5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester United Street Talks

views

statikinetic
post Aug 3 2022, 08:16 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

Dean Henderson's controversial interview out. Just look at the way previous management ran the team.
statikinetic
post Aug 3 2022, 11:30 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

One common complaint players seem to have is of broken promises. Lingard did say he was promised game time. Now Henderson said he was promised first choice goalkeeper.

From the look of things, it seems like Ole has been giving out promises wholesale and then breaking them by refusing to rotate.
statikinetic
post Aug 5 2022, 08:07 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Aug 5 2022, 02:06 AM)
Have read the article. It's an empty write-up and sensationalist in my opinion.
It doesn't say the sponsor will terminate the contract or anything. It just says they may not renew once the contract is up in 2026. Which is a consideration all sponsors go through.

Back to the team.

In terms of this transfer window, I'd give us a "C" rating for our current acquisitions.

The most chronic position needing reinforcement is the CDM, which is still unfilled. Despite our pursuit of FDJ. Chelsea, starting late in the window, are now flexing their transfer prowess hijacking deals left and right. Cucurella is the latest. Lisandro and Malacia already look good buys based on their integration in the team. Eriksen for me is an extra body in midfield to fill Mata/Lingard but I don't expect him to be a key part. If we get FDJ, I'll probably rate it as a B-. Getting a young forward like Sesko on top of that, maybe a B+. It is never going to be an A considering how late in the window we are leaving it.

For FDJ, yes it is looking absurd how long it is being held up with the player publicly not wanting to leave. Now, for United to commit to the transfer, I do believe FDJ has given personal signs to ETH in order to keep the pursuit alive. With United going all in for the FDJ transfer, one negative is it will look incredibly negative on Arnold/Murtough if FDJ doesn't arrive. Or worse, goes to another club like Chelsea.

It's not a great performance in the transfer market. We are going to rely on ETH"s tactical ability to shield the holes we cannot fill. League starts this weekend. Let's go!

statikinetic
post Aug 5 2022, 01:00 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(tzxsean @ Aug 5 2022, 12:28 PM)
tbh FFP is a joke ... with clubs like City, PSG and Barca doing all the stuffs
FFP became a joke when Man City could drag them to CAS courts and win.
Good news for Newcastle though.

The only club never to run a risk of FFP ironically is Manchester United because our owners investment into the club is zero.
statikinetic
post Aug 5 2022, 04:10 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Aug 5 2022, 03:54 PM)
what time kickoff...
9pm on Sunday.
Great time for us.
statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 07:35 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

Different opinions but come 9pm, we are full force behind the manager.
I'm hoping ETH can come up with a formation to shield our weaknesses. I'm actually looking forward to the tactics dissection!

statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 07:39 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(tzxsean @ Aug 7 2022, 07:38 PM)
Cant wait for the lineup now
Come, let's play predict the lineup!
I think CB partnership will be Maguire-Martinez.
statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 08:54 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

McFred refers to two sitting midfielders who just sit and don't go forward. ETH can play both players in different roles and it will not be the McFred we know. Let's watch the game to see how they are deployed.

Ronaldo not starting is the right thing for me. You can't just skip pre-season and expect to walk right into the starting lineup no matter how big you are. I rate Ronaldo but we have to send the right message for the future.

statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 09:05 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

First few minutes impression.

We are pressing as a team when out of possession. Bruno is no longer running alone.
McTominay is no longer sitting in the opponent's shadow when we have possession. He is in space and made a run.
Maguire's distribution has been quite good in spreading play.

statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 09:11 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

It's not the typical McFred formation.
Fred looks to be sitting. McTominay is really high up.
statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 09:24 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

Promising counter. Too bad Eriksen's finish was soft.
statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 09:41 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Aug 7 2022, 09:39 PM)
game over 0-2
who is the problem now?
The problem is we don't seem to have a midfield.
It's like we didn't buy a holding midfielder.
statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 10:08 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

I'm rather calm about all this.
First match of the season without our primary transfer targets is probably a bit early.
statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 10:12 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

United look to be shifting to a front four formation.
statikinetic
post Aug 7 2022, 11:23 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(natx001 @ Aug 7 2022, 11:17 PM)
Another pansy VDB fan
Pssst he is shite and loves it in the shitter
I understand the frustration but this thread isn't to let it out on people.
statikinetic
post Aug 8 2022, 09:53 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

I think we are all talking about the right things. Can't type much on mobile, hope to pull everything into context later when I'm him on the desktop.
statikinetic
post Aug 8 2022, 08:37 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

There has been a barrage of criticism after the first game of the season. While some may say it is too early, when we view it last season against the lens of our transfers, it is a perfectly logical result. The weaknesses of the team are still there. Main issues were not fully addressed. And amidst the histrionics of the loss and witch hunting towards various parties, who is really the bad guy here? ETH for his selection? The players for their performance? The club for their management or the owners?

Let's look at it based on the setup for the match against Brighton.

Players available for selection

If I were to tell you at the end of last season that we will start this season with one new player in defence and one player played out of position in a false nine, there would be common condemnation that the club has failed to recruit. That is the core issue at the heart of the loss. The same players that failed last season were made available to the manager with no alternatives brought in. Despite almost 10 players leaving. McFred started because there was no natural 6 in the team with Matic gone. The same attackers started in hope they can be different. They weren't.

There is an argument that youth were available. There is a way to bleed youth to gradually acclimitise them to top level games. Throwing them in a game against seasoned PL pros with the expectation of 3 points is not the way. This will destroy their confidence and negatively impact their careers. Might work if they are young Messi, who himself was eased into a Barca setup by Pep.

Same players. Same failings. There will be no miracle.

Defence.

I think despite the criticism, DDG was well beaten by both goals. He was the busier of the 2 GKs, through no fault of his own. We can start to criticise his distribution but that is bordering on bias considering there are bigger issues elsewhere. Shaw and Dalot both had an off day. We should really look into the contents of Maguire's contract. I really do believe there is a "Captain" clause and a "Plays Whenever Fit" clause. The issue defensively was that we were playing a high line with one of the slowest defenders in the League, Maguire. Notice how Martinez was running so many borderline challenges? Because he was tasked with covering his defensive partner.

It seems whenever Brighton attacked, they had loads of space. This is because their attacking ball usually went into space behind the line and only 1 out of our 2 CBs can track back fast enough. See how many challenges Maguire had compared to Martinez. The play literally just happened around maguire without him having an impact in stopping it.

Varane-Martinez would have been a better option to play the high line. Why Varane was not played and Maguire was instead leads me to believe there are off the field considerations at play.

Midfield.

We have no number 6. There is no denying this fact that the last 6 we had walked out of the club last season without replacement. Fred is not a 6. He was played out of position in a 6 and struggled. McTominay played in a more advanced role but struggled to meaningfully create play. Bruno was....lost. I am of the opinion that Fred with his stamina and tenacity would have been better deployed in McTominay's position. But that would mean McTominay had to play 6, and McT is a worse 6 than Fred is. So players not being in their natural position but what is really wrong with our midfield?

Our midfield cannot do what a midfield is supposed to do. Distribution and control. Between them (McFred & Bruno), they gave the ball away almost 30 times in the match. That is an incredible stat.

We have no midfield.

Attack.

Same players. Eriksen being asked to play as a false nine. Without midfield control, we struggled to create.
Doesn't matter if we have Haaland or Nunez up front. You will not score if you don't have clear chances.

Oh. Rashford is shit.

Transfers.

The club has failed our transfers. That much is known. But one reason is why, Manchester United had since April to recruit when ETH joined but here we are in August witthout sufficient players. News coming out is suggesting the reason is transfer budget. After backing Ole to the hilt, the club has gone back to a strict transfer budget anbd to date, we are at 60M nett spend. The club does NOT want to pay for players.

That is why we do not have targets like Antony. If we had gone in early, we would have gotten him to cheaper. Instead the club waited until Ajax did all their business and the price went to 60M.

The top 2 of City and Liverpool are untouchable and yet both signed big name strikers. Our direct competitors, Spurs & Arsenal, are among the biggest spenders to date. Chelsea having started late, are buying literally everybody. And United, are spending like a mid table club. Maybe that is what we are.

Latest news is linking us to players like Arnautovic. This is a tragic failure but a symptom of the mismanagement at United. Leaving it late and then panic buying into a striker. Falcao. Cavani. Ighalo. We are going for targets because they are cheap. Not because we want them

If we buy any player in this fashion, Ralbiot or Arnautovic, I am rating our transfer business an F.

Same owners. Same failures.

statikinetic
post Aug 8 2022, 08:55 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

Talking about Fellaini and the posts mentioning Scholes criticising McT for playing facing his own goal.

Playing facing your own goal is effective depending on the setup and how your team plays. It's not enough to just criticise it, but needs to be criticised based on the context at play. Some of the famous strikers in history played a lot facing their own goal most of the time to hold up play.

One such player for us was Fellaini. He was at his most effective playing facing our goal to be the target man for high balls to his chest.

statikinetic
post Aug 8 2022, 09:11 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(damnself @ Aug 8 2022, 09:06 PM)
Nobody discredit Fellaini contribution but we are Manchester United. We target Kroos and get Fellaini.

Now we target FDJ and we got?

That’s how low we are compare to Manchester City and Liverpool. Best players go to Manchester City and Liverpool.
I think Fellaini was one season before Kroos in 2013.
United missed all our targets in 2013 and had to go back to buy Fellaini. The late timing also meant that Fellaini's clause had increased and we actually paid more for him than if we had gone in a few weeks earlier.

Then in 2014, Moyes actually came to a verbal agreement with Kroos to join United. Moyes getting the sack meant Kroos deal was off and he instead joined Real.

statikinetic
post Aug 8 2022, 09:19 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(tzxsean @ Aug 8 2022, 09:13 PM)
Seems like man utd can only do A or B at one time

So would u guys prefer man utd not signing any one except the right player?

Or accept signings like Rabiet and Arnautovic
My thoughts, our car has a broken 19 inch rim.
Don't buy any rims, car doesn't work and cannot move. United have done this to save money.
Buy a cheap 14 inch rim and install in the 19 inch slot, car doesn't drive right and can cause an accident. United also has done this plenty of times.

My preference is to give our driver the rim he needs even if we have to pay over market price for it.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0565sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2022 - 03:53 AM