Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Will kena lockup affect finding new job?

views

mezanny
post Sep 22 2022, 07:29 PM

Enthusiast
709 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Sep 17 2022, 12:11 PM)
Only if you have been formally charged as a criminal and there is a record of it. Most MNCs and financial services companies are unable to hire you if you have a criminal record.

If you have been just remanded, for investigations or having your statement taken, then you are fine as this is just a process.
i notice for some china man companies here, they make u sign up an exclusion to the PDA contract that allow them to hire private investigators to track all aspects of ur background.

wonder will this affect or not.
mezanny
post Sep 23 2022, 09:17 AM

Enthusiast
709 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Sep 22 2022, 10:04 PM)
If they take the effort to do that, it will probably affect your ability to get the job.
Those background check companies are not cheap.
they r doing that for key positions only.

Its happening.

mezanny
post Sep 23 2022, 12:11 PM

Enthusiast
709 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Sep 23 2022, 10:37 AM)
Of course I know that many companies are doing. Heck, for one of my jobs I had to go all the way to Putrajaya to get my Certificate of Good Conduct from the Foreign Ministry Department. At the same time in the past, I constantly work with HR for my hires as well on their background checks. Not only for criminal record, but credit check, bankruptcy, affilliation to political parties/royalties/shady organisations, and more.
kind of feel like intrusion of privacy.

they can literally do all the check they want about u after u sign off to it.
mezanny
post Sep 23 2022, 10:52 PM

Enthusiast
709 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Sep 23 2022, 04:53 PM)
For banks, it is mandated by Bank Negara so if you feel that your privacy is intruded on, feel free to not accept the job
if to check credit rating that's fine by me.

but some checks are not only before you join the company, but they will keep doing checks on u even after u joined the co.

also they will check if you had legal cases, how many car accidents u had (is that really relevant ?), how many properties you have.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:53 PM