Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Data Cable For Softlog, Need Help In Fabricating One Or More Uni

views

TScwyap
post May 18 2022, 05:22 PM, updated 2y ago

30 posts

My office uses a photocopy cost recovery system called Softlog that comes with a unique data cable (cable itself is a CAT5 LAN cable but the one end of the connectors isn't a normal network port connector). This cable is connected to an application box that talks to a desktop computer (another set of cable) on one end and to the photocopier on the other end. All photocopying activities will be captured by the system and submitted to Accounts for billing.

Now that particular cable has been shorted (that's according to the IT guy), and the application box is not able to communicate with the photocopier. My IT guy went to some of the hardware shops in Low Yat to make inquiry as to whether this can be fabricated but none was able to help. The supplier of the system can't help either as we have an obsolete system (though it still serves us well).

Please have a look at the attached photos and if you happen to know someone who can do the fabrication, let me know so that I can get in touch with that person or company. My company is in KL by the way but I can always travel to PJ if need be to get this done.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
MISMan
post May 18 2022, 05:36 PM

On my way
692 posts

QUOTE(cwyap @ May 18 2022, 05:22 PM)
My office uses a photocopy cost recovery system called Softlog that comes with a unique data cable (cable itself is a CAT5 LAN cable but the one end of the connectors isn't a normal network port connector). This cable is connected to an application box that talks to a desktop computer (another set of cable) on one end and to the photocopier on the other end. All photocopying activities will be captured by the system and submitted to Accounts for billing.

Now that particular cable has been shorted (that's according to the IT guy), and the application box is not able to communicate with the photocopier. My IT guy went to some of the hardware shops in Low Yat to make inquiry as to whether this can be fabricated but none was able to help. The supplier of the system can't help either as we have an obsolete system (though it still serves us well).

Please have a look at the attached photos and if you happen to know someone who can do the fabrication, let me know so that I can get in touch with that person or company. My company is in KL by the way but I can always travel to PJ if need be to get this done.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
i think i have a few for sales. pls pm me ur number, may be i can help u.

COOLPINK
post May 18 2022, 05:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

worse case scenario get a standard easily available 4 pin molex connector to use.

cut, crimp the wires and insert into new connectors. done.

or in the case of emergency just cut and directly connect the wires together.

make sure not to mix them up and label them first before cut.

This post has been edited by COOLPINK: May 18 2022, 05:40 PM
stormer.lyn
post May 19 2022, 04:48 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

If you are still stuck for a cable, you can PM me, and I'll fabricate one for you.

No charge, you can pay it forward to another stranger.
TScwyap
post May 20 2022, 08:20 AM

30 posts

Thank you so much.

My IT guy is going to Pasar Road tomorrow and try to source it there. If unsuccessful, I'll PM you for help.

Really appreciate your kindness.

QUOTE(stormer.lyn @ May 19 2022, 04:48 PM)
If you are still stuck for a cable, you can PM me, and I'll fabricate one for you.

No charge, you can pay it forward to another stranger.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:00 PM