Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

decent household income in Klang Valley?

views

abelyap
post Aug 13 2022, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(KennyKB @ Aug 13 2022, 02:08 PM)
I brought up a family with 2 kids over the past 40 years in KV. My salary when I first started working was RM2000 and reached RM10,000 when I retired 5 years ago. Along the way I bought a house, two cars (changed many times) and put them through private tertiary education. We went for outings every weekend when they were young and many overseas holidays. My kids had piano classes, swimming classes, archery lessons and the inevitable tuition classes. We were never short of money. When I retired I have a bunch of savings and my EPF which I do not see being finished in my lifetime.

Of course you may say inflation but I was starting from a low base while we are talking about having 10K disposable income now.

However, this is just my experience. I only gave my parents pocket money because they had their own savings and that was all they wanted. If you have to give your parents a crazy amount every month then you will have a different experience. But the point is 10K in KV is still comfortable now if you don't have extraordinary expenses.
Curious to know how u got the 10k disposable monthly income when ur last salary is 10k

EPF?

Mr Mercedes
post Aug 13 2022, 04:10 PM

Casual
392 posts

A 450k condo is roughly RM1.5K per month in installments
A myvi is RM 500 per month.
Food, entertainment and etc RM1k a month
Utilities + Internet = RM500

Plausible what.
KennyKB
post Aug 13 2022, 04:49 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(abelyap @ Aug 13 2022, 03:56 PM)
Curious to know how u got the 10k disposable monthly income when ur last salary is 10k

EPF?
Read my statement again: "Of course you may say inflation but I was starting from a low base while we are talking about having 10K disposable income now. "

The 10K disposable income is referring to the discussion now. My last salary was 10K gross and I didn't mean from the above statement that I had 10K disposable income.

This post has been edited by KennyKB: Aug 13 2022, 05:17 PM
Avenger_2012
post Aug 13 2022, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(afro111 @ Aug 13 2022, 02:22 PM)
My fav app, btw that income is gross or nett?
Have to be nett.
holypredator
post Aug 13 2022, 07:15 PM

Ketard Gang
1,646 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 13 2022, 03:23 PM)
10k NETT is 13-15k GROSS.
That's a big difference

I pull 8k GROSS the take home only 6.5k leh after EPF
Don't have kids but also include parents food bills
Minus loans, groceries, subscriptions, maintenance, transport and M&E for the vehicle (TOLL AND PARKING IN CBD) there's nothing left
Not to mention every few years also need phone maintenance (battery) or new phone when it died (even android also expensive)
Plus wardrobe additions
General repairs to the house, aircon service, appliance failure those kind of misc also not cheap which is why I DIY most of the things when I was still in KL
LOL did u get the wrong impression?
Its still me  laugh.gif nothing to DIY here when I rent room.
Decently not defined as roti kosong eat out leh.
NETT yes
Gross its nothing much - consider inflation rate. Even a decent mcd meal also 17 bucks and 11 burger only.
Agreed. Movie at cinema is luxury item now RM60 for 2 pax.  ranting.gif

I'll include classpass subscription for self. Work long hours also need some yoga class to stretch out and to meet stretch buddies.

For kids lessons and tuitions also beratus-ratus if not beribu-ribu nowadays
Even that also need to add in things like sports/hobby equipment and lesson fees or entry fees (even for cheaper activities like ice skating).. or if they have other things wanna try like longboarding oh (the longboard also cost quite a bit even preloved..)
Even laundry detergent also getting shrinkflation 5L 4.8 4.4 4.2 next 4.0L bottle but price remain same.
Coke bottle also 1.5 to 1.25 laugh.gif
Ringgit is very very small these days.... a RM500k home will require RM2.3k+ monthly payment... this excludes sinking fund and maintenance... which could easily cost another RM300++ depending on the type of service apartment you bought...

RM500k is by no means luxury nor is it comfortable because if you are talking about upper middle service apartment... a studio 600+ sqf already cost RM600k..... middle level service apartment could get you 800sqf at RM500k.... whereas you can most likely get a 1000sqf low end apartment or rumawhip at RM500k...

most people are working to survive only...

Aqidah
post Aug 13 2022, 08:48 PM

No Gender
730 posts

QUOTE(kellyisevil @ Aug 13 2022, 01:23 PM)
yea lo!
comfortable means there are financial capacity to send children to enrichment activities like swimming class, hobbies etc.

once you leave the house , it is all $$$$$.
Well thank you blush.gif

Yes becoz for 10k i would still need to scour for some changes if i wanna provide 'entertainment' for my kids.

insan_kamil
post Aug 13 2022, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

I'm from KL but now based somewhere else.

This place is mostly bullshit with the incomes. It's like everyone is earning T20 income level.

10k is more than enough.

So many bullshit and exaggerations especially related to money.

Guys I know saving face is a big part of your dynamics but this is the net, nobody cares and knows who you are.

You people make it out like KL is super expensive to live in. It's not.

I spent my whole life in KL except for a few years in the states and now into year 4 in another negeri.

I went to a school right smack in KL and it is not expensive.

Are you people even from KL or you write shit just to feel good about yourselves?

Again, KL is not expensive. 10k is more than enough. Again, live with what you need and not with what you want and you can earn 2000 and still be rich

insan_kamil
post Aug 13 2022, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

This place is mostly bullshit with the incomes. It's like everyone is earning T20 income level.

10k is more than enough.

Guys I know saving face is a big part of your dynamics but this is the net, nobody cares and knows who you are.

I spent my whole life in KL except for a few years in the states and now into year 4 in another negeri.

Are you people even from KL or you write shit just to feel good about yourselves?

Again, KL is not expensive. 10k is more than enough. Again, live with what you need and not with what you want and you can earn 2000 and still be rich

SUSCoolStoryWriter
post Aug 13 2022, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
241 posts

QUOTE(insan_kamil @ Aug 13 2022, 08:53 PM)

10k is more than enough.

haha thanks man... i thought so too. I think 80% of household with children dont even earn 10k in KL
insan_kamil
post Aug 13 2022, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(CoolStoryWriter @ Aug 13 2022, 08:54 PM)
haha thanks man... i thought so too. I think 80% of household with children dont even earn 10k in KL
I read that you used to work in SG but came back.

Good on you man if true. Liked your reasons for coming back.

Anyways, good luck with your journey.

If I may add, you might want to have at least 2 kids. It will change the dynamics of the family unit.

Take care bang
rtk74
post Aug 13 2022, 09:04 PM

;"K]6pKBg;1]U)uSs!eF
1,066 posts

Just need to depend on your priorities.
The basic ones are;

Are branded consumeables important to you, especially with a kid

inb4 using cloth diapers liek when I was baby
SUSCoolStoryWriter
post Aug 13 2022, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
241 posts

QUOTE(insan_kamil @ Aug 13 2022, 09:02 PM)
I read that you used to work in SG but came back.

Good on you man if true. Liked your reasons for coming back.

Anyways, good luck with your journey.

If I may add, you might want to have at least 2 kids. It will change the dynamics of the family unit.

Take care bang
true2...

max 2 kids. 1 boy 1 girl if god bless.
cms
post Aug 13 2022, 09:10 PM

Casual
467 posts

I would guess so too, else won't be T20 bracket am I right?
kmykoh
post Aug 14 2022, 12:28 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

To be honest, a lot of vague numbers here. First of all, what is comfortable life? Many in this thread with high earning tend to interpret it as having a 4k house instalment, 2k car instalment, 1k insurance(???), and still have 3k savings. ???? What is this man. Is this what living comfortable means these days?

Living comfortable used to mean you can work in a good company, with good colleague, has enough annual leave and extra cash for your family to do vacation once a while, while driving a decent enough car, trying out all types of good nasi lemak in different states, whole family is feeling happy, that's it. All those in this thread with their happiness sustained by money trying to redefine what's living comfortable means is not even a good indicator for you and your family? Please... A B40 can live comfortably too as long he is not starving and happy in what he does. Is life in Malaysia too good that we fail to understand what's the necessity nowadays? Again spend in your limit and you will feel "comfortable" regardless of how much you earn. Don't define comfortable like what most of the writers in this thread are and you shall feel "comfortable". You have no obligation to report to them what's your definition of good life. Do good and stay happy...
kmykoh
post Aug 14 2022, 12:34 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

You might earn 10k less than them, but if you don't have the 5k house instalment, 3k car instalment, 1k insurance + all the misc numbers with no sense, you might actually end up living a much more comfortable life than them. A big house and expensive cars doesn't make you any more comfortable than another person. In the end you have to decide how you yourselves define your satisfaction, either in the outer appearance or the inner happiness.
Soul Seeker
post Aug 14 2022, 01:29 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(Avenger_2012 @ Aug 12 2022, 10:40 PM)
user posted image

This is my spendings last month.
Housing loan is on the high side as I’m paying for 3 houses
Condo 1 - Rm3k own stay
Condo 2 - Rm2k loan, rented out rm2.7k
Condo 3 - Rm1.2k loan, rented out rm1.7k
Look neat , btw what is this app ?
Avenger_2012
post Aug 14 2022, 01:32 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(Soul Seeker @ Aug 14 2022, 01:29 AM)
Look neat , btw what is this app ?
Spending Tracker.
ceo684
post Aug 14 2022, 02:21 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(insan_kamil @ Aug 13 2022, 08:53 PM)

10k is more than enough.

At one point in life the old immigration PBD Ali Maju also served nasi ayam with kopi ice for RM5.10
Don't BS if you don't work in KL CBD in the past three years.

There's an infographic saying if you dont earn 9k you are B40 in KL.
Not everyone has cheap housing in Kg Baru. We have to buy a place in KL (starts from 300k typically for a rumaweep) because we don't qualify for a PPR flat.

I'm just saying so that people don't get the wrong impression because whilst cheap lunch is available, cheap dinners are NOT common.
Dinner below my office..well set lunch already RM19-25 I only ate on my last day boss belanja.

Parking in KL is super expensive if on a bad day no more parking at cheap open car park.
U can park for free on double yellow lines. Kena tow is another problem ah.

If you work late esp you are racing against time to go home to the outskirts where hopefully one can get a hot meal before the hawker center stall closes.

QUOTE(cms @ Aug 13 2022, 09:10 PM)
I would guess so too, else won't be T20 bracket am I right?
10k at best is M40 lah in KL.
Its not even T20 gosh.. u can afford to eat in KLCC resto everyday? No right? Tahan 1hr30 after OT to eat dinner at home everyday only lead to tummy problems (ended up in hospital) even that also company insurance dont cover fully

Remember the ask is "live comfortably"
not eat roti kosong everyday

I don't subscribe to expensive house expensive car.
I bought rumaweep 300k
I drive paid up vehicle valued around 19k insurance agreed value

QUOTE(CoolStoryWriter @ Aug 11 2022, 09:31 PM)
Is RM10k net household income okay in klang valley? With 1 kid.

House 2k
Car 2k
Mandatory savings 2k

I dont know what kind of lifestyle left with 4k disposable income. Can we live comfortably with 1 kid in klang valley? Wife not working to take care of kid full time.

Child just send to chinese sjkc in primary

Thanks in advance.
Get a cheaper car pay full by cash. I alr paid up the car many years back. I think the car is waste of money, even singkie earn 10k also at most spend low 1k-ish for car. Msian overspend on car.
Savings I think u get flexi house loan dump extra in (make sure easy redraw eg RHB) u save on the interest better la. Savings acc % is negligible.
House 2k - 1/5 of nett still ok; my rumaweep was 1/6 of nett so even if BR up installment from 1k become 1250 also can tank la. Else if havent buy, get a runaweep with 2 car park also better off financially. The 200k savings can save for kid education better than buying overpriced condo

QUOTE(kmykoh @ Aug 14 2022, 12:34 AM)
You might earn 10k less than them, but if you don't have the 5k house instalment, 3k car instalment, 1k insurance + all the misc numbers with no sense, you might actually end up living a much more comfortable life than them. A big house and expensive cars doesn't make you any more comfortable than another person. In the end you have to decide how you yourselves define your satisfaction, either in the outer appearance or the inner happiness.
A house also kosong unit lah
This doesnt mean 300k on rumaweep it come fully furnished. doh.gif
There's another 30-40k on basics just to keep it up and livable (i.e. minimal reno, add kitcab and add appliances)
Now if those things drop from the sky it would be great. But please be realistic. Even cook at home also need kitcab and fridge and stove lah.

This post has been edited by ceo684: Aug 14 2022, 02:32 AM
cms
post Aug 14 2022, 02:35 AM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 14 2022, 02:21 AM)
At one point in life the old immigration PBD Ali Maju also served nasi ayam with kopi ice for RM5.10
Don't BS if you don't work in KL CBD in the past three years.

There's an infographic saying if you dont earn 9k you are B40 in KL.
Not everyone has cheap housing in Kg Baru. We have to buy a place in KL (starts from 300k typically for a rumaweep) because we don't qualify for a PPR flat.

I'm just saying so that people don't get the wrong impression because whilst cheap lunch is available, cheap dinners are NOT common.
Dinner below my office..well set lunch already RM19-25 I only ate on my last day boss belanja.

Parking in KL is super expensive if on a bad day no more parking at cheap open car park.
U can park for free on double yellow lines. Kena tow is another problem ah.

If you work late esp you are racing against time to go home to the outskirts where hopefully one can get a hot meal before the hawker center stall closes.
10k at best is M40 lah in KL.
Its not even T20 gosh.. u can afford to eat in KLCC resto everyday? No right? Tahan 1hr30 after OT to eat dinner at home everyday only lead to tummy problems (ended up in hospital) even that also company insurance dont cover fully

Remember the ask is "live comfortably"
not eat roti kosong everyday

I don't subscribe to expensive house expensive car.
I bought rumaweep 300k
I drive paid up vehicle valued around 19k insurance agreed value
Get a cheaper car pay full by cash. I alr paid up the car many years back. I think the car is waste of money, even singkie earn 10k also at most spend low 1k-ish for car. Msian overspend on car.
Savings I think u get flexi house loan dump extra in (make sure easy redraw eg RHB) u save on the interest better la. Savings acc % is negligible.
House 2k - 1/5 of nett still ok; my rumaweep was 1/6 of nett so even if BR up installment from 1k become 1250 also can tank la. Else if havent buy, get a runaweep with 2 car park also better off financially. The 200k savings can save for kid education better than buying overpriced condo
A house also kosong unit lah
This doesnt mean 300k on rumaweep it come fully furnished. doh.gif
There's another 30-40k on basics just to keep it up and livable (i.e. minimal reno, add kitcab and add appliances)
Now if those things drop from the sky it would be great. But please be realistic. Even cook at home also need kitcab and fridge and stove lah.
+/- 1-2K from 10K should be there about to be classified as T20 across Malaysia already. Its net salary yo.

ceo684
post Aug 14 2022, 02:42 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(cms @ Aug 14 2022, 02:35 AM)
+/- 1-2K from 10K should be there about to be classified as T20 across Malaysia already. Its net salary yo.
Its not that much tbh. T20 if stay in 250k and 300k places? Really?
Coz yes if count household like parents and me, ok say we 10k nett.

both places also still paying house loan -1500 -1250 (one is too far from KL CBD hence I bought my own place)
both places also pay maintenance -400 -230
both places also pay fiber internet -200
need to buy decent food.. beef even minced also not cheap..fish also import from Singapore yahudi prices.. milk also RM7.50 buy from shopee carton load

Coz if u live in rumaweep its not exactly T20 accomodation
High density and only 1 carpark inclusive

T20 is those that can afford a 700k condo within walking distance to the office. Then skip all the parking problem.

Disposable income not great after minus everything.
Because everything in KL whether local produce or imported are all priced as if all are imported. Inflation is real. Last time 2500 freshie can survive, 2022 u try to survive with 2500 in KL and see

This post has been edited by ceo684: Aug 14 2022, 02:48 AM

7 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:28 PM