Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

2023 Ford Ranger

views

TSstuckincarbonite
post Jul 22 2022, 11:28 PM, updated 2y ago

38 posts

I see Ford just launched their "new" Ranger. The top of the line Wildtrak is RM169k.

I can't wait to see if they can sell it.

They seemed to invent the premium pick-up truck market with the Wildtrak in 2011. The first version was RM12Xk, if I remember rightly.

I wanted one but the waiting list was more than a year so I took an XLT for RM96k.

I bought a 2019 Wildtrak for RM142k. I thought it was a lot for a truck but the extra features and 2.0 biturbo engine made it worth the money for me.

I think my time with trucks is coming to an end but I can't wait to see what happens to sales of the Wildtrak. Will Malaysia truck buys keep paying ever higher prices for their trucks or is RM170k already too high for the market to bear.
H3artBreakKid
post Jul 23 2022, 12:26 AM

💔💔💔
448 posts

Rangers and raptors are abit overrated imo

Looking forward to what izusu can offer down the road

If only they launch the d-max with x-terrain in 1.9 variant
BbBuUu P
post Jul 23 2022, 03:17 AM

Probation
16 posts

Was my top choice, followed by Mitsubishi Triton then the Isuzu Dmax which I ended up buying.

I remember how my father used to complain about his Ford as a kid and even till today everywhere
I see many negative comments about it's reliability plus that excessive 10 speed gearbox on 2L engine so no thanks.

If it isn't the very dated interior of the Triton, I'd definately have bought it instead of the Dmax, 4wd on tarmac
is a blessing if you're going to bump up it's power some. Old school / function > form isn't a bad thing,
I'm just sick of the same old look, it's rather similiar to my decade old car.
BeastX
post Jul 29 2022, 04:21 PM

Genomics Revolution; Proud to be a Scientist
5,768 posts

Shame not available here... w 4WD

This post has been edited by BeastX: Jul 29 2022, 04:22 PM
DenshaOtoko
post Aug 17 2022, 01:15 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(BbBuUu @ Jul 23 2022, 03:17 AM)
Was my top choice, followed by Mitsubishi Triton then the Isuzu Dmax which I ended up buying.

I remember how my father used to complain about his Ford as a kid and even till today everywhere
I see many negative comments about it's reliability plus that excessive 10 speed gearbox on 2L engine so no thanks.

If it isn't the very dated interior of the Triton, I'd definately have bought it instead of the Dmax, 4wd on tarmac
is a blessing if you're going to bump up it's power some. Old school / function > form isn't a bad thing,
I'm just sick of the same old look, it's rather similiar to my decade old car.
I was same like you. Almost buy a triton but when the new dmax came out, the triton looks so dated especially the interior. Dmax is far better interior hence I bought it.

ngohieng
post Sep 1 2022, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

how's ranger/ ranger raptor in term of reliability actually?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.07    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:02 AM