Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester United Street Talks

views

Purpleheaven
post Aug 14 2022, 11:38 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Aug 14 2022, 10:48 AM)

In closing, sorry to sound harsh about this, if you are one of those going in on Ten Hag not playing our academy youngsters you need to realize this isn't a video game. Sir Alex did it and it because football history because it was something so improbable in the 90s which was a different era. Even more so now in the 21st century. And if youre saying sack ETH, you need to explain who you are bringing in that is going to change things for the better.
You also need to realise not all asking for youth are based on playing a video game. Point it, manager should be able to recognise and play the best team available to him. IF there is no player that can be more useful than mctominay, then the whole academy is pretty shit. Not only should we see the player's experience and ability, but how adept he is at the requested style. Mctom is 100% not suitable, so are you saying noone else can be moulded better to eth style? If so, then yea, eth not to blame. Because cannot be eth is such a weakass manager who plays player like mctom JUST because of his status in the club right? Right?? But then again, maguire is still captain and NOTHING eth does shows that he is the strong hard handed type of manager that the club NEEDS. So, my initial point, I would believe eth is playing it safe not to offend the higher ups or the more senior players rather than doing everything he can to progress.

He still has to be given time, but at current point, he looks very unambitious and if this is what the club is looking for, then no point changing manager. In fact, should have just kept OGS.

RR had a good attitude that the club needs, but maybe not enough tactical ability. But instead, he was removed and now got an ETH that so far looks like the epitome of the board. Targets high profile expensive players that cannot get then blame it on the transfer activity.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 14 2022, 11:59 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(tzxsean @ Aug 14 2022, 11:43 AM)
i think at the same time oso fans need to manage expectations on signings

we're not the previous man utd who can attract world class talents right away (even Haaland and Bellingham also opted for Borussia when we want to sign them)

Stop living in the past and look for hidden gems or future talent that we can rely on for years .. at the same time accept some stop gaps signings while we rebuild for the core future players ... other than that is just daydreaming jer (don't be beggar cant be chooser and overpay)

every mistake/misstep will drag man utd to even lower tier
That's one of the issues i see with eth or the scouting team. Go for de jong nvm, but when cant get him, why no other options. Scouting team has produced zero realistic options? Or eth just dismissing all of them and only wants shiny expensive toys?
Purpleheaven
post Aug 15 2022, 01:33 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Aug 15 2022, 01:29 PM)
If this is true, then memang fight top4 aje. Or worse. Possible we win fa cup, league Cup but get relegated? Like that can get trophy + get rid of glazers.
If this is true, then the board screwed up again. It will be just like their decision to give perm job to OGS.

It means they just see the manager get good results, then sign. No need interview, no need discuss and see what the manager vision is, and how suitable he is.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 15 2022, 02:14 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(skystrike @ Aug 15 2022, 01:46 PM)
so if ten hag got sacked who is next? poch? based on his handling of psg i doubt he gonna stay long with this bunch of players....even SAF, pep, klopp, ancelotti also can't do shit..
I think cant already. Players currently in the club is treating the club as either a stepping stone to a bigger club, or just for the salary.

To me, the clubs needs a decent DM. The manager should be able to make some player play out of their comfort zone, out of their preferred position. But they will have to forgo their desire and preference for the sake of the club. See the whole squad, i dont think any of them are willing. They arent even willing to change their style which might restrict their selling point. They just want to play how they think they play best and hope a bigger club pick up on their strengths and buy them.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 15 2022, 02:33 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Aug 15 2022, 02:18 PM)
stepping stone? feels an english retirement home is a better description. non of these players, if walk out of the club, other clubs will be interested.

those rash, awb interest by barcelona and psg just to ruffled ur feathers only la. they cant even make it to these clubs substitute.
I mean, yala, retirement home for the money. But some players are still young, dont make sense they wanna just slack and live off their remaining contract.

Imo, u see awb play, a coach should be teaching him positioning, or using his speed to push players away from goal, slow them down so other players can catch up and help defend. But no, he always want to run up and try to participate in attack,but when fail and caught out of position, he wont sprint back. Why? I dunno, but maybe he feels like he wont shine if he just run and distract the attacker while his teammate come and help him. He'd prefer a decisive 1v1 where he can show his tackling skills.

Then u can see rashford. Possession style ten hag football means he have to continually move about, making available pass routes and he must also make short passes to teammates to cycle possession. But just like that, hard to shine, so he wants to show his speed, show his dribbling. He scared later people call him backwards or sideway passing merchant maybe. So, he keep trying to dribble, to showcase his speed and flair.

Barca interest might not be genuine, but they would feel like they rather try to be the main man of the team and get more clubs interested, rather than do the grunt work for the betterment of the team as a whole

This post has been edited by Purpleheaven: Aug 15 2022, 02:35 PM
Purpleheaven
post Aug 15 2022, 03:04 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Aug 15 2022, 02:39 PM)
they are getting paid higher than peers of similar age in the league. except mctom. easy money
But they still have to have some ambition because at the rate of their performance, the club aint gonna renew, so they'd hope someone comes in to get them so they can continue their career. Unless they think man utd will keep giving them luxurious contracts for shit performances, which is actually possible.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 15 2022, 03:07 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Aug 15 2022, 03:05 PM)
got precedent already. so why not. if this company i working for got this culture, i will stay there till i retire.
Hahahah, means they also think the club will be this stupid until they retire ah? I dont blame them. To be honest, trophies and accolades are overrated. To me, all this achievements are so you can step up and play for a bigger club to challenge bigger trophies for one ultimate aim, to earn the money a world superstar should earn. But if you can earn this much without going through all that, easy choice.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2022 - 09:10 AM