5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester United Street Talks

views

statikinetic
post Jul 9 2022, 09:15 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(arinpresto @ Jul 9 2022, 08:00 AM)
Official new kit out now.

Sancho, bruno, mctom, wanB jadi model.

Ronaldo also is in too.

Indicate stay for this season?
Photoshoot was done weeks ago.
No bearing on the transfers.
statikinetic
post Jul 10 2022, 01:26 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Jul 10 2022, 01:17 PM)
Relax mancs
It is not 11:59pm 31.08.2022 yet
No worry tongue.gif
Aug 7 is our opening game against Brighton.
Followed by Aug 14 against Brentford.

Then on Aug 23rd it is Liverpool at Old Trafford.

statikinetic
post Jul 10 2022, 06:40 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(Winter-3 @ Jul 10 2022, 03:43 PM)
I don't quite understand why players want to stay/join Barca when they are struggling to even pay the salary to the point where players had to defer it for years to come. 

I suspected FdJ wanted to stay only to get back his deferred salary but Raphina, Lewan, etc still want to join a club that doesn't pay players salary.
Legacy is strong.
Like us here keep supporting United despite the club being badly run for ages.

statikinetic
post Jul 10 2022, 09:02 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(Winter-3 @ Jul 10 2022, 07:20 PM)
Supporting the club, yes I can understand. But these players are essentially employees.  I can't imagine myself wanting to continue working for my employer who has continually lowering/not paying my wages monthly no matter how legendary the employer is.  Most likely, I will bring this to the labour office attention.  But then again, these are football players, maybe their contracts and working culture are different from me.
These footballers are milionaires. They aren't struggling to put food on the table so their motivation after earning that money may be the environment they are in.
Their wages are not being continually lowered. If anything, like FDJ, the wages are contractually obligated to increase year on year.
The non payment of the wages is based on a contractual agreement to defer the payments to a later date. This is debt on the club's books. Money will be paid.

Barcelona are still a force of the football club. Economically, the only area they are struggling with are keeping the wages to within La Liga new restrictions.
statikinetic
post Jul 11 2022, 07:42 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(silvertoes @ Jul 11 2022, 07:33 PM)

Got GNev protection and approval too..
Maguire got GNev's United DNA stamp of approval.
statikinetic
post Jul 14 2022, 09:40 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Jul 14 2022, 09:29 AM)
Lisandro - I'm thinking even Varane got bullied in EPL, now we want a smaller and shorter dude??? Well seriously a grandma is better than a fridge so ok lah.
Lisandro is targeted for his ability to pass the ball off the back line. Ten Hag probably realised the issue that our defence cannot seem to distribute the ball to the second line, resulting in added pressure against pressing teams.
statikinetic
post Jul 14 2022, 10:23 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Jul 14 2022, 09:52 AM)
we also need the CB that is not prone to mistakes and own goals, quick in a turn, don't get turned, aware of the game and positioning, won't self release the offside trap.
Describe our Captain without naming him. biggrin.gif
statikinetic
post Jul 14 2022, 05:14 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Jul 14 2022, 04:16 PM)
Got 17m loyalty so much ah. No wonder he don't want leave
I'd wear a Liverpool jersey for 17m.
statikinetic
post Jul 15 2022, 07:23 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

statikinetic
post Jul 16 2022, 10:24 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

I am hoping ETH will be the man that finally pieces the bedrock of the team together. The base of the team was never stable enough to build play on.
These are our transfers since 2019, we have defenders in every year. Mourinho was the one highlighting the defensive frailty back in 2018. Just defending is not good enough, from last year the pattern has been bringing in defenders with ball playing abilities.

Back in 2019, our emphasis was pure defendeing and the English passport. So the CB + FB acquisition was Maguire & AWB.
Now, we have also bought a CB + FB. But the characteristics are different now. The similarity between the two are both have the ability to advance the ball.

2019 - Maguire & AWB
2020 - Telles
2021 - Varane
2022 - Malacia & Lisandro
statikinetic
post Jul 17 2022, 02:43 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

Let's talk about VDB.

The VDB today is different from the VDB that joined us 2 seasons ago. The current VDB has his confidence shot and requires some reintegration into the team. So confidence levels plays a part.
Is VDB good? Well, he is good enough to be part of a CL semifinal side with Ajax. So I guess he is the type of player that requires a certain fit into a team to perform. He is a movement player, a pass and go.

With McFred in the midfield, Manchester United has never been able to play pass and go. Heck, we struggled to even pass. Can Bruno play pass and go? Definitely. But Bruno is at times so isolated and needs to hunt the ball so deep that he ends up trying those hollywood passes. So to utilize players who want to be part of passing patterns, you first need a passing base. Our defence was never able to do that. our midfield is never able to do that. I am hoping this season that we can. So hopefully, we give VDB a few games and then judge him on those.

It's not enough to call VDB good or shit. We need to be specific. Like when calling McTominay shit in the CDM position, it is specifically because he doesn't open himself to passes out of defence and helps with the distribution. This breaks down build-up play and we don't need a pure destroyer in our midfield. Many a time, we see McTominay in the shadow of an opposition player when our defence is looking for options to pass to. So opposition doesn't need to mark McTominay, he marks himself out of the game.

statikinetic
post Jul 17 2022, 06:40 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Jul 17 2022, 03:01 PM)
Simple. If eth no use vdb when season start, then he not good enough or not fit in team. Eth is the best manager for vdb
I would think so too. If ETH cannot make VDB work, perhaps we call it a day on his time at the club.
Just not the right fit.
statikinetic
post Jul 19 2022, 07:57 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(silvertoes @ Jul 19 2022, 12:51 AM)

Just pay whatever Barca owe him as a signing bonus.. or up the transfer fee..
Back the manager all the way..
Yes. ETH has literally done everything but come out and spell it explicitly that FDJ is the centerpiece of the team.
Alternatives just aren't at the same level. It really is in the club's hands.

We can only say ETH has been given a fair chance if the club gets FDJ.
Otherwise, the manager will have the answer for club management's failures again. The cycle repeats.

statikinetic
post Jul 19 2022, 10:44 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Jul 19 2022, 09:00 AM)
Based on what we interpret as ETH's intense and single minded desire for Frenkie, wouldn't it be acceptable to pay the 17M Euros premium to release Frenkie? What is really another 20M when you think about success vs failure in football. Unless Frenkie really doesn't want to come at any price. Which means we are chasing the wind.

Then we are all watching a maestro conduct an orchestra without a first violin, ie might as well forget it.

I'm of the opinion (which everyone can ignore) that this boy perhaps really does not want to come, but is slyly encouraging his old boss to come and get him, but is just using this poor sod to get what he wants (backdated $$$ of course). Again, this has happened before. And will happen again.

Isn't it more like ETH just trying to lay the frameworks of excuses for his own potential failure by pre-blaming the club not being able to secure the services of 1 single individual?
Last question first. I don't think ETH is pre-empting an excuse. Its going to be the sack if it doesn't work out, excuse or no. I think it is fair for him to state the most important component he needs. Getting that component is the responsibility of the club.

On paying the 17m, I think club management doesn't want to look like they are incapable of making deals and they have a responsibility of safeguarding the club financials.

We need FDJ to drive the midfield. There are not many capable of running the engine in the principles of positional play that ETH wants to implement. In chasing for a player, there is always the risk that the player doesn't want to come. But what we can do is make the best effort to try so we have a chance of getting the best. It's been a long time since we tried to get the best.

statikinetic
post Jul 19 2022, 04:27 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(beck_ken @ Jul 19 2022, 03:55 PM)
With the current defenders, I rate Maguire even behind Lindelof

Varane/Lindelof/Maguire - these 3 are similar type

Martinez/Bailly/Jones - these 3 are similar type

Martinez/Bailly x Varane/Lindelof any days

Maguire can keep that captain armband and sit on the bench, maybe sub him in during rubbish time
Martinez is a baller. You put him together with Bailly and Jones ah? biggrin.gif
statikinetic
post Jul 21 2022, 07:56 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(Daimoku @ Jul 20 2022, 06:27 PM)
I thought FDJ deal failed dy...if can surely want him..
FDJ deal is not failed.
Barca has already accepted a 75M + 10M add ons transfer proposal from Manchester United last week.

It is only held up at the player side; as FDJ is making a public stance that he does not want to leave perhaps due to his deferred wages is still not resolvd with the club.
What is true and what is not are all rumours for now. We wait.
statikinetic
post Jul 26 2022, 03:03 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

It's not FDJ's fault. It's Barca trying to screw him over. To the point Barca is asking United to pay the deferred wages.

Plus Barca not using part of the transfer fee to pay the deferred wages but to buy other players and leave FDJ hanging is disgusting in itself.

statikinetic
post Jul 27 2022, 09:21 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(silvertoes @ Jul 27 2022, 12:10 AM)
Both things can be right..

If u track back the story, CR7 told his agent to find him a new club and submit a transfer request to United..
Then the week before United squad go to pre-season tour, he took leave of absence because of family matters..

Throughout his career he didnt show that he is that kind of a guy that using family emergency as an excuse just to get out of professional  responsibilities..
For example, back in 2005 he played for his national team the next day after receiving news of his father's death..

None of us here would like to be accused of using family issue as an excuse cause that is implying that we are that scumbag kind of person..
Yes. It is normal to come up with these explanations like family issue when you want to exit.

CR7 is well within his right to leave. He has done his part last season. It is Manchester United who have failed him. And by that I don't mean poor performances that nobody wants. I mean the club decision to throw away the season at midway by weakening the team and not strengthening to push for 4th. And expected, we don't have CL football. This is a club decision.

And maybe it's no coincidence that United only started to make transfers when CR7 went public with concerns of our ambitions.

statikinetic
post Jul 31 2022, 10:04 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

The Garner-VDB-Eriksen midfield should be interesting.
statikinetic
post Aug 1 2022, 11:08 AM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

For your folks mentioning a loan move for Laird, there are discussions with Watford on a loan move.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0800sec    0.05    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2022 - 03:36 AM