Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Life Hacks: Apple Shortcuts/Automation List, Come & share some useful Automations!

views

TSmiyakochan89
post Jun 15 2022, 01:05 PM, updated 2y ago

Wut?
6,615 posts

Hello all, please share some of your best used shortcuts/automations (with links if you download or can search in the gallery)

Cause there are way too many iPhone models threads and some automations are shared everywhere so come and share some of yours that you always use that make your life so much better!

Thanks!
lattemild
post Jun 16 2022, 08:11 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

Get notified when your phone is fully charged or to the limit you have set...

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2021/08/23/ho...-fully-charged/
shockk
post Jun 30 2022, 10:05 AM

[ T A R G E T - L 0 C K E D ]
Group Icon
VIP
11,692 posts

QUOTE(lattemild @ Jun 16 2022, 08:11 AM)
Get notified when your phone is fully charged or to the limit you have set...

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2021/08/23/ho...-fully-charged/
This trick is just awesome! Thanks for sharing! 🤩🫡😇
lattemild
post Jul 2 2022, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

This is an article about Voice Isolation on iphones While you're at it, notice the Effects icon next to the Mic mode icon. Tap the Effects icon and choose Portrait mode. Now the background of your video call is blurred.... give these two tips a try...!

https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/app...-on-video-calls

Hope you find them useful! Good luck!
shockk
post Jul 6 2022, 01:23 PM

[ T A R G E T - L 0 C K E D ]
Group Icon
VIP
11,692 posts

QUOTE(lattemild @ Jul 2 2022, 09:52 PM)
This is an article about Voice Isolation on iphones While you're at it, notice the Effects icon next to the Mic mode icon. Tap the Effects icon and choose Portrait mode. Now the background of your video call is blurred.... give these two tips a try...!

https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/app...-on-video-calls
Hope you find them useful! Good luck!
Voice Isolation only works for FaceTime calls, right? If only it could work for everything including regular calls, WhatsApp calls etc
lattemild
post Jul 6 2022, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(shockk @ Jul 6 2022, 01:23 PM)
Voice Isolation only works for FaceTime calls, right? If only it could work for everything including regular calls, WhatsApp calls etc
Has personally tested on Facetime and Whatsapp videocalls....it works. Plus the Effects feature. You get portrait mode features....a bokeh background!

You can try this out with a friend nearby (also using an iphone) doing video calls.

Cheers!
VForValentine P
post Oct 1 2022, 01:58 AM

Probation
14 posts

try the Water Eject shortcut. If your iphone got water damage or water stuck inside like what I experience before during rain time, water damage the mic. That moment i was thinking to send to service centre for warranty claim, but luckily found this Shortcut ''water eject'', its actually using sound wave to push the water out of your phone and everything works normally after the ejection process.
Rainings
post Oct 10 2022, 01:16 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

guys, suddenly my shortcut notification sound shockingly loud after I adjusted the sound ringer on the settings page. But I've since then set it back to default.

Now, when my phone it fully charged, the siri voice just way too loud. There is no way I can lower it back. Even I test run on the shortcuts app it's crazy loud. Any way to fix it? Restarting the phone doesn't help. I'm still on iOS 15 tho..

Edit: Solved it, when siri speak, press volume button to lower down the volume

This post has been edited by Rainings: Oct 10 2022, 01:27 PM
Rainings
post Nov 4 2022, 02:29 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

Is that any way to create a shortcut on the screen, when I click the shortcut it will turn off the screen.
I have this on android, it is just a shortcut or widget that you can add it to your home screen. when I click it, the phone will turn off the screen and lock it. It is so damn convenient.

I know there is an assistive touch floating bubble, but I have to click 3 times in order to turn off the screen. click bubble> click device> click lock screen.

Or double tap back on the phone to trigger lock screen. But still it can't beat the one touch lock screen shortcut.

Is that any solution that can create a lock screen shortcut like android?
epsilon_chinwk86
post Nov 4 2022, 03:04 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(Rainings @ Nov 4 2022, 02:29 PM)
Is that any way to create a shortcut on the screen, when I click the shortcut it will turn off the screen.
I have this on android, it is just a shortcut or widget that you can add it to your home screen. when I click it, the phone will turn off the screen and lock it. It is so damn convenient.

I know there is an assistive touch floating bubble, but I have to click 3 times in order to turn off the screen. click bubble> click device> click lock screen.

Or double tap back on the phone to trigger lock screen. But still it can't beat the one touch lock screen shortcut.

Is that any solution that can create a lock screen shortcut like android?
Mine is only 2 steps. Bubble -> lock screen. is it because you have multiple Apple device connected?
Rainings
post Nov 4 2022, 03:28 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

QUOTE(epsilon_chinwk86 @ Nov 4 2022, 03:04 PM)
Mine is only 2 steps. Bubble -> lock screen. is it because you have multiple Apple device connected?
Nope, by default, it required 3 steps, and I hate that floating bubble on my screen.
lattemild
post Nov 7 2022, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

I thought one can use the side button to turn off the screen?

And if you want to turn it on, use the "Raise to wake" feature. Enable it in Seiings/Display and Brightness and scroll down to toggle on Raise to wake. Once it is set, simply turn your phone face down. Wait for about a few seconds later and turn it upside and your phone screen would light up.

Hope this is what you wanted...
SUSimbashiter P
post Nov 8 2022, 02:36 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(VForValentine @ Oct 1 2022, 01:58 AM)
try the Water Eject shortcut. If your iphone got water damage or water stuck inside like what I experience before during rain time, water damage the mic. That moment i was thinking to send to service centre for warranty claim, but luckily found this Shortcut ''water eject'', its actually using sound wave to push the water out of your phone and everything works normally after the ejection process.
U too naive if u actually think if they detect water on your phone and will honor the warranty.
tahfeikei
post Nov 10 2022, 10:15 AM

EL CHEAPO
1,207 posts

pls be advised certain shortcuts/automation will drain your battery, especially those location based stuff
VForValentine P
post Nov 12 2022, 01:52 AM

Probation
14 posts

QUOTE(imbashiter @ Nov 8 2022, 02:36 PM)
U too naive if u actually think if they detect water on your phone and will honor the warranty.
once I got my phone under the rain and it actually makes the speaker came out those sound like fireworks. But it actually solved by using this method once after the process finished.
TSmiyakochan89
post Nov 12 2022, 09:48 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(VForValentine @ Nov 12 2022, 01:52 AM)
once I got my phone under the rain and it actually makes the speaker came out those sound like fireworks. But it actually solved by using this method once after the process finished.
This method is only good for those water droplets stuck in the those speaker holes. It doesn’t really get rid of serious water damage inside the phone if any.

It’s quite a common feature for android or Apple phones since water resistant phones have been introduced. Even the smart watches have this and will automatically purge the water after a swimming session for an example.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:53 PM