Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Programming job market in Malaysia, Is it oversaturated ?

views

M_Shahrul
post Aug 12 2022, 03:01 PM

On my way
540 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Jun 7 2022, 08:16 AM)
Many years ago I was in a project collaborating with a design agency, where their web devs doing the web frontend needed to retrieve some data from the backend that I was building.

Their devs mainly does javascript for web, and was totally lost on how to handle API requests, let alone the need to have auth tokens.

At the end, what they managed to copy and paste was something that reads off my API and insert it into the DB, then their web front end read off the DB.

These sort of programmers are oversaturated
I just read this. I am sorry bro I need to laugh. F**k sake!! Seriously? Hahhahaha!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

By the way, right now I am doing a front-end of React JS powered by the back-end of dotNET API though, for European company. Hahahhaa!!!

Full stacked, just sharing though.

My boss was doing an interview (by video conference), imagine the programmer candidate just cancelled the interview few minutes before the video conference and NOT a day or two prior to that.

F**kin rude kids nowadays. Really really rude. A simple email a day earlier to indicate that you couldn't take an offer from the company won't do any harm.

DON'T barge out few minutes before, rude. mega_shok.gif mega_shok.gif
marlick25
post Aug 12 2022, 03:10 PM

Casual
438 posts

QUOTE(Dominion101 @ Jun 2 2022, 11:08 PM)
Hi coding sifu/master, I've been thinking about switching my career into programming. I've been taking online courses by myselves for around 2 months. I saw a pattern of youtubers developer said in their video that the [/I]web development[I] field is getting saturated. Is it true ? Is there hope for anyone who wants to switch career to programming ?

Btw, I am 29 years old and have been learning javascript, html and css by myselves for around 2 months now. I want to break into programming field by becoming front end developer first. Thank you sifu/master, please advice.
Before jumping into programming, you at least need to have passion. If your background is non programming, try to do freelance and build your portfolio from there.

Some of my friends got into programming due to passion, and right now they are ones of the few best developers/lead developers that I have ever seen. Programming is not easy, particularly if you have terrible management (semalam order, hari ni dah nak siap) and unless you are really good, you are not gonna be paid well. Just like other fields, you get paid more by jumping every 1-3 years (depending on your goals).

As for myself, I didnt want to become developer anymore hence I am looking for Product Manager/Owner roles while trying to be a Project Manager in the next few years.
Taikor.Taikun
post Sep 18 2022, 08:55 PM

Enthusiast
872 posts

QUOTE(marlick25 @ Aug 12 2022, 03:10 PM)
Before jumping into programming, you at least need to have passion. If your background is non programming, try to do freelance and build your portfolio from there.

Some of my friends got into programming due to passion, and right now they are ones of the few best developers/lead developers that I have ever seen. Programming is not easy, particularly if you have terrible management (semalam order, hari ni dah nak siap) and unless you are really good, you are not gonna be paid well. Just like other fields, you get paid more by jumping every 1-3 years (depending on your goals).

As for myself, I didnt want to become developer anymore hence I am looking for Product Manager/Owner roles while trying to be a Project Manager in the next few years.
Quite true. Doing programming without that burning passion will not last. Switching to new line renders the efforts wasted. There’s the burnout issue, takes longer time for harder tasks can b very stressful n demoralised in Agile environment... etc.

But ppl who r born to b developer, they can code like a machine all day long n happy
earshore
post Sep 21 2022, 02:18 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(Taikor.Taikun @ Sep 18 2022, 08:55 PM)
Quite true. Doing programming without that burning passion will not last. Switching to new line renders the efforts wasted. There’s the burnout issue, takes longer time for harder tasks can b very stressful n demoralised in Agile environment... etc.

But ppl who r born to b developer, they can code like a machine all day long n happy
mobile eye is that you?
Taikor.Taikun
post Sep 21 2022, 08:49 AM

Enthusiast
872 posts

QUOTE(earshore @ Sep 21 2022, 02:18 AM)
mobile eye is that you?
No
earshore
post Sep 21 2022, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(Taikor.Taikun @ Sep 21 2022, 08:49 AM)
No
ok. dry.gif
Find The Way
post Sep 23 2022, 01:36 AM

Enthusiast
719 posts

QUOTE(Taikor.Taikun @ Sep 18 2022, 08:55 PM)

Just my personal view... the expectation to code all day long is substantially influenced by org culture and biz environment. Sadly, such culture is prevalent in Asia sweat.gif
An analogue to this is... I enjoy playing computer games, but I feel miserable whenever I play for long hours

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0097sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th September 2022 - 01:08 AM