Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ps5 or switch game cheaper?

views

TSMasterConfucion
post Sep 19 2022, 08:28 AM, updated 2y ago

Enthusiast
909 posts

I'm dilemma between buy ps5 or switch. I think the game price can be deciding factor. Which game generally cheaper?
liquidsny
post Sep 19 2022, 08:41 AM

On my way
589 posts

If wan modded go for switch
TSMasterConfucion
post Sep 19 2022, 09:10 AM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(liquidsny @ Sep 19 2022, 08:41 AM)
If wan modded go for switch
What is modded? Like most the console? I think I prefer play as original console don't need fancy mod 😄
chtan
post Sep 19 2022, 09:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,283 posts

They are almost on par with each others lar with Nintendo one some time even more expensive than PS5. LOL.
I have 2 Switch and Xbox-X but a bit reluctant to get the PS5 partly due to stock availability and partly due to most of PS5 games are quite generic or also available in Steam/Epic or even on XGP.

This post has been edited by chtan: Sep 19 2022, 09:17 AM
TSMasterConfucion
post Sep 19 2022, 09:23 AM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(chtan @ Sep 19 2022, 09:16 AM)
They are almost on par with each others lar with Nintendo one some time even more expensive than PS5. LOL.
I have 2 Switch and Xbox-X but a bit reluctant to get the PS5 partly due to stock availability and partly due to most of PS5 games are quite generic or also available in Steam/Epic or even on XGP.
So can I say that games that are available on ps5 also will be available on switch other than the console exclusive?

I think nintendo have more exclusive than ps5
chtan
post Sep 19 2022, 10:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,283 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Sep 19 2022, 09:23 AM)
So can I say that games that are available on ps5 also will be available on switch other than the console exclusive?

I think nintendo have more exclusive than ps5
Nope. Only certain game from PS5 will be available to Switch only and they are normally on lower fps and with downgraded graphics. Like the current SD Gundam Alliance. PS5 one is better than the Switch version.
And yes, Nintendo has more exclusive than PS5. If you love Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Luigi than Switch is better investment. Also, if you prefer mobility and conveniency without the need to tether to your TV than Switch it is. I still playing Diablo II Resurrected now, grinding on the go is so much fun comparing to console. I do have it on my Xbox-X as well but I mainly game on Switch with this game. I will be munching off the SD Gundam later on due to the grinding nature of the game as well. LOL.
But if you prefer the tiresome generic FPS or better graphics, you might wanna to move away from Switch.
KHOdin
post Sep 19 2022, 10:28 AM

7 Stars Newbie
2,927 posts

if you are buying game on release day 1 Switch's games are cheaper;
if you are willing to wait a few months/buy used PS5 games price drop faster than Switch

anyway can look for which exclusive is more attracted to you to be the deciding factor. there is no point getting cheap games that you do not enjoy
with that being said PS's exclusive is no longer "true exclusive" lots of PS4 games are going to drop on PC platform, unlike Switch which currently you only can play it on Switch unless you counting in emulators.

also Switch games are better if you want to play them on release day(Kirby which release on March does not have any patches until today- because they dont need to), most games release on day 1 are usually full of bugs, IMHO is better to wait for them to iron it out before playing them
TSMasterConfucion
post Sep 19 2022, 11:37 AM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(chtan @ Sep 19 2022, 10:14 AM)
Nope. Only certain game from PS5 will be available to Switch only and they are normally on lower fps and with downgraded graphics. Like the current SD Gundam Alliance. PS5 one is better than the Switch version.
And yes, Nintendo has more exclusive than PS5. If you love Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Luigi than Switch is better investment. Also, if you prefer mobility and conveniency without the need to tether to your TV than Switch it is. I still playing Diablo II Resurrected now, grinding on the go is so much fun comparing to console. I do have it on my Xbox-X as well but I mainly game on Switch with this game. I will be munching off the SD Gundam later on due to the grinding nature of the game as well. LOL.
But if you prefer the tiresome generic FPS or better graphics, you might wanna to move away from Switch.
QUOTE(KHOdin @ Sep 19 2022, 10:28 AM)
if you are buying game on release day 1 Switch's games are cheaper;
if you are willing to wait a few months/buy used PS5 games price drop faster than Switch

anyway can look for which exclusive is more attracted to you to be the deciding factor. there is no point getting cheap games that you do not enjoy
with that being said PS's exclusive is no longer "true exclusive" lots of PS4 games are going to drop on PC platform, unlike Switch which currently you only can play it on Switch unless you counting in emulators.

also Switch games are better if you want to play them on release day(Kirby which release on March does not have any patches until today- because they dont need to), most games release on day 1 are usually full of bugs, IMHO is better to wait for them to iron it out before playing them
So on the other hand can I say non exclusive games that can be found on switch is usually available in ps5?

Switch exclusive games are usually family and 2-4 player games right?
chtan
post Sep 19 2022, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,283 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Sep 19 2022, 11:37 AM)
So on the other hand can I say non exclusive games that can be found on switch is usually available in ps5?

Switch exclusive games are usually family and 2-4 player games right?
Yup. Most non-exclusive games are available on other platform as well. And launch day title not necessary Switch is cheaper. Take SD Gundam for example, they cost a lot more on Switch due to Nintendo "tax", LOL.

And also it is true that PS game depreciate rather quickly.
Most Nintendo party or exercise (sport and fitness) games are 2~4 player game but there are also a lot of single player title such as Luigi's Mansion, Zelda series, Super Mario are meant for single player.

You want fun and enjoyable game while lasting longer, Nintendo then. If you prefer hi fidelity graphics then PS5 or other more serious platform.
dynamoxavier P
post Jan 28 2023, 01:07 AM

Probation
1 posts

Nintendo First party games are tend to be played with multiple people and geared towards all ages

Same goes for Xbox/Ps but usually their first party games are M17+

Either one is fine, but it depends on what kind of games that you are have genuine interest in.
iZuDeeN
post May 17 2023, 11:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

i personally have Xbox, ps and swith & PC..

if you casual gamer, you likely better off with a switch

most of the time i am personally on PC..
kitman
post May 17 2023, 01:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,670 posts

if you are not too picky on games psn+ gives you 2-3 games foc every month for as long as you subscribe. so you dont need to spend much; 24-36 games per yr but the games are ofcos not new releases and its a mix with big and small titles.

i am also thinking of getting a switch though haha

This post has been edited by kitman: May 17 2023, 01:41 PM
GrandElf
post May 18 2023, 11:24 AM

HyunA
1,146 posts

I just bought a switch & currently surveying the game.....the game price is really quite expensive compare to PS....even old game also the price maintain at >RM100 while PS game can drop to <RM100 in a very quick period....

And also unlike PS which have PSN plus in which you pay monthly subscription & you'll get around 2 to 3 free game every month which nintendo didn't have....even their eshop didn't available if you select MY country.....which is quite troublesome for me....

So need to buy many hardcopy & bring the game card around....like last time with PSP....ahahaha
munchoong
post May 26 2023, 09:11 AM

Casual
397 posts

Switch only if you're a Nintendo fan or portability is a considering factor.

PS5 is clearly the superior hardware and it has its own batch of exclusives (although more and more of them are ported to PC these days).

If you're just gaming at home with a 4K TV + home theater, PS5 is the clear choice.

Or just buy both la, what does it matter? smile.gif

This post has been edited by munchoong: May 26 2023, 09:12 AM
jmtstan
post Mar 7 2024, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

if u want to get nintendo device, wait till they announce next gen switch. current switch is almost near 10 year old liao. besides, those AAA switch game rarely discount. got also those bloatwares.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:33 AM