556 posts

Price: £ 42,000

What do you think?
Watch and discuss.
Icehart
post Jul 6 2022, 12:05 AM

All Stars
14,304 posts

Decent car but I'll rather wait for 2nd generation so Toyota can iron out any issues on their first gen EV.
OrangeGrove
post Jul 6 2022, 03:18 PM

On my way
603 posts

I will wait till they put in the Solid State battery in the future since they are heavily investing in Solid State battery R&D
Less vulnerable, safer
Higher energy density
Faster charging time
Lesser degradation over time

This post has been edited by OrangeGrove: Jul 6 2022, 03:20 PM
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 7 2022, 01:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 6 2022, 03:18 PM)
I will wait till they put in the Solid State battery in the future since they are heavily investing in Solid State battery R&D
Less vulnerable, safer
Higher energy density
Faster charging time
+1

Attached Image

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 7 2022, 01:19 AM
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 7 2022, 01:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

One opinion

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/is-to...v-is-still-ages

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 7 2022, 01:14 AM
abubin
post Jul 7 2022, 05:05 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 6 2022, 03:18 PM)
Less vulnerable, safer
Higher energy density
Faster charging time
Toyota were supposed to introduce their EV lines that uses solid state battery. However, due to delays and the timeline to get new tech into mass production, it will probably be around 2025 when they will launch solid state battery car. Even that will be a low quantity launch with limited stock. Maybe by 2027, they can sell the car to mass market.
OrangeGrove
post Jul 7 2022, 08:22 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jul 7 2022, 05:05 PM)
Toyota were supposed to introduce their EV lines that uses solid state battery. However, due to delays and the timeline to get new tech into mass production, it will probably be around 2025 when they will launch solid state battery car. Even that will be a low quantity launch with limited stock. Maybe by 2027, they can sell the car to mass market.
Only Toyota hybrid to use solid state battery by 2025
Full EV remain to be seen
OrangeGrove
post Jul 7 2022, 08:29 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 7 2022, 01:10 AM)
IMHO, Toyota wasn't late in EV, they launched it just at the right time. Global EV sales is still a fraction of total car sales.

Toyota can dethrone anyone at anytime just like how Lexus took US by storm. Merc and BMW got freakout even the Germans have established so long in US.

Toyota just do things differently compared to the rest.
When everyone goes diesel, they go with hybrid.
When everyone goes turbo, they keep on improving their NA engines
And they are still the largest auto maker in the world because they do the serious stuff, not following the hype..

When Toyota is committed into something, they will come in a big wave.

These auto journalist are just sensationalizing the news.

This post has been edited by OrangeGrove: Jul 7 2022, 08:35 PM
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 7 2022, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 7 2022, 08:29 PM)
IMHO, Toyota wasn't late in EV, they launched it just at the right time. Global EV sales is still a fraction of total car sales.

Toyota can dethrone anyone at anytime just like how Lexus took US by storm. Merc and BMW got freakout even the Germans have established so long in US.

Toyota just do things differently compared to the rest.
When everyone goes diesel, they go with hybrid.
When everyone goes turbo, they keep on improving their NA engines
And they are still the largest auto maker in the world because they do the serious stuff, not following the hype..

When Toyota is committed into something, they will come in a big wave.

These auto journalist are just sensationalizing the news.
I guess it is most consumer's wish that Toyota launch EV FAST.

Because reliability which is almost synonymous with Toyota brand is what most wants in this age and time

Not the flashy EVs with so much potential that can go wrong

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 7 2022, 09:35 PM
OrangeGrove
post Jul 7 2022, 09:31 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 7 2022, 09:10 PM)
I guess it is  most  consumer's wish that Toyota launch EV FAST.

Because reliability which is almost synonymous with Toyota brand is what most what in this age and time

No the flashy EVs with so much potential that can go wrong
I guess Toyota main push will be Hybrid.. most of the market are not ready for full EV adoption, ie charging stations, price, government incentive.

EV is still a luxury in the developing world, and these are the places where Toyota has a huge market share.

Toyota is just being more pragmatic, thus they have not given up on improving their ICE and hybrid system.

This post has been edited by OrangeGrove: Jul 7 2022, 09:33 PM
TSMaybachS600
post Jul 7 2022, 09:37 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 7 2022, 09:31 PM)
I guess Toyota main push will be Hybrid.. most of the market are not ready for full EV adoption, ie charging stations, price, government incentive.

EV is still a luxury in the developing world, and these are the places where Toyota has a huge market share.

Toyota is just being more pragmatic, thus they have not given up on improving their ICE and hybrid system.
In Malaysia, EV facilities are low.
Most Governments still lobbying for Petrol companies.
OrangeGrove
post Jul 7 2022, 10:39 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(MaybachS600 @ Jul 7 2022, 09:37 PM)
In Malaysia, EV facilities are low.
Most Governments still lobbying for Petrol companies.
EV in Malaysia is pointless as majority of our electricity is still fossil fuel based. At least I think Hybrid makes more sense

Thus EV is still for the rich as it is still expensive and not that green in our Malaysia context

This post has been edited by OrangeGrove: Jul 7 2022, 10:41 PM
abubin
post Jul 8 2022, 10:57 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 7 2022, 10:39 PM)
EV in Malaysia is pointless as majority of our electricity is still fossil fuel based. At least I think Hybrid makes more sense

Thus EV is still for the rich as it is still expensive and not that green in our Malaysia context
Sorry to say Malaysia is already lacking behind it's neighbours in terms of EV adoption. That is to do with political situation here which is in a sham.

Countries like Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore and even Vietnam already started their EV initiatives by bringing in investments and introducing EV policies. In 5 year or 10 years, Malaysia who is the top country in ASEAN will drop to bottom. Really sad to see politics have so much impact in the country and it's people still believe in lies from politicians. Such a great country spoilt by a bunch of rotten eggs.

OrangeGrove
post Jul 8 2022, 03:13 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jul 8 2022, 10:57 AM)
Sorry to say Malaysia is already lacking behind it's neighbours in terms of EV adoption. That is to do with political situation here which is in a sham.

Countries like Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore and even Vietnam already started their EV initiatives by bringing in investments and introducing EV policies. In 5 year or 10 years, Malaysia who is the top country in ASEAN will drop to bottom. Really sad to see politics have so much impact in the country and it's people still believe in lies from politicians. Such a great country spoilt by a bunch of rotten eggs.
yup... partly is also due to our cheap petrol price and subsidy.
It is a controversial topic, but if we reduce or remove the petrol subsidy, I believe the adoption will be much faster. But people wont be happy and political parties are afraid of negative sentiment from the public.
Petrol price in Thailand is way higher, thus the Hybrid adoption is very high. They sell more Corolla Cross Hybrid than the non-Hybrid version.

There is not enough political will to do the right thing but fighting over their own survival..
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 10 2022, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jul 8 2022, 10:57 AM)

McKinsey & Co has a very good articles on this related subject

https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/...ng-ev-ecosystem

Attached Image Attached Image

We have low EV adoption target like Vietnam . Our target ban date on ICE is also weak. (Undefined) like Vietnam.

Our incentive although behind Thailand, are on par with Indonesia in terms of consumer subsidies and EV charging infrastructure support and wins over Vietnam at the moment

I think we need to be fair. Indonesia has announced ICE ban, we can't and we all know why. (Petronas !) Indonesia subsidies even two wheelers (electric motorcycles) so that these two wheels EV can be count in as the targets, we has not and possibly will not

We can do better, I 100% agree, but it takes two sides to tango, given subsides will not mean anything, if no takers

Ask TNB, They know how to reap those EV infrastructure support incentives but most car buyers still don't bite? Not enough first movers, nothing will change fast also.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 10 2022, 12:58 PM
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 10 2022, 12:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 8 2022, 03:13 PM)

yup... partly is also due to our cheap petrol price and subsidy.
It is a controversial topic, but if we reduce or remove the petrol subsidy, I believe the adoption will be much faster. But people wont be happy and political parties are afraid of negative sentiment from the public.
Petrol price in Thailand is way higher, thus the Hybrid adoption is very high. They sell more Corolla Cross Hybrid than the non-Hybrid version.

There is not enough political will to do the right thing but fighting over their own survival..
The pain and gain of being an oil producing country. indeed
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2022, 09:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/fiat-500-electr...0521/90521/amp/

LOL
stevenhsl2512
post Jul 21 2022, 07:54 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

Won't buy an EV in current time coz I still hope that Hydrogen car will realize as an alternative to EV.

But among all EV, probably Bz4x is the easiest one to live with. The interior is practical and similar to a petrol car, and... It is a toyota, they have proven track record with their hybrid so I think they shouldn't mess EV up.

But recently they have recall for flying wheels when driving.. oops.gif
-H[20]-
post Jul 21 2022, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

QUOTE(stevenhsl2512 @ Jul 21 2022, 07:54 AM)
Won't buy an EV in current time coz I still hope that Hydrogen car will realize as an alternative to EV.

But among all EV, probably Bz4x is the easiest one to live with. The interior is practical and similar to a petrol car, and... It is a toyota, they have proven track record with their hybrid so I think they shouldn't mess EV up.

But recently they have recall for flying wheels when driving.. oops.gif
EV cars going popular means gearbox makers Aisin is first to die

brows.gif

That explains their resistance towards EV
stevenhsl2512
post Jul 21 2022, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(-H20- @ Jul 21 2022, 09:34 AM)
EV cars going popular means gearbox makers Aisin is first to die

brows.gif

That explains their resistance towards EV
I think Taycan and Lexus UX300e comes with 2 speed gearbox. Maybe in future EV might have multiple speed gearbox like now (if the cost goes down)
Because multispeed gearbox does further improve efficiency.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28903274...n-transmission/

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:59 PM