Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

234 Pages « < 165 166 167 168 169 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Automatic Gate, How much do you need to install one ?

views

Howtologin
post Nov 24 2018, 10:29 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Nov 7 2018, 12:23 PM)
BTW, anybody interested in buying my old autogate? It is stainless steel and is in good condition. Autogate arm is also in good condition using Rienzo brand. Please PM me if you are interested.
I'm interested.
Pm details if still available.
Thanks

bouncy
post Nov 25 2018, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

Hi All,

I'm planning to upgrade my manual gate to be an auto-gate, using my existing gate. However, I would need the left side of the gate to swing outwards and the right side of the gate to swing inwards. Can this be done?

Thanks!
abubin
post Nov 26 2018, 10:07 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

There is this company that does mild steel autogate system. How is mild steel compared to aluminum and stainless steel? Isn't there anyone who does stainless steel anymore? Like all the contractor that I approach only does aluminum and mild steel and do not really recommend stainless steel unless I ask for it.

I do prefer stainless steel. Just wondering why.
Kiding
post Nov 26 2018, 11:15 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(bouncy @ Nov 25 2018, 11:48 PM)
Hi All,

I'm planning to upgrade my manual gate to be an auto-gate, using my existing gate. However, I would need the left side of the gate to swing outwards and the right side of the gate to swing inwards. Can this be done?

Thanks!
it should not be a problem if the right side autogate actuator can be installed on the outside of the gate.
dblcss
post Nov 26 2018, 06:08 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(bouncy @ Nov 26 2018, 12:48 AM)
Hi All,

Thanks!
yes u can hv one open in and the other open out. But the open in motor will be install out side and ppl can unscrew the arm holder on the gate easily. So mean no safety at all. Even if u add a solenoid lock ppl can still just steal the out side arm. So advisable install inside is better. Unless u dun mind then is OK.

Welcome to contact us at 0122019294 for more info.
dblcss
post Nov 26 2018, 06:10 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Nov 26 2018, 11:07 AM)
There is this company that does mild steel autogate system. How is mild steel compared to aluminum and stainless steel? Isn't there anyone who does stainless steel anymore? Like all the contractor that I approach only does aluminum and mild steel and do not really recommend stainless steel unless I ask for it.

Mild steel if not galvanize and powder coat properly will still rust. Aluminium and stainless steel guarantee won't rust.
dblcss
post Nov 26 2018, 06:10 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Nov 26 2018, 11:07 AM)

Mild steel if not galvanize and powder coat properly will still rust. Aluminium and stainless steel guarantee won't rust.
abubin
post Nov 27 2018, 11:59 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

The one I got coated is mild steel with galvanize and powder coated. Comes with 10 years warranty. Just that I still prefer stainless steel as I like the shining chrome surface you see on stainless steel...LOL. I am old school I guess.

I am just trying to understand why the less demand in stainless steel nowadays. Is it due to people not liking it or material price issue or other reasons that I am not aware of?

dblcss
post Nov 27 2018, 12:47 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Nov 27 2018, 12:59 PM)
The one I got coated is mild steel with galvanize and powder coated. Comes with 10 years warranty. Just that I still prefer stainless steel as I like the shining chrome surface you see on stainless steel...LOL. I am old school I guess.

I am just trying to understand why the less demand in stainless steel nowadays. Is it due to people not liking it or material price issue or other reasons that I am not aware of?
There are still a lot of stainless steel gate are there. Basically depend on what type of thickness, quality workmanship and most important price now days range from RM430-M490/= perft run not include installation and rail track. There will be cheaper one with thinner thickness and mixer material.

When ppl provide 5-10 years warranty, Hmmmmm will they be still be there after or within that 10 years? Even big company close down after some time. Most important is trusted company and being in the market for very long time already. But for gate I guess the material is more important then warranty. Once install properly there will be no problem unless rust if go for metal which some part they accidentally miss out the galvanize and powder coat normally corner or joint area. Folding is ware and tear part need to be replace after sometime wheel, bearing joint and hinge.

For trackless now day mostly full aluminium only because lighter and gate won't drop so easily after sometime. Best part is it won't rust.
zeese
post Dec 5 2018, 09:23 AM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(merci @ Nov 24 2018, 03:13 PM)
Hello sifus,

I've problem with installing new gate.

My problem:

At the moment, I'm using autogate with iron gate material.
2 months ago I went to the home expo and like the design of the aluminium gate so i booked the aluminium gate.

Today, the contractor came to install it but the problem is:
The contractor said that he cannot dismantle the wiring, he only know to install gate only and aluminium cannot be soldered.

So I called a few autogate contractors and they said they cannot solder the old arm (iron metal) to aluminium as also said by the contractor. My old contractor that installed my autogate also said that why I bought aluminium material ? He said that I should buy stainless steel material. He also said that autogate never use aluminium material. But I don't believe him because I saw a lot of aluminium autogate sold.

I called back the contractor that I bought the gate and he said - yes, aluminium gate cannot use auto and he suggest to go manual.

I argued with him that  earlier before buying the aluminium gate : he already assured me that it can be connected to the old system and he also had come to my house to measure. But he said no and no.

So can dear sifus:
Can uoll help me? I don't want to go manual.I guess there should be a way to solder the old arm to the new aluminium gate.
Do you know any autogate contractor that can do the connection?
I don't want to buy a new system because my existing system is working fine.

I really appreciate sifus ideas and help. Thank you
-what about using a screw hole + long bolt and nuts?
-another solution i can think of is, make a steel bracket that will clam the bottom part of your gate..
something like this, but you customized it specifically for your gate..
user posted image

merci
post Dec 6 2018, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ Dec 5 2018, 09:23 AM)
-what about using a screw hole + long bolt and nuts?
-another solution i can think of is, make a steel bracket that will clam the bottom part of your gate..
something like this, but you customized it specifically for your gate..
user posted image
Hi, Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, the contractor used bolt and nuts to screw to the door.
coyouth
post Jan 14 2019, 05:26 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(dblcss @ Jun 27 2016, 09:20 PM)
When U hear 3 beep everytime open or close half way mean u r running on backup battery. So check ur main DB c got trip or not. If no trip then check ur autogate control box to see ur transformer burn or not.
how about 6 clicks after the autogate is opened/closed. running on dcmoto brand.
dblcss
post Jan 15 2019, 09:38 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(coyouth @ Jan 14 2019, 06:26 PM)
how about 6 clicks after the autogate is opened/closed. running on dcmoto brand.
Hello there. Normally is 7 beep indicate the board reset when something is wrong like motor one side or both side not functioning or light relay short circuit.
If it happen too often then hv to get it chk or it might effect ur board or motor.

WIS9000
post Jan 21 2019, 12:31 PM

On my way
523 posts

hi all,

appreciate some help / advice on the following:
i am finally had the chance to install in the generic L-5000i swing gate control board.

Followed all the connections from my previous controller and both motors are confirmed to be still working well. However, i just could not get the motor 1 side to move whenever i pressed the 2Door button. The input to 1Door works well and is able to control the open and closing of the Left door.

I am guessing that the 2Door point is supposed to only control the right door, but so far it does not work no matter how i swap the motor wire / exchange the other motor over.

user posted image

What am i missing here? Anyone had experience with this model? I haven't had the chance to try the 1&2 Side Switch connection as i just noticed it needs 2 diode.

tzuen
post Jan 22 2019, 09:12 AM

Casual
426 posts

Good morning folks, can I have some recommendations for any brands and installer as well, location will be in Shah Alam.

Basic criteria should have auto lock, for security reasons and the gate won't wobble once it's close.

Port and switches are ready. No hacking required.

Thank You!
dblcss
post Jan 22 2019, 05:01 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(WIS9000 @ Jan 21 2019, 01:31 PM)
hi all,

appreciate some help / advice on the following:
i am finally had the chance to install in the generic L-5000i swing gate control board.

Followed all the connections from my previous controller and both motors are confirmed to be still working well. However, i just could not get the motor 1 side to move whenever i pressed the 2Door button. The input to 1Door works well and is able to control the open and closing of the Left door.

I am guessing that the 2Door point is supposed to only control the right door, but so far it does not work no matter how i swap the motor wire / exchange the other motor over.

user posted image

What am i missing here? Anyone had experience with this model? I haven't had the chance to try the 1&2 Side Switch connection as i just noticed it needs 2 diode.
Try testing wire from autogate junction box to motor working or not by just connecting to the backup battery. If wire still working properly then connect to main board and use s short wire to tap on comment and 2 side connect area. See both motor joint area led light got on or not. if got on then board shld be ok or to confirm use multi-meter to test output voltage 12v. If led light just on and off immediately for one side maybe motor is warring off already. Hv to get it service or repair or replace. Sometime u can try turn the pressure higher on the motor which is not moving temporary but cannot use long term solution because this will burn out ur board.

Anyway happy trouble shooting.

WIS9000
post Jan 22 2019, 07:20 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(dblcss @ Jan 22 2019, 05:01 PM)
Try testing wire from autogate junction box to motor working or not by just connecting to the backup battery. If wire still working properly then connect to main board and use s short wire to tap on comment and 2 side connect area. See both motor joint area led light got on or not. if got on then board shld be ok or to confirm use multi-meter to test output voltage 12v. If led light just on and off immediately for one side maybe motor is warring off already. Hv to get it service or repair or replace. Sometime u can try turn the pressure higher on the motor which is not moving temporary but cannot use long term solution because this will burn out ur board.

Anyway happy trouble shooting.
Thanks for the reply!

I can confirmed that left and right motors are working fine. The way i tested was i connect one at a time the L and R motor to the only working 1Side Switch terminal the board can open / close either motors.

But when i connect either motors to the Motor1 terminals, then both motors does not work.
When using multi-meter, it will have a short interval of 12V then goes back to 0V. That's why i am not sure if this is the correct behaviour of this particular model.

BTW, i am running all this using only the back up battery.

By "warring off" do you mean the motor winding are to be replaced? Any good shop to recommend for rewinding DC motors in KL / Selangor area?

This post has been edited by WIS9000: Jan 22 2019, 07:21 PM
dblcss
post Jan 22 2019, 11:01 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(WIS9000 @ Jan 22 2019, 08:20 PM)
Thanks for the reply!

I can confirmed that left and right motors are working fine. The way i tested was i connect one at a time the L and R motor to the only working 1Side Switch terminal the board can open / close either motors.

But when i connect either motors to the Motor1 terminals, then both motors does not work.
When using multi-meter, it will have a short interval of 12V then goes back to 0V. That's why i am not sure if this is the correct behaviour of this particular model.

BTW, i am running all this using only the back up battery.

By "warring off" do you mean the motor winding are to be replaced? Any good shop to recommend for rewinding DC motors in KL / Selangor area?
Normally confirm motor problem just buy a new motor and replace it. Rewind will not be cheap and will take sometime. U are using under grd motor system right? U try both side connect to the board one side working and the other can't work then it's mostly the board problem. Sent it back to where u bought it to get it tested. Saving money is not easy.

I guess by the time u finish testing and trouble shoot u almost like getting a whole new set, cost even more and no warranty for the parts. Anyway if u hv the time to spend then it's something interesting and very straight forward compare to car. There is a few step to follow to find out which part got problem.
1. Connect motor to direct backup battery 12v 7ah to make sure motor is OK
2. Then test motor wire from autogate junction box OK or not with multi meter. If no multi meter just just remove wire from board terminal joint and connect to backup battery see motor work for both side.
3. Remove motor wire from board and press remote for both door open switch then use multi meter to test both terminal got 12v or not. Normally both green (open) or red (close) led will light up when u press remote for both side. Normally it will cut of by it self after a while if no respond from motor. Like urs immediate one side cut off shld be something wrong with the board relay or controller chip.

Anyway happy testing.

0806A68032
post Jan 24 2019, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

Hi everyone, i'm upgrading my factory autogate. Is there a reliable/best industrial sliding autogate recommended?

I saw the following online so far:
1. Saxco
2. Jackpro
3. Magnet
4. FAAC
5. myAMPM
6. EE Automation
7. DCMoto
White Tiger
post Jan 30 2019, 02:04 AM

2 posts

Hi everyone, learned friends smile.gif

Im planning to install an automated gate, but i have no knowledge on whats a good reliable brand.

Im intending to install a swing gate.

Appreciate if you guys can help recommend a good reliable brand to me.

Thank you.

234 Pages « < 165 166 167 168 169 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:54 PM