8 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kempen BMF gagal?

views

Aaron212
post May 18 2022, 09:27 AM

Regular
1,632 posts

I stayed one year in Masjid Tanah and watched the rise (questionable) and fall of this Malakat Mall.

There was already a bigger, better and cheaper supermarket named Family Store here. Locals here flock to this supermarket at all times, have to line up to get in.
Malakat mall on the other hand has only very small selection of groceries, why would I come here to buy a few things and needed to go to the market or another mall to buy when I can buy everything in Family Store.

Malakat Mall is really quiet and dead since it opened.

It was set up to fail. Ocassionally I visit this mall as it is cleaner and the air cond is cold, but I guess Malaysian don't care about this as long as things are cheap and complete
quartre88
post May 18 2022, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

all these sapot2 and boikot2 gonna end up failing badly

the reason why is = malaysian mudah lupa & pemalas

its easy to start the flame but to continue kipas to roast the sate requires good constant effort
ameliorate
post May 18 2022, 09:40 AM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(Aaron212 @ May 18 2022, 09:27 AM)
I stayed one year in Masjid Tanah and watched the rise (questionable) and fall of this Malakat Mall.

There was already a bigger, better and cheaper supermarket named Family Store here. Locals here flock to this supermarket at all times, have to line up to get in.
Malakat mall on the other hand has only very small selection of groceries, why would I come here to buy a few things and needed to go to the market or another mall to buy when I can buy everything in Family Store.

It was set up to fail. Ocassionally I visit this mall as it is cleaner and the air cond is cold, but I guess Malaysian don't care about this as long as things are cheap and complete
You hit the nail on the head. BMF is a good concept actually since Muslim is the biggest consumer market. A lot of cina also tumpang use the same strategy. The main difference is they back it up with a real business while the BMF don't do anything other than conceptual. This is another Mara Digital Mall fiasco.

SUStyrionlannister99
post May 18 2022, 09:46 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(Aaron212 @ May 18 2022, 09:27 AM)

Same. I visited once. See their fruits also not fresh.
Aaron212
post May 18 2022, 10:03 AM

Regular
1,632 posts

QUOTE(ameliorate @ May 18 2022, 05:40 AM)
You hit the nail on the head. BMF is a good concept actually since Muslim is the biggest consumer market. A lot of cina also tumpang use the same strategy. The main difference is they back it up with a real business while the BMF don't do anything other than conceptual. This is another Mara Digital Mall fiasco.
I think its a combination of issues which made it not appeal to the local population there. If it were to be made into a concept like Tesco then it might work.

When the rent is increased of course they could not sustain.

The good side is I see their workers are majority our people, as compared to Family Store which employs more foreigners, can keep the cost down
Aaron212
post May 18 2022, 10:04 AM

Regular
1,632 posts

QUOTE(tyrionlannister99 @ May 18 2022, 05:46 AM)
Same. I visited once. See their fruits also not fresh.
For fresher fruits and more options I like going to econsave Sg Udang. Much bigger and not that far away only
carloz28
post May 18 2022, 10:06 AM

Sons of Anarchy
444 posts

Plotek jangan tak
Plotek
c64
post May 18 2022, 10:07 AM

Enthusiast
711 posts

Nama also "Tanah Tutup"...Tutup kedai jerlah.
c64
post May 18 2022, 10:13 AM

Enthusiast
711 posts

QUOTE(gongmakai @ May 17 2022, 10:06 AM)
i was reading his first point on should not relate the mall with R&R and i thought it make sense, until i got to the second point below:

"Org Cina ada mendidik anak2 mereka buy Chinese first di rumah tetapi bukan secara terbuka dlm perniagaan. Mereka tak perlu kempen beli barangan Cina dulu tetapi ia telah diselami dari kecil."
then the same shxx again. I as a chinese was never taught to buy from chinese first and the same i did not teach my kids to be so. i just buy from where is cheap and good, mydin included.

trying to give a R&R mall advice with an R&R mindset just mean going back to square one
Same...my parents never teach me such rubbish. As long as price is cheap and quality good, we buy. And i never teach my kid such rubbish either. I teach him the value of money and whether there is worth to the price being paid.
shinigamidesu
post May 18 2022, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

Need new fatwa haram buy from non muslim. Then maybe can relaunch BMF
police_pipupipu
post May 18 2022, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

My parents taught me 3 simple rules...
Peanggg(cheap), lenggg(nice), and jenggg(this dunno translate) thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
johnnycp
post May 18 2022, 10:27 AM

On my way
584 posts

Pioneered by your beloved pee Em, boycott nons, heighten racing tension
post May 18 2022, 10:29 AM

7 posts

meanwhile kroni is laughing to the bank.

SUSgongmakai
post May 18 2022, 10:39 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Gendude @ May 18 2022, 12:20 AM)
kisah yg diceritakan arwah bapak aku 30 tahun dulu niaga dekat pasar monopoli cina..hanya gerai dia saja melayu..x ada sorang pelanggan pun singgah gerai dia buatkan dia sedih..bukan jual apa..buah je pun..mungkin la sebab dia melayu..last niaga sehari dua saja sebab x ada pelanggan..kalau situasi sekarang yang terjadi dekat aku pun aku rasa sama saja x beza 30 tahun dulu..mungkin sekarang lagi teruk kot
i just want to reply this. there is a possibility your father did experience racism, but i must say, 30 yrs ago its quite rare. i had good experiences with many seller and neighbour and even classmates who are from Malay.

i have a cina friend whom coincidentally open a fruit stall in wet market, dominate by malay. left right selling fruits. his stall was run down, fruits mostly didn't look fresh. he was only selling few types only since he said the others don't sell. But end up it made his stall looked empty, not appealing at all. Needless to say, his shop closed down after some years.

but we never think its because malay dont support him. look back, we well aware what as his issue.

i do agree wth your last, racism today is much worse than 30 years ago. my good experiences become rare now.
alanyuppie
post May 18 2022, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,791 posts

QUOTE(ameliorate @ May 18 2022, 10:40 AM)
You hit the nail on the head. BMF is a good concept actually since Muslim is the biggest consumer market. A lot of cina also tumpang use the same strategy.
The article implied Chinese started it first behind closed doors since young . Now you claimed many Chinese tumpang BMF (which is now a 'good' thing) , as if its something they done only recently.

I've never seen public ads promoting "Buy Cina First" btw. Where did you discover them, and a lot somemore.

QUOTE(ameliorate @ May 18 2022, 10:40 AM)
The main difference is they back it up with a real business while the BMF don't do anything other than conceptual. This is another Mara Digital Mall fiasco.
You implied Malay BMF-driven business are fakes? LMAO. In what sense? no real products in hand? lying about skills they're offering?

Both businesses are AS REAL AS THEY GET, whether its by Chinese or Malay. Its how they're promoted ethics-wise we're talking about here.

ameliorate
post May 18 2022, 10:57 AM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(alanyuppie @ May 18 2022, 10:42 AM)
The article implied Chinese started it first  behind closed doors since young .  Now you claimed  many Chinese tumpang BMF  (which is now a 'good' thing)  , as if its something they done only recently.

I've never seen public ads promoting "Buy Cina First" btw. Where did you discover them, and a lot somemore.
You implied Malay BMF-driven business  are fakes? LMAO.  In what sense?  no real products in hand?  lying about skills they're offering? 

Both businesses are AS REAL AS THEY GET, whether its by Chinese or Malay.  Its how they're promoted ethics-wise we're talking about here.
It is akin to getting a lot of leads but cannot close the sale. It's not a business unless you get sales. You make everything nice and open wide wide doesn't mean you have a business. People come and look but no buy is not a business.
superbike
post May 18 2022, 11:02 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(police_pipupipu @ May 18 2022, 02:00 AM)
Meanwhile those restoran kopitiam all hawkers is cinis but only 1 melei sell satay. Satay business very gooding.
QUOTE(Strike Eureka @ May 18 2022, 07:06 AM)
Same goes everywhere la, nasi lemak seller at Chinese kopitiam, as long as liberal sikit, don't care about halal or Haram, sell own stuffs can d
Business can fight with the chicken rice stall at.chinese kopitiam
yeap. whenever i see malay stalls in chinese kopitiam, sure laku one.
a_dot_el
post May 18 2022, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

Dkt sini kita kena belajar bagaimana org Cina berniaga. Org Cina ada mendidik anak2 mereka buy Chinese first di rumah tetapi bukan secara terbuka dlm perniagaan. Mereka tak perlu kempen beli barangan Cina dulu tetapi ia telah diselami dari kecil.

Lol Chinese never taught to just buy from Chinese, we were taught to buy quality product at the cheapest price or bargain it like hell.
Justice Supreme
post May 18 2022, 11:41 AM

37 posts

i always support buy mercedes first..not sure why can failed when i see so many c-class on the road
Lancer07
post May 18 2022, 11:45 AM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(police_pipupipu @ May 18 2022, 02:00 AM)
Meanwhile those restoran kopitiam all hawkers is cinis but only 1 melei sell satay. Satay business very gooding.
Unfortunately, we don't see this in opposite way, Chinese stall in Malay restaurant.

8 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:51 PM