Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What is the important lesson learnt from Covid-19?

views

nihility
post Aug 8 2022, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,252 posts

If the event happened, it will happen. When it happen, there are something that "he" wanted earth realm to learn. Learn either by force, without knowing or learn by knowing it.

Based on the Covid-19, it happened.

1) Peoples died ( old & those with the comorbidities) - it is like the world is conserving the resources for the younger generation, the survival with the healthier genes.

2) Peoples get vaccinated - whole world are in the rush / pour resources to come out with vaccine. We even put the mNRA vaccine to mass population. There could be something coming from this decision - bad/good, it is unknown yet but for certain Covid-19 was the trigger point for this decision.

3)Transportation came to halt to stop, business come to stop, we can't outsource / pay for the skills we wanted - If we want to eat bread, we have to bake our own / we have to cook our own foods, if we want to eat vegetables, we have to grow our own - we are force to live in isolation & become all rounder. There could future event which may want us to live in isolation for survival , the "forcing" to learn from Covid-19 prepares us for this coming one.

4)Forces us to abandoned the religious gatherings. Perhaps it want us to rediscover what we always understand as norm, whether it is really a norm or it is just a mortal made norm.

5) The social slump were affected the most. If you are from the poor country, you will have limited resources to fight for survival. If you are poor, ppl will not put you as the priority of saving. This event is also culling the less educated & less resources family indirectly. It is indirectly conserving the world resources for the survivals related to item 1).
Ewww!
post Aug 8 2022, 12:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,010 posts

QUOTE(Mattrock @ Aug 7 2022, 11:26 PM)
Don't eat bats. Bloody idiots!
Lol! Exactly!
fatpeach P
post Aug 8 2022, 12:55 PM

Probation
6 posts

cash is king, always king
JohnL77
post Aug 8 2022, 01:46 PM

Regular
1,734 posts

QUOTE(Ewww! @ Aug 8 2022, 12:54 PM)
Lol! Exactly!
QUOTE(Mattrock @ Aug 7 2022, 11:26 PM)
Don't eat bats. Bloody idiots!
user posted image
LLLogan
post Aug 10 2022, 11:21 AM

40 posts

1. Kubis is a flu with higher death rate but not crazy dangerous like the plague or ebola or some sci-fi apocalypse movie. Yet the way the world reacted was like a sci-fi apocalypse movie. Total overreaction.

2. Sanitization spray doesn't do much. Masks and social distancing is more effective. Good general hygiene to keep your hands clean, but complete waste for those who spray entire table/chair/room/street.

3. Jury is still out on long term pro and cons of vaccination vs natural immunity.

4. Keep healthy lifestyle where you can and your genes do determine your life, unfortunately. If you are unhealthy or have a condition, the next pandemic will likely make you very ill or kill you. Destiny is all.

5. Politicians bodoh (I mean outside of Malaysia) buat hal on international level as soon as borders reopen.....I mean, give it a rest for at least a year....we just went back to normal.....jeeeeeeeez

post Aug 10 2022, 02:18 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(LLLogan @ Aug 10 2022, 12:21 PM)
1. Kubis is a flu with higher death rate but not crazy dangerous like the plague or ebola or some sci-fi apocalypse movie. Yet the way the world reacted was like a sci-fi apocalypse movie. Total overreaction.

2. Sanitization spray doesn't do much. Masks and social distancing is more effective. Good general hygiene to keep your hands clean, but complete waste for those who spray entire table/chair/room/street.

3. Jury is still out on long term pro and cons of vaccination vs natural immunity.

4. Keep healthy lifestyle where you can and your genes do determine your life, unfortunately. If you are unhealthy or have a condition, the next pandemic will likely make you very ill or kill you. Destiny is all.

5. Politicians bodoh (I mean outside of Malaysia) buat hal on international level as soon as borders reopen.....I mean, give it a rest for at least a year....we just went back to normal.....jeeeeeeeez
I think we were lucky that covid did not evolve into something more dangerous. The early days before the vaccines were quite uncertain and a lot of countries medical facilities including ours were overwhelmed with cases. It is more under control now but was it due to vaccination or due to doctors having more experience in treating people with covid is a question maybe our sejarah books will answer in the future.

However, the pandemic is a great warning to humankind that the next time, we might not be so lucky again. However, politicians will be politicians. The same issue we face today will be repeated again if another outbreak happens again.
LLLogan
post Aug 10 2022, 02:35 PM

40 posts

I think in the early days they put even those with mild symptoms in hospital.....that's why the system was overwhelmed.

The difference now, apart from vaccines, is that if you are not dying or in need of oxygen, just recover at home....I'm pretty sure the actual number of cases are much higher than the official numbers even now.....but if it's a little more than a bad flu/fever.....no need to panic.

This post has been edited by LLLogan: Aug 10 2022, 02:37 PM
Red_rustyjelly
post Aug 10 2022, 02:39 PM

Enthusiast
846 posts

Don't trust politicians fully
Need to learn how to pick media carefully

Learning materials not to pick
For example. Air suam, 500 negara, etc...

Learning materials to pick
Moderation spending, rakyat jaga rakyat regardless of race. Etc
post Aug 11 2022, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(LLLogan @ Aug 10 2022, 03:35 PM)
I think in the early days they put even those with mild symptoms in hospital.....that's why the system was overwhelmed.

The difference now, apart from vaccines, is that if you are not dying or in need of oxygen, just recover at home....I'm pretty sure the actual number of cases are much higher than the official numbers even now.....but if it's a little more than a bad flu/fever.....no need to panic.
I think once doctors and nurses have more experience treating covid patients, they will become more successful in making them better. In the worse days last year, it was like blind leading blind

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.73    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:56 PM