Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Simple wedding questions

views

TSPurpleheaven
post Jun 21 2022, 11:17 AM, updated 2w ago

0 posts

Hi, I'm getting married soon, holding a wedding dinner, typical chinese style. But no morning ceremony and all that, just the dinner.

My question is, is there a place to only rent a gown without all the packages and whatnots. Not even sure we will need a photographer. Is there a studio that offers just one gown rental (may not even want to change gown halfway). At most, a package with just photography during dinner. Makeup and hairdo included will be good, otherwise, where can i hire makeup artist just for the night?

Secondly, any recommendations on a website or tool to help collate attendance? Wont be a huge wedding, the space only fit 20 tables and I'm quite sure we wont be able to fill that those tables anyway. Older folks and family attending will be invited and handled by my elders, so i just need to organise my friends attendance. Initial plan would be just to invite via whatsapp and collate one by one, but is there an easier way?

Edit: sorry, forgot to indicate location. Will be held in johor bahru.

This post has been edited by Purpleheaven: Jun 21 2022, 11:35 AM
teslaman
post Jun 21 2022, 11:27 AM

Casual
424 posts

yes, got place package all in dress gown and photographer. go cheap option, or hire freelancer to cut cost.
kuntilanak
post Jun 21 2022, 11:32 AM

Enthusiast
862 posts

my friend does freelance weeding photography. you can consider his service. smile.gif

His website
zero5177
post Jun 21 2022, 11:38 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,079 posts

Yes there is, just don't go to those wedding service provider, go look for places where they rent gown/night dress, usually rent 3 days, 1st day collect, 2nd day wedding and 3rd day for returning.

makeup artist I believe there's a lot freelance available.

Take note on the photographer, because usually Videographer & Photographer are charged separately, of course there'll be some freelancer who willing to take both on their own, but usually is 2 diiferent people at different rate.

TSPurpleheaven
post Jun 21 2022, 11:58 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Jun 21 2022, 11:38 AM)
Yes there is, just don't go to those wedding service provider, go look for places where they rent gown/night dress, usually rent 3 days, 1st day collect, 2nd day wedding and 3rd day for returning.

makeup artist I believe there's a lot freelance available.

Take note on the photographer, because usually Videographer & Photographer are charged separately, of course there'll be some freelancer who willing to take both on their own, but usually is 2 diiferent people at different rate.
Ooo, yea, i was just wondering if there are those gown rental places because all i usually see are those wedding packages shop. Anyway to discern between those two types of shops?
zero5177
post Jun 21 2022, 12:07 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,079 posts

QUOTE(Purpleheaven @ Jun 21 2022, 11:58 AM)
Ooo, yea, i was just wondering if there are those gown rental places because all i usually see are those wedding packages shop. Anyway to discern between those two types of shops?
Yes there is, just need to search around, they are less obvious like usually stationed above shop lots etc because they wasn't a wedding service provider. Try search for Dress Renting Service online you'll find plenty.
fearless_kiki
post Jun 23 2022, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

Photographer
WilSon Photography

Makeup artist
Elaine Yap makeup

Gown Rental
Dressaville
Etoilee Bridal

Shoes
Raymond Wong and U
Blofeld
post Yesterday, 08:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,016 posts

bridal boutiques offer rental of tuxedos and gowns

i remember rented tuxedo from there many years ago (not my wedding and not paid by me).

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th June 2022 - 02:37 PM