Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car engine head/block overhaul - engine overheat, Toyota Vios 2016

views

zeng
post Aug 12 2022, 05:46 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

SS16 Toyota Sc has messed up this 2016 'new' vios engine big time and bluffed/conned/mislead as if TS is a big bloody fool.....
setting a trap for TS to jump into by recommending outside workshop repair/engine overhaul...
washing their dirty hands , clean.

TS seems to become like a fool for swallowing lock stock and barrel all the b*llshit from SS16 Sc repeatedly and appears to be defensive of Pembohong SC.

Good luck, TS.

This post has been edited by zeng: Aug 12 2022, 05:47 PM
TSDarkspreader
post Aug 12 2022, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Aug 12 2022, 05:46 PM)
SS16 Toyota Sc has messed up this 2016 'new' vios engine big time and bluffed/conned/mislead as if TS is a big bloody fool.....
setting a trap for TS to jump into by recommending outside workshop repair/engine overhaul...

TS seems to become like a fool for swallowing lock stock and barrel all the b*llshit from SS16 Sc repeatedly and appears to be defensive of Pembohong SC.

Good luck, TS.
Thanks, but I'm not defending the SC la. I'm quite convinced those cb gave me defective thermostat.

I went to another diff workshop this morning, they aso say high chance thermostat. Bcos they say to test enjin need thermostat to be working properly first before they can test.

Already arranged with the Ss15 SC to change a new thermostat for me. I want to watch them do it this time and make sure they don't fuck me up again.

PaperClip224
post Aug 12 2022, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

be careful with SC ... i also kena like you (forgot to add, vios 2013)
Drove, then suddenly aircond no longer cool (i drive penang - ipoh all the time) .. and then engine heat suddenly on .. and off .. when traffic jam - lights on

so do everything i know regarding heating (check water level etc) - all looks ok .. took it to SC (Penang Perda) - and that fella say - this and that damage - and total repair is MYR 4000+ ...

immediately told him to stop work - i will ask for second opinion - moment i arrive there, they say already do "minor" service - need to charge myr 900+ with a notation inside saying i refuse to proceed repair with the damaged cooling units of my car and i understood the risk

took my car out - check, just that the fan is weak .. so just change the fan unit only .. now 3 years later still no problem ... the mechanic say, the fans also dont easily damage one, usually for toyota will last 10 years + (i suspect that fella in SC must have done something to it)

This post has been edited by PaperClip224: Aug 12 2022, 05:58 PM
zeng
post Aug 12 2022, 06:00 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(Darkspreader @ Aug 12 2022, 05:50 PM)
Thanks, but I'm not defending the SC la. I'm quite convinced those cb gave me defective thermostat.

I went to another diff workshop this morning, they aso say high chance thermostat. Bcos they say to test enjin need thermostat to be working properly first before they can test.

Already arranged with the Ss15 SC to change a new thermostat for me. I want to watch them do it this time and make sure they don't fuck me up again.
Mark my word, replacing a new thermostat will NOT work today as your vios engine has overheated.

For the sake of your wallet, and other Toyota car owners, don't let them wash their hands off on this Vios trouble by getting outside workshop involved!

Hold them tight to the trouble as SS16 Sc is solely responsible for the whole bloody mess!
TSDarkspreader
post Aug 12 2022, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(PaperClip224 @ Aug 12 2022, 05:56 PM)
Drove, then suddenly aircond no longer cool (i drive penang - ipoh all the time) .. and then engine heat suddenly on .. and off .. when traffic jam - lights on

so do everything i know regarding heating (check water level etc) - all looks ok .. took it to SC (Penang Perda) - and that fella say - this and that damage - and total repair is MYR 4000+ ...

immediately told him to stop work - i will ask for second opinion - moment i arrive there, they say already do "minor" service - need to charge myr 900+ with a notation inside saying i refuse to proceed repair with the damaged cooling units of my car and i understood the risk

took my car out - check, just that the fan is weak .. so just change the fan unit only .. now 3 years later still no problem ... the mechanic say, the fans also dont easily damage one, usually for toyota will last 10 years + (i suspect that fella in SC must have done something to it)
Yup, when i brought to outside workshop, first thing the foreman ask me is when the engine overheat, i got continue driving? And if yes, did I drive until the engine shut down by itself? Answer is no.

Then the foreman say impossible engine spoil so easily...because everything else seems fine and no issue with the engine oil & everything.

After this issue resolve i not going to send my car to SC for service anymore since my car also no longer under warranty. At least not the Ss15 SC, reli poor workmanship & dishonest.
TSDarkspreader
post Aug 12 2022, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Aug 12 2022, 06:00 PM)
Mark my word, replacing a new thermostat will NOT work today as your vios engine has overheated.

For the sake of your wallet, and other Toyota car owners, don't let them wash their hands off on this Vios trouble by getting outside workshop involved!

Hold them tight to the trouble as SS16 Sc is solely responsible for the whole bloody mess!
Once they replace the thermostat for me I will insist and get them to test for me until the car works fine. If really something wrong with the engine, I wont let them was hand off this matter.

Lucky thing is i go to outside workshops for checking only, they didn't replace any parts.
Balanced
post Aug 12 2022, 06:17 PM

On my way
688 posts

Wow is toyota sc such a conman? Need to complain to toyota japan already. Gv them a big slap
TSDarkspreader
post Aug 12 2022, 06:21 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Balanced @ Aug 12 2022, 06:17 PM)
Wow is toyota sc such a conman? Need to complain to toyota japan already. Gv them a big slap
Guess i was a fool also to trust them so much in the beginning...should have been more skeptic.

After this i boikot 9 Toyota SC edi
littlefire
post Aug 12 2022, 06:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

If your car already out of warranty and did not got full complete/punctual/on-time service record with Toyota SC. Good luck complaining it.
TSDarkspreader
post Aug 12 2022, 06:26 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Aug 12 2022, 06:21 PM)
If your car already out of warranty and did not got full complete/punctual/on-time service record with Toyota SC. Good luck complaining it.
Out of warranty already, but separate issue.

I bring my car for them to service on-time for 5 years. Problem now is they give me faulty thermostat which might have potentially damaged my engine because they couldn't be bothered to test properly after installing it even after they took 5 days just to replace a thermostat.

Even if i end up not getting compensated i want to give them trouble. Not gonna let them off so easily
Roadwarrior1337
post Aug 12 2022, 06:34 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

In my experience u need to get good work shop to check for you.

I had a provlem which was misteri with my previous car. Everytime i boost or drive hard, coolant will go missing. Check entire cooling system no issue. Do pressure test no issue basically do everything cannot find issues then my mech send my car to sifu who then said the block has slightly warped and coolant is evaporating due to heat.

He took the engine apart, Sanded down the block a little until fully even and for the next 3 year under my owneship coolant has not gone missing

This is an example why u pay more for experience and skillset and send your car to sifu workshop

For toyota im not sure who is the sifu but maybe ask forum etc for contact or Facebook owner group
LA773
post Aug 24 2022, 02:23 AM

Enthusiast
943 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Aug 12 2022, 05:46 PM)

Good luck, TS.
QUOTE(Darkspreader @ Aug 12 2022, 05:50 PM)

QUOTE(PaperClip224 @ Aug 12 2022, 05:56 PM)

Seems that toyota sc is not a real expert at all
Especially when it comes to aircond & cooling system

I think better go outside workshop for these 2 items
I think so, as when I service my wife vios a month ago... They never recommended to flush and change out the coolant, its after 6 yrs, 50K mileage... Just top up once before.. Thats it

Aircond only once, top up compressor oil
Never done flushing or any cleaning servicing at all.
Normally those with little car knowledge or mostly ladies will go SC for piece of mind.. But seems its not

Only pro is they are guaranteed ori parts

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:24 AM