Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Confinement Centre in Cheras Akasa, Get to know confinement centres

views

TSHuiXin_7th P
post Aug 11 2022, 10:45 AM, updated 2y ago

Probation
6 posts

I was doing some research on confinement centres and saw that LifeCare is opening 1 confinement centre in Cheras South wor.
They said opening promo is RM17.5k and above la. Experienced dads and moms - is it worth it ah?

I stay in Cheras so am considering this Ukiyo nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif

Can Google Ukiyo to see see

https://pictr.com/images/2022/08/11/BDHefB.md.png
Jedi3815
post Aug 18 2022, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(HuiXin_7th @ Aug 11 2022, 10:45 AM)
I was doing some research on confinement centres and saw that LifeCare is opening 1 confinement centre in Cheras South wor.
They said opening promo is RM17.5k and above la. Experienced dads and moms - is it worth it ah?
I stay in Cheras so am considering this Ukiyo  nod.gif  nod.gif  nod.gif
Can Google Ukiyo to see see
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2022/08/11/BDHefB.md.png' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2022/08/11/BDHefB.md.png </a>
I actually have a question for TS and parents who have done the confinement centre.

1) Why? the need is to assist mothers and baby in "reentering" the world after the delivery, correct?
2) Is it normal for the price to be half of a Perodua Axia? or is it because im a B40 and feels that that value is too high. Wow, RM17k for a month (or 2) i assume. What does the service provide other that boarding and food? daily massage and nursing?
3) Why not the father assist with the confinement? that's what i did, finished my leave (fortunate that my boss/company gave that). 1 month worth of leave finished for 1 month of confinement, assisting my wife (back then) by cooking for her and the baby, massage, taking care of the baby etc. Since parenting a co-op "game".
4) or am i out of touch?

Sorry TS, im not actually answering your question.

This post has been edited by Jedi3815: Aug 18 2022, 11:56 AM
toiletwater
post Aug 18 2022, 11:37 AM

On my way
525 posts

It looks like a friggin 5 star hotel. Woah. Find cheaper alternatives at places more outskirt. If you are loaded, then nvm.
TSHuiXin_7th P
post Sep 2 2022, 11:51 AM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(Jedi3815 @ Aug 18 2022, 11:32 AM)
I actually have a question for TS and parents who have done the confinement centre.

1) Why? the need is to assist mothers and baby in "reentering" the world after the delivery, correct?
2) Is it normal for the price to be half of a Perodua Axia? or is it because im a B40 and feels that that value is too high. Wow, RM17k for a month (or 2) i assume. What does the service provide other that boarding and food? daily massage and nursing?
3) Why not the father assist with the confinement? that's what i did, finished my leave (fortunate that my boss/company gave that). 1 month worth of leave finished for 1 month of confinement, assisting my wife (back then) by cooking for her and the baby, massage, taking care of the baby etc. Since parenting a co-op "game".
4) or am i out of touch?

I think it's the convenience. A friend of mine raised a very good point - after confinement at Ukiyo and I go home, will I get used to my home? Cause right, confinement centre is damn comfortable la, everything is taken care of, unlike at home.

Still considering since this is near my house and near the hospital.

I might just sign up when they open in October cause it's so freaking new! I'm sure there are discounts etc.
TSHuiXin_7th P
post Sep 2 2022, 11:52 AM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(toiletwater @ Aug 18 2022, 11:37 AM)
It looks like a friggin 5 star hotel. Woah. Find cheaper alternatives at places more outskirt. If you are loaded, then nvm.
It looks like some confinement centres in KL. Like Luna and Esther, but price is definitely cheaper than Luna or Esther Postpartum.

Anyhow I am looking for both bargain and convenience. Hehe.
estcin
post Sep 5 2022, 11:17 AM

Casual
405 posts

Which part of Cheras u staying? Can check out Byond28 and Esther is opening a new branch in Cheras. can nego directly with them to get below RM17.5k and ask them to give u free upgrade and massage services, don't follow the advertised pricing

This post has been edited by estcin: Sep 5 2022, 11:17 AM
TSHuiXin_7th P
post Sep 5 2022, 11:41 AM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(estcin @ Sep 5 2022, 11:17 AM)
Which part of Cheras u staying? Can check out Byond28 and Esther is opening a new branch in Cheras. can nego directly with them to get below RM17.5k and ask them to give u free upgrade and massage services, don't follow the advertised pricing
I stay near Cheras Selatan. Oh! Esther is opening in Cheras where?
Thanks for the tip!
ykj
post Sep 5 2022, 11:46 AM

Mission on educating on Hibah Takaful importance
830 posts

Crazy price these centres
estcin
post Sep 5 2022, 11:55 AM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(HuiXin_7th @ Sep 5 2022, 11:41 AM)
I stay near Cheras Selatan. Oh! Esther is opening in Cheras where?
Thanks for the tip!
Bandar Tun Razak, far from Cheras Selatan. maybe u can check out Danai Cresenvale near C180
AyamBlend
post Sep 21 2022, 03:25 PM

22 posts

still can get sub $10k package if do research properly for the primitive one - baby care/meal/room with husband's bed / clothes included..

Usually confinement center over 12k , they have in house medical officer and nurse
Here are the perks that you think may need or may not which directly affecting the cost

- in house md or nurse
-- post natal massage
--- meal choice (think again why opt for confinement service, usually for the "traditional thingy" right?
---- room amenities

Many confinement nowadays try to market their place like 5 star hotel, you'll need to do a site visit on the room experience, some may look nice in the picture but actually very cramp, alot of noise etc and probably serving you cold dishes /hot water shower (which is taboo from traditional view la)

If dont need to care about budget and loaded, yea why not

TSHuiXin_7th P
post Sep 27 2022, 01:24 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(AyamBlend @ Sep 21 2022, 03:25 PM)
still can get sub $10k package if do research properly for the primitive one - baby care/meal/room with husband's bed / clothes included..

Usually confinement center over 12k , they have in house medical officer and nurse
Here are the perks that you think may need or may not which directly affecting the cost

- in house md or nurse
-- post natal massage
--- meal choice (think again why opt for confinement service, usually for the "traditional thingy" right?
---- room amenities

Many confinement nowadays try to market their place like 5 star hotel, you'll need to do a site visit on the room experience, some may look nice in the picture but actually very cramp, alot of noise etc and probably serving you cold dishes /hot water shower (which is taboo from traditional view la)
If dont need to care about budget and loaded, yea why not
I've done further research and I think Confinement Centre suites me and my husband, plus it's in Cheras South area laaa. I've booked in for their soft launch this 15 October already. Will explore the place before booking a spot.

Thanks for all your advises so far. Super duper helpful!
Lahaha
post Sep 27 2022, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(HuiXin_7th @ Sep 27 2022, 01:24 PM)
I've done further research and I think Confinement Centre suites me and my husband, plus it's in Cheras South area laaa. I've booked in for their soft launch this 15 October already. Will explore the place before booking a spot.

Thanks for all your advises so far. Super duper helpful!
Seems like you've already made up your mind but just like to give an extra option about this place that my friend stayed in during her confinement - Santorini Confinement Centre KL (it is in Sri Petaling though, think it is not too far from Cheras Selatan). Less commercial but rather more homely feel. My friend said the best part is its breastfeeding support and nurturing.

Their Google Map ratings seem very good as well - https://goo.gl/maps/sPLgNs54BuHwLVt87

Personally, my wife didn't stay there because we are from Petaling Jaya (we stayed in Joie Confinement Centre in Kepong, it was more commercial feel, ie. office/shoplot but we wished we chose somewhere more homely. Also, we felt the so-called bf support was quite lacking, different nurses telling different things). Joie was also about RM14k ish.

Choice of confinement centres aside, if we ever decide to have a second child, I would definitely choose the confinement centre route. As the Daddy, I am so much more rest assured knowing that my wife is not fighting/arguing with some old confinement lady or worse, my own mother haha. Some money are worth spending and for me personally, it would be for the smooth, stress-free recovery of my wife and having my baby well taken care of by professionals. Also, I personally get to rest as well and I take it as a 28 days retreat for my wife with everything taken care of, food, all physical activities like cleaning done for you and 24 hours room service.

I could imagine us, if we were doing everything on our own, after a few days, we would pay ANYTHING for just a night of good sleep.

Anyways, just sharing and wish you the smoothest delivery of your baby.

This post has been edited by Lahaha: Sep 27 2022, 03:41 PM
D10yrspain
post Sep 28 2022, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(Jedi3815 @ Aug 18 2022, 11:32 AM)

4) or am i out of touch?

I'm not answering to Ts question too.

1) I also don't understand, Maybe they wanna recreate a bigger family bonding of mom, dad ,baby and outsider. Or just throwing money to get 50/50 of uncertainty of New experience

2) The cheapest 10 yrs ago the price of giving birth private only Rm2k per baby. Hospital give birth Rm15. Any labour emergency private still sent mother back to GH (The Irony)As for confinement Rm2k only.
Seriously for raw food material for cooking confinement only about Rm800-Rm1000. So the confinement nanny earn Rm1k is considerable.
Nowadays people giving birth to gold child. RM10k per child and Confinement fee macam wang jatuh dari langit.

3)Sekarang punya parent tak macam dulu, appreciate the hard moment and through all these difficulties experience a marriage can last longer. Nowadays not like that, tak suka cerai je. Absolutely nothing to appreciate or to grab on( hardwork as a team, as a couple or as a parents.)

4) you are not out of touch and you are not alone. Human evolve into something else they rather gets it easier done rather than struggle.

This is a cycle. During the old time, old folks saving up money for younger generation. Nowadays generation no saving. Going forward the next younger and youngest generation is going to struggle in future and the cycle goes around again.

Jedi3815
post Sep 29 2022, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(D10yrspain @ Sep 28 2022, 03:06 PM)
I'm not answering to Ts question too.

1) I also don't understand, Maybe they wanna recreate a bigger family bonding of mom, dad ,baby and outsider. Or just throwing money to get 50/50 of uncertainty of New experience

2) The cheapest 10 yrs ago the price of giving birth private only Rm2k per baby. Hospital give birth Rm15. Any labour emergency private still sent mother back to GH (The Irony)As for confinement Rm2k only.
Seriously for raw food material for cooking confinement only about Rm800-Rm1000. So the confinement nanny earn Rm1k is considerable.
Nowadays people giving birth to gold child. RM10k per child and Confinement fee macam wang jatuh dari langit.

3)Sekarang punya parent tak macam dulu, appreciate the hard moment and through all these difficulties experience a marriage can last longer. Nowadays not like that, tak suka cerai je. Absolutely nothing to appreciate or to grab on( hardwork as a team, as a couple or as a parents.)

4) you are not out of touch and you are not alone. Human evolve into something else they rather gets it easier done rather than struggle.

This is a cycle. During the old time, old folks saving up money for younger generation. Nowadays generation no saving. Going forward the next younger and youngest generation is going to struggle in future and the cycle goes around again.
Lols. Im in my 30s, but it sounded like you think im in my 50s or 60s. To be ABSOLUTELY fair to those who uses the service and those who provides the service, it does "stir" the economy. There is a demand for such a thing (those you uses/wanting to use the service) and a supply (those who provides the service).

I just feel that at RM17k or approximately is a waste of freaking money. My wife and i could do that for you, for far cheaper. but the problem lies when (after) the 2 months finish, hahahahaha, i dont think i can handle MULTIPLE clients at once. babies are no joke, they need 1,000% of our attention.
D10yrspain
post Sep 29 2022, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(Jedi3815 @ Sep 29 2022, 02:23 PM)
Lols. Im in my 30s, but it sounded like you think im in my 50s or 60s. To be ABSOLUTELY fair to those who uses the service and those who provides the service, it does "stir" the economy. There is a demand for such a thing (those you uses/wanting to use the service) and a supply (those who provides the service).

I just feel that at RM17k or approximately is a waste of freaking money. My wife and i could do that for you, for far cheaper. but the problem lies when (after) the 2 months finish, hahahahaha, i dont think i can handle MULTIPLE clients at once. babies are no joke, they need 1,000% of our attention.
Nahh...I never think much about your age. I commented because I have the same questionable thoughts about Ts thread.
10 yrs ago Rm2k, now Rm17k, so another 10yrs...er imma close my 2eyes lol
Yes you are absolutely on point about the last part. Problem comes after confinement finished haha
I did it myself day and night, my husband is quite a heavy sleeper. My mom or mother in law will cook for me and bath the baby since I can't touch water. After confinement i gave the old folks Angpow for helping and that's all.
Inexperience and scared as a new mom did not stop me from learning the hard way because as we age it gets better.
And oh...you are a great dad. Not many daddy willing to help, even if they want to help it takes a lot of time, physically and strong mentality. May I say baby is the best teacher lol. Tough but those experience was really priceless

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:54 AM