Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Watches - Main Page Revamped, All u wan to know abt wrist watches

views

netcrusader
post Dec 28 2007, 01:40 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

Hi Kevinlim,

Do you think resin band is good enough for sport activities? Or aluminium strap better?

TSkevinlim001
post Dec 28 2007, 01:43 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(netcrusader @ Dec 28 2007, 01:40 AM)
Hi Kevinlim,

Do you think resin band is good enough for sport activities? Or aluminium strap better?
As far as i know there are some aluminium color like steel used in seiko beside that i haven encounter common watch useing aluminium bracelet.

So if u can specific ur sport activities ll be better, me myself i wore the G-Shock with resin.. 3 years already still very good. Of cos i take good care of it la.. Most of those stainless stain u no need have to worry abt it have to replace unless u broke the pin (u must be a rough guy) but resin u have to replace every 3-5 years (only original can last this long). But u have to remember if u buy quality stainless steel watch normally its heavy. So i would prefer G-Shock for sport and Stainless Steel For working or casual.. brows.gif
TSkevinlim001
post Dec 28 2007, 01:44 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ Dec 27 2007, 08:26 PM)
you guys prefer the no.1 for the checkered flags? have a look on the Casio Edifice EF-514SP and EF-520SP. looks more nicer with the carbon fiber inside it, for people with racing in hearts. biggrin.gif
how much the price for it?
Around Rm400
TSkevinlim001
post Dec 28 2007, 01:49 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(Kagaya @ Dec 27 2007, 09:55 PM)
i'm wearing a Casio Edifice that looks like an IWC / ORIS.
user posted image

Kinda large dial, almost 40mm.

I do own 1 automatic watch with 17 Jewels only. The brand is SOLVIL et TITUS. The name is Clebar in Blue Bezel using INCABLOC. Too bad, dun have a snapshot yet. It's almost 30 years now. Can be consider vintage.

I also own a Casio Cybermax... not a G-Shock but got a Shock Sensor built-in and a Game. Fully imported from Japan. Nice Looking watch with a bad looking straps.

So far, the biggest problem with watches are:

1. Smell
2. Grime
3. Scratches

For smell, it got to do with sweat from my hand and accumulated overtime and form grimes. Can't get rid of the time smell. Rotting leather is the worst. I don't mind metal bracelet but for a change of style, using leather straps would be rather smelly. Silicone resin straps are the worst in terms of quality; it'll broke first at the buckle area. Not even G-Shock's straps could last through it.

For grime, from time to time i use small screwdriver to dig it out of some hard to reach area. Can see that my grimes is eating away the metal part due to its acidic nature.

Scratches on the glass is the toughest part. Somehow, if u got polycarbonate glass, one can use 1800 and 2000 grit wet sandpaper to polish it off and if u can find, some rubbing compound or 3M diamond dust abrasive liquid would makes the glass scratchless. Glass would be tough. Can afford one with Sapphire....laugh.gif

I'm planning to get the latest Casio G-Shock GULFMAN!!! Reason: Tough and RUST-PROOF, the Titanium bezel makes it the ideal choice to combat saltwater and my sweat sweat.gif I'm a sweaty person. And soon I'll start rock-climbing...maybe this light watch would be the best bang for bucks. thumbup.gif Seems like the price is kinda steep, RM339~RM369...
17 Jewel wind slow... its old watch now 20+ jewel already.. to many jewel also not very special.
Regarding ur leather actually unless u r working in aircon enviroment all the time if not ur leather sure ll smelly.. spray some perfume on that leather before u wear it everytime.
G-Shock is using high quality PU straps mine doesnt give any problem to me till now.
Gulfman price u can check my sign. i got a price for u to refer to..
netcrusader
post Dec 28 2007, 01:49 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Dec 28 2007, 01:43 AM)
As far as i know there are some aluminium color like steel used in seiko beside that i haven encounter common watch useing aluminium bracelet.

So if u can specific ur sport activities ll be better, me myself i wore the G-Shock with resin.. 3 years already still very good. Of cos i take good care of it la.. Most of those stainless stain u no need have to worry abt it have to replace unless u broke the pin (u must be a rough guy) but resin u have to replace every 3-5 years (only original can last this long). But u have to remember if u buy quality stainless steel watch normally its heavy. So i would prefer G-Shock for sport and Stainless Steel For working or casual.. brows.gif
Thanks for the explanation.

Will resin band become smelly like leather strap ar? Can I wash the resin band to remove the smell ar? The activities is mainly like jogging, mountain climbing and etc. So I think I will sweat a lot.

I am actually looking at Casio Outgear series watch.

So your seiko Criteria sales good or not? Any sign that the price will drop further? tongue.gif
SUScastelloz
post Dec 28 2007, 01:55 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

Guys, Ive been saving almost rm2000 to get a good multimedia watch like can display videos, pictures, mp3, gps, with bluetooth connected to ur hp so that you can use it as handsfree and so on but until now I still cant find a decent watch like that.
It does exist but seems so hard for me to find anywhere.

Im trying to find something like this
user posted image
or this
user posted image

This post has been edited by castelloz: Dec 28 2007, 02:05 AM
contreasjun27
post Dec 28 2007, 02:59 AM

On my way
542 posts

QUOTE(castelloz @ Dec 28 2007, 01:55 AM)
Guys, Ive been saving almost rm2000 to get a good multimedia watch like can display videos, pictures, mp3, gps, with bluetooth connected to ur hp so that you can use it as handsfree and so on but until now I still cant find a decent watch like that.

user posted image
or this
user posted image
with 2k of budget i will personally get sumthing like oris watch
1st there is a value in the watch...
2nd might can be sell at a higher price for future investment hahaha icon_rolleyes.gif
TSkevinlim001
post Dec 28 2007, 08:54 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(netcrusader @ Dec 28 2007, 01:49 AM)
Thanks for the explanation.

Will resin band become smelly like leather strap ar? Can I wash the resin band to remove the smell ar? The activities is mainly like jogging, mountain climbing and etc. So I think I will sweat a lot.

I am actually looking at Casio Outgear series watch.

So your seiko Criteria sales good or not?  Any sign that the price will drop further?  tongue.gif
resin normally wont have that awfully smell like leather as they doesnt absorb sweat so u can have ur mind ease. Yes u can wash and i often wash mine too. Some mild soap water ll do a good job. My seiko Criteria almost no stock already.. as Daniel Wu piece are not largely produce like normal model.
TSkevinlim001
post Dec 28 2007, 08:55 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

user posted image
or this
user posted image
u sure u ll wear that thing go out? that's a T-Rex size for me and imagine the weight..
PUd
post Dec 29 2007, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

so kein, how to different seiko 5 replia and ori? please share the knowledge.

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Oct 20 2007, 09:14 AM)
Ya ur budget u can get 1... If u dun mind then i ll be frank to u...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

If u r really interested in Seiko 5 pls PM me i ll try to find some resource to teach u all how to differentiate genuine and imitation. Always buy Seiko from a authorize dealer, all authorize dealer will have a plastic tag stating their r authorize dealer.. All authorize dealer cant sell imitation seiko if they are found to do so they seiko acc ll be suspended.. Seiko now already dun open new acc for new shop without any background.
SUSblackorange
post Dec 29 2007, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

i dont know if i got seiko 5 ori or replica...

because the time will become faster by 5 minutes every week.
so, every week have to adjust it 5 minute late.
nicvoo
post Dec 30 2007, 12:44 PM

N|_|_|B
4,707 posts

this is my watch old arse (bum) watch ahhahaa
mum bought it for me in form 4 now already working still wearing it changed batt 1 time only still remember tat time when it stoped it i was having my final exams walau c the time stip suddenly damn panic hahahha
already 8 years n still going strong hahaha
been wif me tru thick n thin ahhaa c the broken glass scratch fading of color. was planing to replace it but it jus wont spoil damn

anyway palning to get either oris or luminox or victorianox i'm a rough person mayb luminox oris would be a waste on me

i like plain watches those wifout so many dails jus the time n date will do any nice recommendations??

i cant seem to upload the pic so [img=http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8827/sl370677bk2.th.jpg]

heres the url for it

hanissyazwan
post Dec 30 2007, 01:52 PM

DARK ULTIMATE
1,180 posts

i hv one.but it just a Replica watch.. smile.gif
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Added on December 30, 2007, 1:53 pmget it fr lelong.com.my

This post has been edited by hanissyazwan: Dec 30 2007, 01:53 PM
rockalt1292
post Dec 30 2007, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

user posted image

i m wearing this, but mine is red dial bcos that time orange dial not available at their outlet
believe me.. f1 chronograph is damn cool, u can wear to work or casual
alexio
post Dec 30 2007, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

user posted image
or this
user posted image
It's not fashion wise... u sure u want to get that?
IMO, it's better to get a PDA la then a fashionable watch.
smile.gif
TSkevinlim001
post Dec 30 2007, 04:55 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(PUd @ Dec 29 2007, 10:56 PM)
so kein, how to different seiko 5 replia and ori? please share the knowledge.
as i said u shd always look for the Authorize Seiko Dealer tag. They ll ensure that all of the item they are selling are genuine. Seiko 5 got a lot of replica i only can high some exterior where u can tell as a beginner but if the replica are too alike then sorry u have to refer expert.

1. Dun think they wont bluff u with the original thing even for replica. They ll still give u similar box and warranty book.
2. 99.9% of new Seiko 5 are crystal for their back so u can see all the movement part from outside.
3. The model no. and seiko word are made by machine inside the movement part not print on it.
4. Seiko have the most nice stainless steel even for Seiko 5.
5. if the time is not accurate (too fast/too slow) it doesnt means that its replica.

that's all i can remember got chance i ll snap some photo to share with u all again.
TSkevinlim001
post Dec 30 2007, 04:56 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(hanissyazwan @ Dec 30 2007, 01:52 PM)
i hv one.but it just a Replica watch.. smile.gif
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Added on December 30, 2007, 1:53 pmget it fr lelong.com.my
ur 3 hand working or not?
TSkevinlim001
post Dec 30 2007, 05:24 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(blackorange @ Dec 29 2007, 11:02 PM)
i dont know if i got seiko 5 ori or replica...

because the time will become faster by 5 minutes every week.
so, every week have to adjust it 5 minute late.
u can send for a shop ask them adjust for u actually its adjustable.. but seiko 5 pricing u understand la.. so the accuracy still not as good as swiss watch unless u as for high end model from seiko. Last time Seiko got direct japan import automatic very nice and solid price i think can get almost 10 pcs of seiko 5
-Jonathan-
post Dec 30 2007, 06:06 PM

Honorary Minister
1,430 posts

I thought of getting something formal/informal, that was why i went with fossil the other day.

Its not much compared to Patek Philippe, but it was still quite expensive to be honest. The most expensive in the store haha.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Click here in the picture link doesn't work

This post has been edited by -Jonathan-: Dec 30 2007, 06:31 PM
TSkevinlim001
post Dec 31 2007, 10:37 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

its an automatic watch?

74 Pages « < 16 17 18 19 > » 
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version