Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What side business have you seen people do well

views

Zoo Howl
post May 18 2022, 02:10 PM

White Fang
1,775 posts

QUOTE(bagazaru @ May 16 2022, 11:32 PM)
During MCO, I saw an opportunity to sell a supplement product from USA. I just sell in Shopee. And I hire a part timer to just update IG. (RM600 a month)

Sales was good, I made about 30% profit from each sales and made steady 1-2k a month, but i stopped when i found out i was pregnant. Around that time, MCO was over, i began to focus more at work again as we need to report back in office.. so literally no time to fit in business, or rather, i didnt make time for business.. as i need pack and send them off at MBE or J&T. I dont want to spend that time and want to enjoy my time with my family.

Anyway, you literally can sell anything, as long as you see an opportunity. Im thinking to start some business that I dont need to spend so much time but also can earn abit. I havent the suitable business, and still trying to figure one out
How can u sell so well in shopee? Is it because i dont have a fb or ig? I tried posting some product to sell in shopee, ended up only 2 people viewed my product in the span of 3 weeks
ipunk1026
post May 18 2022, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

During MCO, I saw an opportunity to sell a supplement product from USA. I just sell in Shopee. And I hire a part timer to just update IG. (RM600 a month)

Sales was good, I made about 30% profit from each sales and made steady 1-2k a month, but i stopped when i found out i was pregnant. Around that time, MCO was over, i began to focus more at work again as we need to report back in office.. so literally no time to fit in business, or rather, i didnt make time for business.. as i need pack and send them off at MBE or J&T. I dont want to spend that time and want to enjoy my time with my family.

Anyway, you literally can sell anything, as long as you see an opportunity. Im thinking to start some business that I dont need to spend so much time but also can earn abit. I havent the suitable business, and still trying to figure one out
will you consider sell off the business or bring in partner to expand?
brokenbomb
post May 18 2022, 08:52 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(_kilakila_ @ May 18 2022, 12:26 PM)
But the insurance price is quite transparent online right? How to earn the 10% on top of the premium? Unless agent get cheaper insurance rate.
don't worry. still can win. u just need to know how to promote (betterment, towing, claim experiencce etc) and the uncles and aunties still donno how to renew online, daripada ask them to go berbaris in post office. better u help them renew online.

and its cheap, few hundred for exams fees and etc. no need to open shop or pay rent. just whatsapp ur families friends "hey bro can u support me on my new business. dont worry got discount" tongue.gif

today u renew kancil or myvi

tomorrow "hey bro i sold off my myvi, can help me renew my camry?" biggrin.gif

_kilakila_
post May 18 2022, 09:30 PM

JUST DO IT!
638 posts

QUOTE(brokenbomb @ May 18 2022, 08:52 PM)
don't worry. still can win. u just need to know how to promote (betterment, towing, claim experiencce etc) and the uncles and aunties still donno how to renew online, daripada ask them to go berbaris in post office. better u help them renew online.

and its cheap, few hundred for exams fees and etc. no need to open shop or pay rent. just whatsapp ur families friends "hey bro can u support me on my new business. dont worry got discount" tongue.gif 

today u renew kancil or myvi

tomorrow "hey bro i sold off my myvi, can help me renew my camry?" biggrin.gif
hahahaha sounds really not bad ! icon_idea.gif
Ysabel
post May 19 2022, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(flying_manatee @ May 17 2022, 04:56 PM)
Ooh sounds interesting, yup can talk and see. What field are the business projects in?
Check your message smile.gif
Alocasia
post May 19 2022, 08:16 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(flying_manatee @ May 16 2022, 12:05 PM)
As per the topic, I'm wondering what side business have you seen people do successfully at. Not necessarily that it rocketed up and made millions but a steady few k a month is also successful in my books.

I'm thinking of starting one myself but I seem to have 0 of the skills that I've heard people do ok at (e.g. photography or F&B).
I stumbled upon this old thread the other day, and find it quite insightful.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=687189&hl=

Can read through the posts and see what the forumers were telling TS back in 2009. TS eventually went ahead buying the durian orchard and how much is the durian and land price now.

This is not about survivorship bias. I know many would not have been made it like TS, or they simply didn't take actions due to the naysaying. What I saw is that business is also like buying stocks, it's about the price and timing. By the time u see ppl are making money and decided to follow the herd, chances are it is near to its saturation point already, either you will enter at a much higher price, or end up have to compete with others because many too have heard about this opportunity. The market will be saturated and much lower/ no profit margin.

Just my 2 cents.

This post has been edited by Alocasia: May 19 2022, 08:17 PM
kelvin2009
post Jun 19 2022, 07:01 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

As per the topic, I'm wondering what side business have you seen people do successfully at. Not necessarily that it rocketed up and made millions but a steady few k a month is also successful in my books.

I'm thinking of starting one myself but I seem to have 0 of the skills that I've heard people do ok at (e.g. photography or F&B).
Trending and doing well businesses in 2022 includes :
1. T-Shirt Online Shop
2. Dropshipping Business
3. SEO Expert
4. Online Courses
5. Video Producer

As you mentioned that you are planning to start up your own business, I would like to help you by recommend this accounting software that my company uses. It is user friendly, easy to use and you can also customize it based on your business needs. Check out QNE Software. Good Luck!

teslaman
post Jun 19 2022, 07:05 PM

Regular
1,111 posts

photography, u must be good dedicated rm2k per photoshoot
cklimm
post Jun 19 2022, 07:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,256 posts

property rental
icemanfx
post Jun 19 2022, 08:06 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

any business has excessive profit and low barrier of entry is unlikely to last long.

Drian
post Jun 23 2022, 09:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

Actually I'm more curious as to why did you think that supplement product will sell well.

MrBaba
post Jun 24 2022, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,123 posts

QUOTE(brokenbomb @ May 18 2022, 10:17 AM)
Apply general insurance licence and pass the exam (should be easy since some of the questions are pretty common sense)

Most of your friends got car. So help them renew their insurance + road tax (runner fee. If busy, just ask for any runners out there)

Easy 10% for every car renewal.
Last check most big brand give 5% je
brokenbomb
post Jun 25 2022, 03:44 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(MrBaba @ Jun 24 2022, 01:02 PM)
Last check most big brand give 5% je
Still 10.

Or maybe referrals? Then make sense if 5. They do the renewal and u refer customers to them

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:59 PM