Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Domain/Web/Email Shared Hosting Recommendation, For SME Business

views

TS-=XJackX=-
post Jun 23 2022, 04:50 PM, updated 4d ago

27 posts

Hi guys, I am looking for a shared hosting provider for a SME company website and also to host company email. I done a lot of research on these but just end up with more questions so hopefully can get some help here.

Here are some info on the SME company requirement:
- Static website with about 10 pages
- Email account for 5 - 10 users, 2 - 5GB storage each
- Reliable web and email hosting service
- Mainly Malaysia audience
- Have as much control over the domain, web and email as possible

So far, I have reduced my choice to these web hosting providers:
- Exabyte
- Shinjiru
- Serverfreak
- YeahHost

I was more towards Shinjiru in the beginning but only realized they exclude a lot of basic features and protection such as against spam and DDOS without paying extra. Also, they all have mix review on several aspect from uptime to support.

I would like to know what is your view on these and if you are hosting something similar, which provider did you use?

I'm also debating if want to consider some other providers that have no .MY domain as you can get more choice and freedom when come to migration should the current service is bad. Basically the current available domain name choice will be either www.yourcompany.com.my OR www.your-company.com. So I want to know, what is your take on this and why?

And lastly, some source suggested that it is better to host your website and email from separate provider. I have come accrose Zoho and NameCheap for this but want to see if there are other better option out there if you guys are using one.

Oh, and if you did self-host your website/email, it would be great to know your experience if you don't mind to share, can be good for some DIY-er too.
ladycooper
post Jun 23 2022, 07:11 PM

Enthusiast
873 posts

I would like to know what is your view on these and if you are hosting something similar, which provider did you use?
>> May be you can also read for Google Review from customer from all the service provider you are considering.

I'm also debating if want to consider some other providers that have no .MY domain as you can get more choice and freedom when come to migration should the current service is bad. Basically the current available domain name choice will be either www.yourcompany.com.my OR www.your-company.com. So I want to know, what is your take on this and why?
>> Domain ext will not affect where you can host in the future. 1 thing very important is to check and make sure you are the owner of your domain name and not the service provider. You register the domain name using your company name and company email address as Admin Contact. So that you have the privilege to login to your domain control panel to change anything you like in the future.

And lastly, some source suggested that it is better to host your website and email from separate provider. I have come accrose Zoho and NameCheap for this but want to see if there are other better option out there if you guys are using one.
>> Everything have its good and bad. More and more users or company also looking for more digital / virtual work collaboration tools on top of just normal email communication. You can consider to host your website with the hosting provider you like and consider to go for M365 or Google WorkSpace which you have more tools for you to communicate more effectively within your internal team member.

Oh, and if you did self-host your website/email, it would be great to know your experience if you don't mind to share, can be good for some DIY-er too.
>> More and more users go for webmail instead of checking email using additional layer of email client like Outlook/Thunderbird.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th June 2022 - 12:44 AM