
post Sep 30 2022, 06:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(BoomerangCircles @ Sep 30 2022, 09:38 AM)
Finally.
QUOTE(MakNok @ Sep 30 2022, 10:16 AM)
Yes yes....no Mask...
No mask
Just be careful guys... 1 colleague wented to Japan recently for training / meeting kena. puke.gif
1 acquaintance wented to Turkey, come back also kena. puke.gif
They said they suspected from the flight. I'm not sure if they kena at the respective countries or on the flight. hmm.gif
MakNok
post Sep 30 2022, 06:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,673 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Sep 30 2022, 06:06 PM)
Just be careful guys... 1 colleague wented to Japan recently for training / meeting kena.  puke.gif
1 acquaintance wented to Turkey, come back also kena.  puke.gif
They said they suspected from the flight. I'm not sure if they kena at the respective countries or on the flight.  hmm.gif
Hiyaaa...
It only ImpotentCon.
Mild sympton nia
Treat it like annual flu.

nexona88
post Sep 30 2022, 06:12 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,826 posts

yes.
No more mask requirements rclxm9.gif

also
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
devil.gif brows.gif
hihihehe
post Sep 30 2022, 06:38 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,450 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Sep 30 2022, 06:06 PM)
Just be careful guys... 1 colleague wented to Japan recently for training / meeting kena.  puke.gif
1 acquaintance wented to Turkey, come back also kena.  puke.gif
They said they suspected from the flight. I'm not sure if they kena at the respective countries or on the flight.  hmm.gif
i kena before in july and came back from europe few days ago. maskless for 1 week +
many around me kena except me. some even tested positive next to me and just casual bye bye laugh.gif
ericcheng2021
post Oct 2 2022, 12:55 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

COVID affected the brain become stupid. Those smart one still continue to wear.
MakNok
post Oct 2 2022, 06:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,673 posts

QUOTE(ericcheng2021 @ Oct 2 2022, 12:55 AM)
Nice....it meant almost all tourist visiting are the dumb one.
Yea.....suddenly Malaysian wearing smarter than them.
But then i pity our schoolchildren....no mask necessary meant our future generation will become dumber.
MakNok
post Oct 2 2022, 06:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,673 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Sep 30 2022, 06:38 PM)
i kena before in july and came back from europe few days ago. maskless for 1 week +
many around me kena except me. some even tested positive next to me and just casual bye bye  laugh.gif
You my Hero.....it show that your immune system upgraded liao.

billylks
post Oct 2 2022, 06:43 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(MakNok @ Sep 30 2022, 06:09 PM)
Hiyaaa...
It only ImpotentCon.
Mild sympton nia
Treat it like annual flu.
Don't think you are allowed to board the flight home if you are infected. Imagine the extra hotel cost and new flight ticket.
Lim Wee Huat
post Oct 2 2022, 06:48 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

Masking is BAD for the airline and tourism industries.. Especially during year end peak HOLIDAY seasons. We wouldn't wanna to MISS another year of that economic goodness, would we?
fu'house
post Oct 2 2022, 08:05 AM

On my way
540 posts

Board plane go anywhere also need to check for COVID first, very susah wear mask full on flight.

If you mild and positive, good job spreading it to everyone on board.
faizalfaizal
post Oct 2 2022, 09:36 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

If passengers want to mask up then it is also good as it protects the non maskers as well. Win win situation for maskers and non maskers.
MakNok
post Oct 2 2022, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,673 posts

QUOTE(billylks @ Oct 2 2022, 06:43 AM)
Don't think you are allowed to board the flight home if you are infected. Imagine the extra hotel cost and new flight ticket.
As long no tell....can fly back as per normal lo.
Fanvil1534
post Oct 2 2022, 06:08 PM

Enthusiast
807 posts

QUOTE(ericcheng2021 @ Oct 2 2022, 12:55 AM)
I see. wearing mask or not equates to smart or stupid. Great statement. thumbsup.gif
bcombat
post Oct 3 2022, 02:29 AM

Enthusiast
985 posts

visiting overseas….if kena covid May need to quarantine at that country….incurred unnecessary additional expenses due to extra days of staying.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:16 PM