Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Used 2017 CX9, 7 seater family car

views

TSUntitledP90 P
post Jul 16 2022, 05:39 PM, updated 2y ago

Probation
2 posts

Dear Guys,

Do you guys think is it ok to buy a used 2017 mazda cx9 as my family car. I need 7 seater as my family is expanding. I just curious about their reliability. Anyone can share with me their experience with mazda or specificly CX 9. I did some research online and it seems mazda score quite high in US consumer report. Pricing wise its around 170-180k and still cheaper than vellfire or alphard with same manufacturer year as CX9 depreciate quite a lot from 320k to 170k in 5 years.

My question is
1) Is mazda CX 9 a reliable car that as long as all services been done on time it will serve me for another 5-10 years.
2) Does the spare part price same as toyota and honda ?
Strifez
post Jul 16 2022, 08:37 PM

43 posts

if u r looking for 7 seater to sit for long journey, this is not the car for you.

Very uncomfortable, better look for mpv such as vellfire, grand carnival or starex.

if for short journey, its ok.

Mazda is a ok car, but be careful when buying used. no matter how reliable the car is, do your due dilugence on the used car before buying
Strifez
post Jul 16 2022, 08:38 PM

43 posts

reliable, yes

spare part, pricier than toyota and honda, similar price to korean car, cheaper than conti car
TSUntitledP90 P
post Jul 17 2022, 08:19 AM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(Strifez @ Jul 16 2022, 08:37 PM)
if u r looking for 7 seater to sit for long journey, this is not the car for you.

Very uncomfortable, better look for mpv such as vellfire, grand carnival or starex.

if for short journey, its ok.

Mazda is a ok car, but be careful when buying used. no matter how reliable the car is, do your due dilugence on the used car before buying
thanks for the info. because nowadays car maker always provide with those free service and 5 years warranty. in my opinion these free service caused the car owner to service their car on time at the service center. Therefore, this might create a better used car with full service record and better condition for those who plan to buy used car. For example previously my wife purchase a used honda jazz hybrid with full service record. luckily after 3 years of owning it. The car still in good condition. so far only replace the leaking oil absorber and other than that is normal service only
amscouzach57
post Jul 17 2022, 12:21 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(UntitledP90 @ Jul 16 2022, 05:39 PM)
Dear Guys,

Do you guys think is it ok to buy a used 2017 mazda cx9 as my family car. I need 7 seater as my family is expanding. I just curious about their reliability. Anyone can share with me their experience with mazda or specificly CX 9. I did some research online and it seems mazda score quite high in US consumer report. Pricing wise its around 170-180k and still cheaper than vellfire or alphard with same manufacturer year as CX9 depreciate quite a lot from 320k to 170k in 5 years.

My question is
1) Is mazda CX 9 a reliable car that as long as all services been done on time it will serve me for another 5-10 years.
Why not buy the new facelifted CX-8 top variant with 2.5T engine & AWD (same setup as CX-9)?

At least new car have peace of mind & 5 years free service & warranty. Price also not much different. About RM200k ish

This post has been edited by amscouzach57: Jul 18 2022, 05:06 PM
littlefire
post Jul 18 2022, 10:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(Strifez @ Jul 16 2022, 09:38 PM)
reliable, yes

spare part, pricier than toyota and honda, similar price to korean car, cheaper than conti car
Nop, certain parts are expensive and similar to conti car. My mechanic help change O2 sensor & some driveshalf seal before and it is similar to BMW/Merc original part price. The only cheap way is to get OEM or China imitation parts which the quality is a concern. Nowadays most high end models from Japan if compare original parts with conti the part price is quite similar already, only difference is Japanese car might last longer.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Jul 18 2022, 10:40 AM
EdEd
post Jul 18 2022, 04:54 PM

Casual
332 posts

get the new carnival
cooyard2
post Jul 20 2022, 03:17 PM

29 posts

go for toyota voxy
CommonPeople
post Aug 3 2022, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

I had this dilemma a year ago

after numerous debates and thinking, the best for value is still Toyota Vellfire.

Mazda depreciates like mad, gearbox could be an issue, parts slightly more expensive than T and H
amdxp
post Aug 3 2022, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

Go for diesel power 2.2D Sorento or Santa Fe, you won't regret it
jimmylim85
post Aug 3 2022, 10:05 PM

iPhone world....
7,665 posts

Dear Guys,

My question is
Since you have a budget of RM 170K

Have you consider Honda Stepwagon Spada / Cool Spirit Facelift 2019.

Pros
- 1.5L Honda L15B turbo engine and cheap roadtax RM 120
- two powered sliding door
- Honda Sensing
- full LCD instrument display
- rear tailgate with Waku Waku door
- 3rd row seat can be stored completely flat to the floor (Voxy can’t do that)
- facelift model 2018 and above have full LED headlight with auto high beam
- mostly Honda engine parts can be shared with local Honda turbo engine

R231_SL65_AMG
post Aug 3 2022, 10:19 PM

Casual
325 posts

Dear Guys,

My question is
First off, how many adults and children requiring a child safety seat involved here?

CX9 is a 5+2 and the 3rd isn’t really suitable for anyone other than children between 6-10 years old. It also lacks air conditioning vents in the rear, extremely important in this class of car if it’s to be used for family usage.

2nd hand Mazdas are a potential time bomb as the ATF isn’t replaced during the first 100k and both the 2.5T and 2.2D are fairly high torque engines.

I’d give it the skip as Mazda parts are expensive for a Japanese car and some parts original parts are even more expensive than VW parts.

For family usage it’s definitely better to get a MPV with sliding door.

This post has been edited by R231_SL65_AMG: Aug 3 2022, 10:20 PM
hungrygodzilla
post Aug 4 2022, 11:42 AM

Casual
456 posts

for 180k budget, you can kinda just top up abit for the new Kia Carnival? I believe used car have higher interest rate, so end of the day, net net you are not spending a lot more for a new car.

Sorry i was wrong, seems like you might need to top up quite a bit. My bad.

This post has been edited by hungrygodzilla: Aug 4 2022, 11:44 AM
littlefire
post Aug 4 2022, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

If pure family car, i would recommend as most other people here - MPV.
Mazda also got good MPV like Mazda 5, 8 & Biante.

If can top up money - New Kia Carnival seems to be the best in town now.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Aug 4 2022, 11:59 AM
Mavik
post Aug 4 2022, 07:55 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

I agree with the rest, the new Kia Carnival wins hands down for practicality and value. Whilst the CX9 is more of a 7-seater SUV, the Kia is a fully fledged MPV. This of course also means it drives like an MPV and has the characteristics of being a large vehicle on the road (think convenience for parking and manouvering around town)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:42 PM