Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester United Street Talks

views

Purpleheaven
post Aug 8 2022, 05:32 PM

20 posts

People are disappointed because preseason was so promising. But this game, mctominay was shit, so was maguire. How did these two players play in preseason. Anyone remember?
Purpleheaven
post Aug 8 2022, 05:47 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Aug 8 2022, 05:34 PM)
maguire kasi felix score, other than that, opponent striker din reli play strongly against us... so cant be judge... mctom sucks all the way in pre-season... lol... never reli rmb which match he played well, fred at least box to box still show some promises during pre-season....
Thats why lor. I see media and fans a keep blaming upper management, and yes, most of the blame is them, but ten hag also have to take some of the blame. Mctom sucks for so long, why dont just play a youngster that is willing to play his style. At least young players got the fire. If he is unable to light a fire in ANY of the young players that are at the precipice of their career, he's not that good of a manager.

He was regarded by some as one of the best managers in europe and he dont have the balls to drop a first teamer? Unless mctom keep playing like messi during training but real game suddenly talent kena suck by alien la. But at this point, havent learn lesson keep getting bluff by him is manager issue d. Also, abit useless for the manager to be clinging onto a player that does not want to play..

I wonder is upper management involved in picking the starting team....
Purpleheaven
post Aug 8 2022, 06:14 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(simmarjit @ Aug 8 2022, 06:03 PM)
Our last two games werent great so it wasnt really promising. We need signings larh.
Which is another thing. The scouts all tido ah? The transfer targets so far all just the obvious ten hag players. They cant identify anyone with potential to fit in ten hag system?
Purpleheaven
post Aug 8 2022, 11:48 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(Winter-3 @ Aug 8 2022, 08:07 PM)
You're getting your wish for us getting linked with Arnautovic and Rabiot. 

Rabiot is not obvious Ten Hag player. Seems more like long-time scouted player by the club, dating back in 2014. Rumored to have attitude problem and has his mother as his agent, infamous for that outburst in the Euros. Would Ten Hag veto this signing by the club or will he succumb to the board's panic buy?

Our board is really incompetent. Even Barca, with a million problems, managed to sign quality players to back Xavi. 

Sigh. Sad.
Hahahahah. Thats not what i meant, but it's still funny.

I meant that scouts should be finding ten hag type of players, those less well known ones. But all the transfer targets are like ten hag ownself name one. Obviously should get whoever he wants, but it looks like they dowan to join the club, so scouts should be analysing what ten hag needs and "scout" for those players. If the targets are ten hag ownself ask one, then the club paying the scouts to do what?

And if the scouts spend so long with zero suggestions then suddenly bring up rabiot and arnautovic, then should sack the whole lot. They really useless.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 9 2022, 12:05 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Aug 8 2022, 08:37 PM)

There is an argument that youth were available. There is a way to bleed youth to gradually acclimitise them to top level games. Throwing them in a game against seasoned PL pros with the expectation of 3 points is not the way. This will destroy their confidence and negatively impact their careers. Might work if they are young Messi, who himself was eased into a Barca setup by Pep.

Same players. Same failings. There will be no miracle.
Defence.

It seems whenever Brighton attacked, they had loads of space. This is because their attacking ball usually went into space behind the line and only 1 out of our 2 CBs can track back fast enough. See how many challenges Maguire had compared to Martinez. The play literally just happened around maguire without him having an impact in stopping it.

Midfield.

We have no number 6. There is no denying this fact that the last 6 we had walked out of the club last season without replacement. Fred is not a 6. He was played out of position in a 6 and struggled. McTominay played in a more advanced role but struggled to meaningfully create play. Bruno was....lost. I am of the opinion that Fred with his stamina and tenacity would have been better deployed in McTominay's position. But that would mean McTominay had to play 6, and McT is a worse 6 than Fred is. So players not being in their natural position but what is really wrong with our midfield?

Our midfield cannot do what a midfield is supposed to do. Distribution and control. Between them (McFred & Bruno), they gave the ball away almost 30 times in the match. That is an incredible stat.

We have no midfield.
Attack.

Same players. Eriksen being asked to play as a false nine. Without midfield control, we struggled to create.
Doesn't matter if we have Haaland or Nunez up front. You will not score if you don't have clear chances.

Oh. Rashford is shit.
Transfers.

The club has failed our transfers. That much is known. But one reason is why, Manchester United had since April to recruit when ETH joined but here we are in August witthout sufficient players. News coming out is suggesting the reason is transfer budget. After backing Ole to the hilt, the club has gone back to a strict transfer budget anbd to date, we are at 60M nett spend. The club does NOT want to pay for players.

That is why we do not have targets like Antony. If we had gone in early, we would have gotten him to cheaper. Instead the club waited until Ajax did all their business and the price went to 60M.

The top 2 of City and Liverpool are untouchable and yet both signed big name strikers. Our direct competitors, Spurs & Arsenal, are among the biggest spenders to date. Chelsea having started late, are buying literally everybody. And United, are spending like a mid table club. Maybe that is what we are.

Latest news is linking us to players like Arnautovic. This is a tragic failure but a symptom of the mismanagement at United. Leaving it late and then panic buying into a striker. Falcao. Cavani. Ighalo. We are going for targets because they are cheap. Not because we want them

If we buy any player in this fashion, Ralbiot or Arnautovic, I am rating our transfer business an F.
Same owners. Same failures.
I disagree about the part on youth. Well, i agree with the notion that cant throw them in straight away, but this is no longer such a situation. Ownself watch someone like mctominay play until so shit, if i were a youth player, i also face palm. There are two possibilities. Youth players should be those that are dying to fight for a chance to prove themselves, if they see mctom play like this and they dont feel like they deserve to be given a shot, they dont belong in a competitive team. Or if they are the type that shy away from a challenge to outperform mctominay, how shit are they in the first place? A proper player, even at youth level would feel like shit if they watch mctominay play like crap day in day out and yet the manager still dowan give them a chance. If among the youth dont have such a player, then yea, they are all just as bad.

Im glad you notice maguire in that manner, some people i know said maguire wasnt to blame and he was one of the better players that game. Yes, we kept seeing martinez screw up, but you know why we can see he is screwing up? Because he's always near the attack or attacking player. Just watch most of Brighton's attack, where is maguire? Nowhere near anybody important. Just follow maguire for the second goal, he kept losing his mark and just point for others to catch the players that he was suppose to be marking.

Seriously, whats so great about ten hag ah? Dowan to talk about his tactics yet, but he's choosing clearly underperforming players like he's scared of someone above. Maguire like shit, still captain. Mctominay cant do anything, and yet still cement his place. And he's still clinging onto ronaldo who clearly dowan to stay. It's really not a good sign of a good manager, or a strong manager which is needed for the current squad.

And i dont know why arnautovic. Looks like ten hag is desperate already. Just want quick mediocre success, no intention of building the team anymore....
Purpleheaven
post Aug 9 2022, 10:03 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Aug 9 2022, 07:36 AM)
If we are serious about Top 4, we need Top 4 players. If McFred is not good enough, the club needs to make Top 4 alternatives available to the manager for him to use. Who are McFred's alternatives in the squad that is proven Top 4 quality? None. This is the DoF's responsibility. We can even clear the owners of blame here as they do not look at day to day operations. This is Arnold and Murtough. The CDM position could have been fixed for as little as 20M for Bissouma as proven PL quality.

The thing about the situation is ETH is brought in to do a rebuild. Are players like Arnautovic part of United's future?
Even in their prime they weren't considered a United player. Even if he comes and does well, it is a credit to the player and his performances but does not erase the utter failure of the transfer team & DoF.
Yes, lack of top4 players is on the DOF or transfer team.

But right now, you just have to work with what you have, and find the best of what you have. Is ten hag doing that? Having no top 4 quality player is not an excuse to keep playing mcfred. Thats the wrong question. The right question is, is there mcfred alternative that is an improvement to mcfred? And you ownself see how mctom play la and you tell me how bad he is. IF none of the academy players is even on that level, then the academy is horrible already. I think youth players in mid table clubs or lower can put in a better shift than mctominay. If ten hag is only playing mctom because of his influence or first team status, like he is playing maguire because of captaincy, then that's on the manager. The Manager's job is to bring the best out of his team, and first step is to choose the best players at his disposal. What kind of rebuild if he gonna let traditions dictate his teamsheet and beg a disinterested 37 year old to stay in the club?
Purpleheaven
post Aug 9 2022, 11:50 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Aug 9 2022, 10:47 AM)
I think I understand where you are going. So I'll pull out the questions and reply here.

Is the a McFred alternative in the squad for the manager?
No. One is a Scotland International and one is a Brazilian international. The academy kids we have are not an upgrade over them. Yes I have seen our kids in pre season. Against lower league opponents they will have a chance. Against motivated PL sides running rings around Maguire, no chance. Its not our academy is bad, it's quite decent. It's our recruitment that has been bad to not give our manager options.
The manager should work with what he has .
If this is the philosophy and we accept the consequences, I have no problems. City would never appoint Pep and ask him to work with what he has but I digress. Let's say we are a club that chooses this path. I will pick a precedent, a world class manager. Klopp. Klopp's first season at Liverpool he opted to work with what he has. Liverpool finished eighth. Subsequent seasons Klopp made so many changes the entire squad changed and I think only Milner was left from the original squad. This is Klopp.

So if eighth place is an acceptable target for this season, then I have no issues. World class Klopp finished eighth, maybe if ETH can too.

It's all in the approach vs expectation. If the manager doesn't get what he wants, we shouldn't target Top 4. If club wants to target Top 4, then the manager should get some backing.
So you dont put kids who played well in preseason because they might suffer against players who can run rings around maguire. So, the solution is to play mctom who you KNOW will suffer against players that can run rings around maguire?

Now I'm talking about ten hag as a coach, not expectations vs transfers. Is the team performing at it's expected level with ten hag coaching them? Wan to say "need transfer for top4" is easy, but that has always been the case. LVG, mourinho, ralf needed transfers to be successful but instead of getting them transfers to achieve the aim, they were sacked. How come ten hag can lose to brighton and suddenly, hey, nothing to do with him, its the transfers.

I've always questioned the motivation of ten hag going to man utd, considering he only targets his ex-players, and up till now, i haven't seen any source of motivation other than money.

I mean, it's still early la, but I've always disliked how managers get too fixated on their ex-players as targets and refuse to consider other options. Plus, desperately keeping a player who dont want to stay, and one that almost nobody wants isnt a good sign. And the players dont even look better then they looked previously,perhaps even worse.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 9 2022, 11:52 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Aug 9 2022, 11:34 AM)
his size looks like he will suit to EPL... but then... his pattern and his performance in PSG and juventus... nothing excited... lol... hoping he is as good as matic during 30s, i bersyukur dah... dont expect too much than that...
I think now if anyone can masuk and be a better option to mctominay, is syukur already.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 9 2022, 08:29 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(EightPhantomz @ Aug 9 2022, 08:17 PM)
ETH knows him from playing against PSV. No need to use scouts.
Easy.
Which begs the question... What are the scouts doing? Is there even a scouting team?
Purpleheaven
post Aug 10 2022, 08:56 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(Winter-3 @ Aug 10 2022, 12:58 AM)
Does anyone see that Maguire likes to step forward, as if to "help" Fred, thus leaving space in behind him for opposition striker to run off him? When he does this, Lisandro has to cover the space he vacated, and it dragged Shaw over to cover for Lisandro, and 2 v 1 will happen on Shaw side.  He did that a lot last season and again against Brighton.  Someone should tell Maguire to stop doing that.
I've mentioned this before. Maguire is a decent centre back. He is strong, dominant in the air and very physical. What he isn't, is fast or have good positioning. So, to play to his strength, stick him in the back, let him handle crosses into the box, especially since ddg dont come out and claim very often. But instead, he plays like he's very adept at a high line. You can see if varane or martinez fail to intercept early, they often can sprint back and at least throw off the attacker. But when maguire fail his interception, you'll never see him near any threatening attacker for the rest of the attack. I would blame this on the manager set up, but i dunno why change manager but still same style. Maybe they are seeing something we aren't.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 10 2022, 09:33 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Aug 10 2022, 09:11 AM)
Thank God I am not the only one seeing this. If there is a stat for positioning Kapitan gets -5 out of 20. And if there is a stat for pace, he is around 1/20. I am 40, have a busted knee and I haven't run for 5 years. I bet I can take him on anytime, anywhere. Heck I bet my 94 year old grandma beat him in a 20m dash.
I've not had the pleasure of seeing Herr Beckenbauer play, but I can simply bet my right nut, that a god-like sweeper does NOT leave the line when being attacked. Instead he is the LAST man who brings out the ball. Lets not soil the sweeper role with the Fridge's horrible impersonation.
He's a half working CB if he just only focus on defending. But don't forget his tendency to mark his own team mates, tackle them, scorpion sting them and defeat the team's own offside trap by staying TOO LOW.

So, now the question we should ask or the journalists who have access to Erik should ask every damn week is why is Fridge playing? What is his role? What justify your salary in picking him? Why or how should the fans support the manager who does this?
Should we switch off for 5 years while waiting for this rebuild? Surely he retires by then, no matter how well or not he plays.
I mean, of course I'm not saying he's excellent. But his strengths are legitimately important for a defender, so, if no choice, the manager should focus on it. That's why he looks alright for england. Even though i dont agree with many others who says he's excellent for england, i think he's just alright for them, but somehow 3 managers cannot make him play like that for man utd.

So yes, i do feel like managing him is important so he looks at least decent and not so lost on the field. But like i said, work with what you have, if have to use him, use him efficiently. That said, i have no idea why he's still in the team sheet instead of a varane and martinez duo. Is it because he's captain and ten hag no balls to drop him? Which begs another question, why the hell is he still captain?
Purpleheaven
post Aug 10 2022, 09:35 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(silvertoes @ Aug 10 2022, 09:12 AM)
That is 18 passes for 90mins playing as midfielder..
If you think that this is new, lookup last season and the season before..

De Gea got higher passes than him.. imagine that..
Chill la. Stats arent everything. Last season i think got one Newcastle (?) player who only made 3 touches in the first half and i think 0% pass success rate but many praised him for being a thorn in the other team side. No passes nvm, as long as can contribute by harrassing, pressing, running alot, pulling players away, closing pass routes....its still okay. Although i think mctominay dont do any of that either...
Purpleheaven
post Aug 10 2022, 03:01 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Aug 10 2022, 10:33 AM)
change the series to maguire: i dont know what im doing here or there. will sub and watch for laughs.
I think can be netflix series. How maguire con his way to become a country great and captain of one of the top english sides with only mediocre skills.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 14 2022, 07:59 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(KennRicky @ Aug 14 2022, 01:58 AM)
Tbh, why we fans were so desperately wanted Ten Hag bcuz we thought he is bold, dare to drop players.
So far we are so wrong ...
This. I've been criticising ten hag for his backroom performances so far. He just doesnt look good at all. Targeting ONLY his ex players, no alternatives, still giving captaincy to maguire, still starting incompetent players and still begging a player to stay when the player already say want to leave. Most of the state of the club can blame the players, but manager still got blame to take one. He's just there for the money.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 14 2022, 08:11 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(O-haiyo @ Aug 14 2022, 07:33 AM)
real game or not, friendlies is the perfect place to show how bad the players are. why do you want to wait until the league starts? doesn't make any sense. too late.
and what has worked? din we blame the players since like forever...even before eth join us. show it friendlies maybe the transfer could have been different
I can never understand how people can believe a manager will throw games just to prove players suck. And its even more delusional if a fan uses that to defend the manager. No manager should ever do that.
Purpleheaven
post Aug 14 2022, 10:07 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(beck_ken @ Aug 14 2022, 09:05 AM)
Ole can bring this team to finish 2nd was pure luck and the team was playing behind close door. When they playing infront of live fans, they got pressure and koyak easily

DDG - his stats actually was declining over the years, the only thing that looks good on him was his saving rate, the rest was poor.

Shaw - no longer the Shawberto that we know, this season he is still out of shape

Maguire - he is only good if there are good DLP or DM infront of him, if not he got exposed left and right, up and down

Varane - injury prone, can’t get the back the best shape during his RM days

AWB - his confident, even his defence piece also questionable since last season

Dalot - not a good rb if we want to challenge. He is just good as backup

Bailly - strong, fast but sometimes he easily lost focus

Lindelof - slow, doesn’t like to throw tackles and always inviting attackers to the box

McTom - beside passions and height, he got nothing

Fred - he just not the DLP material. RR already shown how to use him but why revert him back to DLP role

Bruno - apart from first full season, he just not the Bruno that we know.

Rashford - likes to dribble into a group of defenders and then lose possession, he has the passion and skill but the mindset still shiat

Elanga - he was just a backup plan when Greenwood was caught! He not a regular starter, only good as backup

So who else? 

The board - u guys can explained better than me LOL

The manager? Maybe the shortest reign manager than Moyes. LOL

user posted image
I always hear mctom got passion, but i dont see it. Passion means you no skill but everytime you'll be chasing the ball like a mad dog. But most of the time he ball watching. He stride the field like messi off the ball, but on the ball he got nth.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0688sec    0.50    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:42 PM