Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Microsoft outlook for Mac, Import/Export greyed out

views

TSNapalm_man
post May 24 2022, 07:44 AM, updated 2y ago

On my way
633 posts

Hi guys,

Currently I'm using microsoft office home and business 2019 for mac, my computer OS is macOS Monterey ver 12.4.

The problem is that I can no longer import my old .pst files from my windows computer into the mac, the button just greyed out. Anyone experience this and what's the solution?
Mavik
post May 25 2022, 09:22 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ May 24 2022, 07:44 AM)
Hi guys,

Currently I'm using microsoft office home and business 2019 for mac, my computer OS is macOS Monterey ver 12.4.

The problem is that I can no longer import my old .pst files from my windows computer into the mac, the button just greyed out. Anyone experience this and what's the solution?
Outlook for Mac doesn't use PST files, it uses *.olm files. In order for you to migrate them over, you have a couple of ways to do it.

1) Purchase software to convert pst files to olm (cost involved)
2) Transfer your *.pst files to Office 365 online and then on your Mac, setup Outlook to connect to your online account

I used option 2 as I had a 2TB Office 365 storage capability so I could just transfer all files from PST to online. Then connect Mac online and download the files through.
TSNapalm_man
post May 26 2022, 11:27 AM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ May 25 2022, 09:22 PM)
Outlook for Mac doesn't use PST files, it uses *.olm files. In order for you to migrate them over, you have a couple of ways to do it.

1) Purchase software to convert pst files to olm (cost involved)
2) Transfer your *.pst files to Office 365 online and then on your Mac, setup Outlook to connect to your online account

I used option 2 as I had a 2TB Office 365 storage capability so I could just transfer all files from PST to online. Then connect Mac online and download the files through.
Unfortunately we're not using 365 yet, still under planning for this.

The one solution is that converting the .pst to mbox, then import the mbox into the apple mail apps. Ended up paid for the apps as the trial version only allow us to convert 5 emails per mailbox...
Mavik
post May 26 2022, 02:22 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ May 26 2022, 11:27 AM)
Unfortunately we're not using 365 yet, still under planning for this.

The one solution is that converting the .pst to mbox, then import the mbox into the apple mail apps. Ended up paid for the apps as the trial version only allow us to convert 5 emails per mailbox...
Cool, in the past my firm paid for the application to help migrate folks across to Google Mail (there is a migration for *.pst to Google Mail).

What I did was to use my free Hotmail email which basically becomes an Outlook.com email which uses Outlook as the base. That way I could migrate it across that way.
matthewjons P
post Jan 10 2023, 03:18 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hi, Napalm_man

You can Import and Export your Microsoft Outlook for Mac file. Export Microsoft Outlook for mac .olm file to Microsoft Outlook for Windows on your computer.
TSNapalm_man
post Jan 12 2023, 12:54 PM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(matthewjons @ Jan 10 2023, 03:18 PM)
Hi, Napalm_man

You can Import and Export your Microsoft Outlook for Mac file. Export Microsoft Outlook for mac .olm file to Microsoft Outlook for Windows on your computer.
Well kind of shame to admit, but I paid the apps to do the email conversion...

This post has been edited by Napalm_man: Jan 12 2023, 12:55 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:36 PM