Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

want to know type of programing i need, You know yours, and I know mine to combo

views

TStkwfriend
post Jul 31 2022, 03:59 PM, updated 2y ago

I always doubt and always something goes wrong
1,828 posts

Hi I am looking for people right person to build software from scratch

What i plan to build is

A robot and later stage to AI

A system can search a database for more than 10 years or more

Daily update

apply auto taking decision

Apply data info from some other source

Can be user friendly

This post has been edited by tkwfriend: Aug 4 2022, 01:25 PM
FlierMate1
post Aug 1 2022, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
Validating
139 posts

Maybe tkwfriend can elaborate more, such as... software to maneuver the robot? And the function of the robot?
Femsroot
post Aug 1 2022, 05:04 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

u seriously just tell your idea free to those that can code what u wanted. give them 1 mth then they will sell u the software. face palm
angch
post Aug 1 2022, 05:24 PM

On my way
635 posts

"Seed Funding Program" is the program you'll need.

Try Cradle at https://www.cradle.com.my/

Otherwise, you may wanna approach more experienced people with a better plan and/or something else more concrete than just ideas.
TStkwfriend
post Aug 2 2022, 11:05 AM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(FlierMate1 @ Aug 1 2022, 05:01 PM)
Maybe tkwfriend can elaborate more, such as... software to maneuver the robot? And the function of the robot?
the reason is that myself not come from this area, I am more toward the idea and end-user mode.

the function is to use to solve people's problems in investment in the stock market. where the robot can make decisions on behalf of the human.
TStkwfriend
post Aug 2 2022, 11:07 AM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(Femsroot @ Aug 1 2022, 05:04 PM)
u seriously just tell your idea free to those that can code what u wanted. give them 1 mth then they will sell u the software. face palm
In my contact, I have very little or no such person on my list
So far I had asked a 2, but no response yet. I don't think is that easy or simple because from my topic there seem to be simple, but it could be more complecated
TStkwfriend
post Aug 2 2022, 11:10 AM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(angch @ Aug 1 2022, 05:24 PM)
"Seed Funding Program" is the program you'll need.

Try Cradle at https://www.cradle.com.my/

Otherwise, you may wanna approach more experienced people with a better plan and/or something else more concrete than just ideas.
I dont think I have this yet, for me more toward know a few matter before can be in cradle
angch
post Aug 2 2022, 11:33 AM

On my way
635 posts

Oh. A *bot*, I thought you're referring to a physical *robot*.

You're still correct, but these days, "bot" is more often means a software automation tool, and "robot" is more hardware automation tool.

This post has been edited by angch: Aug 2 2022, 11:34 AM
TStkwfriend
post Aug 2 2022, 12:35 PM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(angch @ Aug 2 2022, 11:33 AM)
Oh. A *bot*, I thought you're referring to a physical *robot*.

You're still correct, but these days, "bot" is more often means a software automation tool, and "robot" is more hardware automation tool.
oh i see, probaly layman term they are still robot.
nyem
post Aug 4 2022, 12:14 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(tkwfriend @ Aug 2 2022, 12:35 PM)
oh i see, probaly layman term they are still robot.
Probably I can program my robot vacuum to do this hmm.gif

Be careful if you are not detailing out your requirements, people will deliver you things you don't want

TStkwfriend
post Aug 4 2022, 06:31 AM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(nyem @ Aug 4 2022, 12:14 AM)
Probably I can program my robot vacuum to do this  hmm.gif

Be careful if you are not detailing out your requirements, people will deliver you things you don't want
Yes i do understand
Femsroot
post Aug 4 2022, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
236 posts

QUOTE(nyem @ Aug 4 2022, 12:14 AM)
Probably I can program my robot vacuum to do this  hmm.gif

he wont even know ppl have completed the works. what i read here, is he knows nthg as well. just wanna hire ppl to do and deep in my heart i know he cant pay welll too. in the end, get played by that guy unless he is smart enough to have proper legal documentation signed. that aso need to pay.

all about money
TStkwfriend
post Aug 4 2022, 01:22 PM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(Femsroot @ Aug 4 2022, 11:06 AM)
he wont even know ppl have completed the works. what i read here, is he knows nthg as well. just wanna hire ppl to do and deep in my heart i know he cant pay welll too. in the end, get played by that guy unless he is smart enough to have proper legal documentation signed. that aso need to pay.

all about money
very smart, that is why my title above already well mentioned. before involving money i need to know what type of program will be used, and trail
nyem
post Aug 4 2022, 04:43 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(tkwfriend @ Aug 2 2022, 11:05 AM)
the reason is that myself not come from this area, I am more toward the idea and end-user mode.

the function is to use to solve people's problems in investment in the stock market. where the robot can make decisions on behalf of the human.
Can use googlesheet to keep track of stock prices. If your algorithm works on excel/googlesheet there's no need to create programs from scratch
TStkwfriend
post Aug 4 2022, 10:16 PM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(nyem @ Aug 4 2022, 04:43 PM)
Can use googlesheet to keep track of stock prices. If your algorithm works on excel/googlesheet there's no need to create programs from scratch
that too simple, with what you mention on the top i already have. I want a solution for the mass market, with people very good knowledge still can be done, or even when they are still sleeping, money still working for them

which spread sheet or excel can't do it for them automacticly

This post has been edited by tkwfriend: Aug 4 2022, 10:16 PM
Find The Way
post Aug 7 2022, 07:07 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

@OP, just to give you a perspective, what this inquiry looks like in a different context that's easier for people to imagine.

Hi engineer, I'm looking to build a transportation tool:
- it must have wheel
- It must be able to move on land
- it must be able to carry people
- it may or may not need to carry stuff other than people, this will be decided in the future
- it should be able to carry more than one people, capacity is to be decided later
Please give me a proposal or suggestion.

Now, are you able to imagine what the transportation tool looks like in the engineer's mind? I bet you can't, neither of us can.

Usually professional engineers with sense of responsibility won't give an answer. Instead, the response will probably be "it depends...", following by long long series of Q&A:
- ONLY on land?
- what kind of terrain?
- max weight it must be able to carry?
- speed?
- which countries the tool should support?
- any govt regulation in those countries?
- ... (and blah blah...)

Without the details, what you need and what engineers imagine are almost guaranteed different thing. In another word, to be productive towards your goal, provide as much details as possible in such inquiry.

On the other hand, be careful on where to raise inquiry. The concern mentioned by @Femsroot is valid.

A funny (perhaps upset) thing is that, for most software inquiries I received, whenever I don't give a straight forward positive answer (e.g. contains "it depends on..."), asker will be pissed off "Damn, I cant talk to you guys engineer. I asking simple question, why engineers won't give me simple answer" sweat.gif
silverhawk
post Aug 9 2022, 11:19 AM

I'm Positively Lustrous
Group Icon
Elite
4,738 posts

QUOTE(Find The Way @ Aug 7 2022, 07:07 PM)
A funny (perhaps upset) thing is that, for most software inquiries I received, whenever I don't give a straight forward positive answer (e.g. contains "it depends on..."), asker will be pissed off "Damn, I cant talk to you guys engineer. I asking simple question, why engineers won't give me simple answer"  sweat.gif
Don't use "it depends on", common for us to think in this way, but not to normal people.

Instead just give the result/consequence, and even before that get them to state their desired goal/objective. Then you can say "this won't help you reach your goal because of abc" or "to reach your objective, I suggest we do xyz" your discussions will proceed better.
nyem
post Aug 9 2022, 11:50 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

user posted image

We have been using this image to remind ourselves that sometimes customers tend to exaggerate their problems a bit. Some mix of automation and scripting might deliver the same result
TStkwfriend
post Aug 9 2022, 10:42 PM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(nyem @ Aug 9 2022, 11:50 AM)
user posted image

We have been using this image to remind ourselves that sometimes customers tend to exaggerate their problems a bit. Some mix of automation and scripting might deliver the same result
The problem is some of the things I can't mention everything out here, as there is some trade secret that involves. so far managed to get a company that had experience had explained come along with a contract of trade secret .

The entire of this project will require 1 year to make it a protocol, after that only change to user interface, Will require an additional 1 year to test it out in the real market and do adjustments. with work together the data collection

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:44 AM