Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Back on track at office

views

TSAshenOne
post May 19 2022, 10:17 PM, updated 3 months ago

Getting Started
132 posts

It's a continuation of topic from << https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5263216 >>

Gave it some time, things are looking good now, I blend in nicely with my group now, however I have a few situations I might need some opinions:

Case A:
I have been noticing a girl from other department (secretary side if not mistaken) come to my department from time to time.
Of all the places, she chose to be near my presence, and I catch her eye contact a few times.
I did initiate conversation with her as I think she's cute, I commented I'd like to see her putting up ponytail someday, and she did it the other day.

After work, I was expecting to walk alone in the long lobby towards the car park, she would catch me and walk together, a few times as of now.

Problem to solve:
I don't know if she's attached, and can't be sure enough if she has any feels for me, but outlook is optimistic.
I am thinking my next step would be to get her office chat contact, I know her name, but unable to find her in system to start chatting online.

Case B:
One of the girls for some reason likes to talk to me, just about anything. She also revealed she currently has a bf when she was telling me one of her stories.
However, she likes to chat with me in the system, looking forward to my lame jokes, and even send me gifts sometimes.

Problem to solve:
What's her problem?

Case C:
I met one girl from other department during the course of my work, one day she asked me out for lunch, we talked a lot along the way.
During lunch, one of the topics I touched on was how our peers are getting married and having kids.
After lunch I tried to ask her out during weekend using system chat, she didn't respond. However when we met each other in office, we would greet each other as if nothing happened.

Problem to solve:
Was it my problem to talk about marriage? Does it make me seem desperate and scared her away? Is it a good idea to avoid this altogether next time?
I did not communicate that I am in a rush to marry, I am merely discussing the happenings around me related to marriage, and also asked what's her plan in regards to marriage, what is the ideal age, etc.

Case D:
There was a cute girl in canteen always taking orders from customer, I am her long-standing customer, I go to her every day until she remembered me and my habits.
Right before she resigned, I asked for her number, one of her female colleague saw me in action.
After work that day obviously I am going to text her, her responses in texting are quite different in real life, she's really passionate and energetic in real life, while not quite able to keep the texting flow going.
At this point I don't know how to continue texting her anymore, I take it as "not meant to be" if texting feels like a chore.

Problem to solve:
Any tips to revive the texts? Or more importantly, will my action of trying to hit on this girl in the canteen spread like wildfire in the office? I am worried people knew what I've done and it will look bad on me if I switch target in office.

Case E (unrelated to office):
Added her in FB, she's quite the bad texter, eventually I gave up, but then she would re-initiate text with me from time to time.
One day she just directly ask me out, I agreed. We had a bit of awkward time together because everyday is full house and long queue, end up going into mall. still got some queue but bearable.
At this point about 3 dates already, next date going for badminton.

Problem to solve:
I can't figure out why she would auto come back to me after I let her go by not responding, twice? She looks decent, and seem like a conservative girl with no experience to me.
Best guess is she don't have pools to choose from, she helps to run her family business, unable to expand social circle, and it happened I am the only one trying to hit on her last time, and she came back for me.
I am a bit clueless on how to progress with such a person, she has 5 brothers, I am a bit worried if I mess things up, 5 of them will gang on me, lols.
J1g54w
post May 19 2022, 10:38 PM

Regular
1,438 posts

what opinion are you looking for?
WaCKy-Angel
post May 19 2022, 10:42 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
20,565 posts

Geez u and your never ending office romance
TSAshenOne
post May 19 2022, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(J1g54w @ May 19 2022, 10:38 PM)
what opinion are you looking for?
Possible ways of looking into it, at the "problem to solve" section just beneath each Case.

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 19 2022, 10:42 PM)
Can't help it, some not within my control, they just came, and I act accordingly.
J1g54w
post May 19 2022, 11:05 PM

Regular
1,438 posts

Some questions first:
You good-looking? Got 180cm tall? Well-groomed? Well-dressed? Drive what car? Wear what watch? (this determines your SMV and carries heavy context into the affairs below)

QUOTE(AshenOne @ May 19 2022, 10:17 PM)

Gave it some time, things are looking good now, I blend in nicely with my group now, however I have a few situations I might need some opinions:
Case A:
I have been noticing a girl from other department (secretary side if not mistaken) come to my department from time to time.
Of all the places, she chose to be near my presence, and I catch her eye contact a few times.
I did initiate conversation with her as I think she's cute, I commented I'd like to see her putting up ponytail someday, and she did it the other day.

After work, I was expecting to walk alone in the long lobby towards the car park, she would catch me and walk together, a few times as of now.

Problem to solve:
I don't know if she's attached, and can't be sure enough if she has any feels for me, but outlook is optimistic.
I am thinking my next step would be to get her office chat contact, I know her name, but unable to find her in system to start chatting online.
Assuming you're telling the whole story, she sounds interested in you. If attached she's probably not into her bf. If not attached, even better. Find an opportunity just when she's about to leave your place, tell her to system chat you, you have something to ask but cannot ask now because you're busy and she's returning to her work also. Then when she system chat you, ask what shampoo she uses because her hair looks nice and you've been wanting to change your shampoo brand. (example)

Case B:
One of the girls for some reason likes to talk to me, just about anything. She also revealed she currently has a bf when she was telling me one of her stories.
However, she likes to chat with me in the system, looking forward to my lame jokes, and even send me gifts sometimes.

Problem to solve:
What's her problem?
What gifts? Can be just talkative. Bored. Found someone who is willing to chat with her, so she chat. If gifts are food/snacks, or the gifts are given to multiple colleagues not just you, then it's nothing special. Unless it's unique and maybe valuable gift... then come back to my original question at the top, why do you think they are attracted to you?

Case C:
I met one girl from other department during the course of my work, one day she asked me out for lunch, we talked a lot along the way.
During lunch, one of the topics I touched on was how our peers are getting married and having kids.
After lunch I tried to ask her out during weekend using system chat, she didn't respond. However when we met each other in office, we would greet each other as if nothing happened.

Problem to solve:
Was it my problem to talk about marriage? Does it make me seem desperate and scared her away? Is it a good idea to avoid this altogether next time?
I did not communicate that I am in a rush to marry, I am merely discussing the happenings around me related to marriage, and also asked what's her plan in regards to marriage, what is the ideal age, etc.
Maybe awkward topic, wrong time in her life maybe. No full story conversation, hard to judge. But asking you out for lunch shows she's interested, and not replying to you in system chat shows she's not interested, is there a possibility that your system chat is bugged or not reaching her? Have you tried other chat? Or she already tested you throughout the lunch and you failed the test, she moved on.

Case D:
There was a cute girl in canteen always taking orders from customer, I am her long-standing customer, I go to her every day until she remembered me and my habits.
Right before she resigned, I asked for her number, one of her female colleague saw me in action.
After work that day obviously I am going to text her, her responses in texting are quite different in real life, she's really passionate and energetic in real life, while not quite able to keep the texting flow going.
At this point I don't know how to continue texting her anymore, I take it as "not meant to be" if texting feels like a chore.

Problem to solve:
Any tips to revive the texts? Or more importantly, will my action of trying to hit on this girl in the canteen spread like wildfire in the office? I am worried people knew what I've done and it will look bad on me if I switch target in office.
Since it feels like a chore. Drop it. Move on. Don't be that asshole where just because 5 girls are cute, you want to piap all 5. If you're a playboy, then don't mess with girls looking for serious relationships.

Added her in FB, she's quite the bad texter, eventually I gave up, but then she would re-initiate text with me from time to time.
One day she just directly ask me out, I agreed. We had a bit of awkward time together because everyday is full house and long queue, end up going into mall. still got some queue but bearable.

Problem to solve:
I can't figure out why she would auto come back to me after I let her go by not responding, twice? She looks decent, and seem like a conservative girl with no experience to me.
Best guess is she don't have pools to choose from, she helps to run her family business, unable to expand social circle, and it happened I am the only one trying to hit on her last time, and she came back for me.
I am a bit clueless on how to progress with such a person, she has 5 brothers, I am a bit worried if I mess things up, 5 of them will gang on me, lols.
Most likely from the sound of it. You want to "eat" her and "not waste"? If not, don't fool around, just stop entertaining her and focus on someone you actually likes (from above list).

lopo90
post May 19 2022, 11:06 PM

On my way
639 posts

Looks like girl from case A likes you wor out of the other girls. Next round you just ask for her number la, on the pretext that you wanna share with her something on WhatsApp

Case b girl just wanna tok kok sing song with you, from my POV

I think case c girl you kinda scare her with marriage and she not really responding to you

Case d girl also not really interested in you, even texting like so so only. If girl really like you, texting will upgrade to next level and proceed to go outing together

Sounds like case E girl is not really your type and a relationship with her might get complicated

Tldr

You got a shot with case A girl. She seems to be submissive as well
yungkit14
post May 19 2022, 11:07 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 19 2022, 10:42 PM)
thats why work from home is better ,everyday see this lanjiao bullshit stoli really want to see mco again
TSAshenOne
post May 19 2022, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(J1g54w @ May 19 2022, 11:05 PM)
Some questions first:
You good-looking? Got 180cm tall? Well-groomed? Well-dressed? Drive what car? Wear what watch? (this determines your SMV and carries heavy context into the affairs below)
Assuming you're telling the whole story, she sounds interested in you. If attached she's probably not into her bf. If not attached, even better. Find an opportunity just when she's about to leave your place, tell her to system chat you, you have something to ask but cannot ask now because you're busy and she's returning to her work also. Then when she system chat you, ask what shampoo she uses because her hair looks nice and you've been wanting to change your shampoo brand. (example)
What gifts? Can be just talkative. Bored. Found someone who is willing to chat with her, so she chat. If gifts are food/snacks, or the gifts are given to multiple colleagues not just you, then it's nothing special. Unless it's unique and maybe valuable gift... then come back to my original question at the top, why do you think they are attracted to you?
Maybe awkward topic, wrong time in her life maybe. No full story conversation, hard to judge. But asking you out for lunch shows she's interested, and not replying to you in system chat shows she's not interested, is there a possibility that your system chat is bugged or not reaching her? Have you tried other chat? Or she already tested you throughout the lunch and you failed the test, she moved on.
Since it feels like a chore. Drop it. Move on. Don't be that asshole where just because 5 girls are cute, you want to piap all 5. If you're a playboy, then don't mess with girls looking for serious relationships.
Most likely from the sound of it. You want to "eat" her and "not waste"? If not, don't fool around, just stop entertaining her and focus on someone you actually likes (from above list).
Based on how people rate me, it's a 7/10 I guess, above 170 below 180, dressed appropriately everyday without being too casual, just driving local car, no wear watch as it cannot be seen anyway with my long sleeves covering my wrist. Overall SMW I guess it's in the middle? Some good traits offset with some average traits.

Girl B only send gifts to me, not to others, not valuable but practical ones.

Chat is definitely not bugged, if I am a girl and the chat bugged and didn't receive message from the guy I liked, I would ping him again just to make sure, or talk more when met face to face.
I take it as she's not interested after ghosting my invitation. It's a normal rejection routine we all get when someone not interested in us, no big deal.
I don't think there is anything significant enough for me to remember the full conversation except the marriage topic which I suspect I scared her with it.

What happens if you mess with girls looking for serious relationships? I seen you emphasize this point twice, must be important to you.

QUOTE(lopo90 @ May 19 2022, 11:06 PM)
Looks like girl from case A likes you wor out of the other girls. Next round you just ask for her number la, on the pretext that you wanna share with her something on WhatsApp

Case b girl just wanna tok kok sing song with you, from my POV

I think case c girl you kinda scare her with marriage and she not really responding to you

Case d girl also not really interested in you, even texting like so so only. If girl really like you, texting will upgrade to next level and proceed to go outing together

Sounds like case E girl is not really your type and a relationship with her might get complicated
Tldr

You got a shot with case A girl. She seems to be submissive as well
Yep I like Girl A the most, hence the first list I wrote about her first.
I am going to think a smart excuse to get her system chat ID, it's kind of a failure on my part until now not yet ask for the system chat yet.

QUOTE(yungkit14 @ May 19 2022, 11:07 PM)
thats why work from home is better ,everyday see this lanjiao bullshit stoli really want to see mco again
If don't like, can just don't click in and not watch, and yet here you are.
Something wrong with my post? You think they are fake?
J1g54w
post May 19 2022, 11:31 PM

Regular
1,438 posts

QUOTE(AshenOne @ May 19 2022, 11:22 PM)
Based on how people rate me, it's a 7/10 I guess, above 170 below 180, dressed appropriately everyday without being too casual, just driving local car, no wear watch as it cannot be seen anyway with my long sleeves covering my wrist. Overall SMW I guess it's in the middle? Some good traits offset with some average traits.

Chat is definitely not bugged, if I am a girl and the chat bugged and didn't receive message from the guy I liked, I would ping him again just to make sure, or talk more when met face to face.
I take it as she's not interested after ghosting my invitation. It's a normal rejection routine we all get when someone not interested in us, no big deal.
I don't think there is anything significant enough for me to remember the full conversation except the marriage topic which I suspect I scared her with it.

What happens if you mess with girls looking for serious relationships? I seen you emphasize this point twice, must be important to you.
I am going to think a smart excuse to get her system chat ID, it's kind of a failure on my part until now not yet ask for the system chat yet.
because the way you write gives me the impression that you only care about your own feelings, even at the expense of hurting others. but if you're not, then good for you. playboys should look for girls who also share the same view. polygamous people with polygamous people. monogamous people with monogamous people. otherwise it's a world of hurt.

since you like girl A the most, and from what you have described of all girls she seems to be the one interested in you the most, then go for her.

yungkit14
post May 19 2022, 11:32 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(AshenOne @ May 19 2022, 11:22 PM)

want kaolui but scare of gossip boleh blah la
nihility
post May 20 2022, 07:50 AM

Enthusiast
778 posts

Case A:

Problem to solve:
Case B:

Problem to solve:
What's her problem?
Case C:

Problem to solve:
Case D:

Problem to solve:

Problem to solve:
Young man, you got so many problems. Simplified things in life & don't make thing complicated.

Among case A,B,C, D & E just filter out 1 or 2 candidate(s) that can click with you the most and see how thing develop from there. Going out with too many girls even though not yet in official relationship will create unfavorable perception toward yourself.

This should the filtering result from my end : A>E . You can drop the intention for B,C & D.

Case A: It appeared that she is making thing easy for you. Just be more observant to see if she is wearing any marriage ring in her finger. If there no, just be a bit more thick face and ask for her contact direct. Old ppl used to say, if the man has a thick face, the is no worry about the man not being able find a wife.

Case B: Just a friend only.

Case C: Yes, marriage and ideal age to get married is a sensitive topic, you do not know when you are going to offend the people by talking about this issue. Both men & women gets offended. Just avoid it.

Case D: Just call instead of texting. Some ppl just don't text.

Case E: The public crowds after all sectors reopened is out of norm for the last few weeks. All eateries need to queue, it is a norm. Unless you opt for less popular & more premium options, I doubt you can do away the crowd for the time being.

Young ppl problem, the girl didn't response - complaint. The girl responded on her own - complaint. Really cannot understand why you need to figure out why she auto come back to you unless you have the intention to exploits on this weakness. If you don't have the intention to cause any harm, her 5 brothers reaction should be least of your concern. The intend need to be correct. In life, if we cannot become a kind person, it is acceptable but don't ever become a bad people that causes other ppl to suffer intentionally.
cfa28
post May 20 2022, 07:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,562 posts

I'm surprised that you actually get any work done in the office with so many distractions.

But the minute you focus special attention on any one colleague from the office, word will start to spread.

Serious advise is just ask the girl that you feel has the most chemistry for lunch and see where it goes

But if you still don't know which girl to pick, when in doubt, go for the girl with the biggest breast
silverhawk
post May 20 2022, 11:48 AM

I'm Positively Lustrous
Group Icon
Elite
4,511 posts

Case X: Post in forum over thinking situations and showing general lack of social skills

Problem to solve: Stop seeing people as means to satisfy your own desires.
Takudan
post May 20 2022, 12:18 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(J1g54w @ May 19 2022, 11:31 PM)
because the way you write gives me the impression that you only care about your own feelings, even at the expense of hurting others. but if you're not, then good for you. playboys should look for girls who also share the same view. polygamous people with polygamous people. monogamous people with monogamous people. otherwise it's a world of hurt.

since you like girl A the most, and from what you have described of all girls she seems to be the one interested in you the most, then go for her.
If I may add on: go for A and don't lead on anyone else if you intend to have a serious relationship. Even if not, people will know you are hitting on multiple girls at the same time as gossips will spread and eventually multiple girls realise you're that one same person going after them. You will be labelled as a playboy and it's not going to end well.

And then you'll create another thread wondering why people gossip about you 🤷‍♀️
Chaud
post May 20 2022, 12:25 PM

Regular
1,044 posts

keep rolling until you encounter the one that you are able to solve your own problem first.
K0MR4DE
post May 20 2022, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

Interested to get an update from TS. Today is Friday, longer lunch hour
-mystery-
post May 20 2022, 12:31 PM

Regular
1,531 posts

QUOTE(silverhawk @ May 20 2022, 11:48 AM)
Case X: Post in forum over thinking situations and showing general lack of social skills

Problem to solve: Stop seeing people as means to satisfy your own desires.
lazy to overanalyze situations nowadays, if a girl doesnt want, i can always find the next one.
no need to self doubt own values
J1g54w
post May 20 2022, 04:16 PM

Regular
1,438 posts

QUOTE(cfa28 @ May 20 2022, 07:54 AM)
I'm surprised that you actually get any work done in the office with so many distractions.

But the minute you focus special attention on any one colleague from the office, word will start to spread.

Serious advise is just ask the girl that you feel has the most chemistry for lunch and see where it goes

But if you still don't know which girl to pick, when in doubt, go for the girl with the biggest breast
lol'ed at this. kek sweat.gif
TSAshenOne
post May 20 2022, 08:18 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(J1g54w @ May 19 2022, 11:31 PM)

POV from others are free from bias, I will take your word for it, I could not realize I am that self centered, what are the steps to start with to tackle this issue?

QUOTE(yungkit14 @ May 19 2022, 11:32 PM)
want kaolui but scare of gossip boleh blah la
The power of gossip is enormous, I experienced it first hand in my ex-Co, which led to me having a miserable corporate life for 2 years.
That is why I am being so careful in this Co, always attempt to think if any of my actions can cause bad gossips.

QUOTE(nihility @ May 20 2022, 07:50 AM)
Young man, you got so many problems. Simplified things in life & don't make thing complicated.

Among case A,B,C, D & E just filter out 1 or 2 candidate(s) that can click with you the most and see how thing develop from there. Going out with too many girls even though not yet in official relationship will create unfavorable perception toward yourself.

This should the filtering result from my end : A>E . You can drop the intention for B,C & D.

Case A: It appeared that she is making thing easy for you. Just be more observant to see if she is wearing any marriage ring in her finger. If there no, just be a bit more thick face and ask for her contact direct. Old ppl used to say, if the man has a thick face, the is no worry about the man not being able find a wife.

Case B: Just a friend only.

Case C: Yes, marriage and ideal age to get married is a sensitive topic, you do not know when you are going to offend the people by talking about this issue. Both men & women gets offended. Just avoid it.

Case D: Just call instead of texting. Some ppl just don't text.

Case E: The public crowds after all sectors reopened is out of norm for the last few weeks. All eateries need to queue, it is a norm. Unless you opt for less popular & more premium options, I doubt you can do away the crowd for the time being.

Young ppl problem, the girl didn't response - complaint. The girl responded on her own - complaint. Really cannot understand why you need to figure out why she auto come back to you unless you have the intention to exploits on this weakness.  If you don't have the intention to cause any harm, her 5 brothers reaction should be least of your concern. The intend need to be correct. In life, if we cannot become a kind person, it is acceptable but don't ever become a bad people that causes other ppl to suffer intentionally.
Usually what do you look for in their fingers to suggest high probability of already married?
I remember I asked 1 of my female colleagues where she get her ring from, she told me she bought it from shop because it looks pretty, so the ring you see in anyone's finger can mean anything IMO.

QUOTE(cfa28 @ May 20 2022, 07:54 AM)

In fact I spend a lot of time mega focused on my work, they all have the impression I am very busy with work. The stories happen when I was taking a short break away from monitor, or it is lunch hour.
I spread my attention evenly to all the girls in the gang, I hope I am fine.

Sadly, the one with the biggest breast is married, she likes to talk to me, and she's shorter than me, I can enjoy the view, can see but not touch.

QUOTE(Takudan @ May 20 2022, 12:18 PM)
If I may add on: go for A and don't lead on anyone else if you intend to have a serious relationship. Even if not, people will know you are hitting on multiple girls at the same time as gossips will spread and eventually multiple girls realise you're that one same person going after them. You will be labelled as a playboy and it's not going to end well.

And then you'll create another thread wondering why people gossip about you 🤷‍♀️
That's precisely what I plan to do, if one is on track then I will forget everyone else, I don't want to backfire myself by trying to have it both ways.
Power of gossip is irreparable damage until you switch Co.
TSAshenOne
post May 20 2022, 08:32 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(K0MR4DE @ May 20 2022, 12:28 PM)
Interested to get an update from TS. Today is Friday, longer lunch hour
Girl A, on track, advancing my progress a little every day, today we coincidentally met at lobby again, so we walk towards car park, she saw a cat from afar and scared of it, she wrap her arm around mine and continue like this until we reached our cars.

Girl B as usual, getting closer and comfortable after each passing day, but me and her knew she is attached, I will not think too much about advancing further, unless her actions starting to suggest otherwise in future.

Girls C lost track ever since she ghosted my invitation right after we had our lunch, lunch was invited by her, I marked it as lost cause.

Girl D, I have no motivation to revive the text, I guess she was only acting warm and friendly because of her job, maybe I am just a customer in her eyes and not special after all.

Girl E, somewhat complication situation. We barely text, our text now is just scheduling our next meeting, nothing more, I think it is mostly because of me lazy to text her, if I text her, she will reply.
I think I am just going through the motion with this girl. I do not have high motivation to keep texting her.
Maybe someday we can develop deeper bond down the road if we keep meeting, but for now I might just focus on Girl A if she really has feelings for me, because I do have strong feelings for her.

On a side note, the girl gang started to notice I am interacting with Girl A more than I should, it is a bad idea to suddenly switch target anyway.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 08:29 AM