Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Fibre Asus Router Voip Setup

views

TSricgan
post May 13 2022, 11:11 AM, updated 2y ago

Getting Started
238 posts

Hi all Sifus here,

I've recently upgraded my maxis fibre stock router TP-link Archer c5v to Asus AX82U.

pppoe username and password has been provided by maxis and internet is working fine on Asus now. The ISP profile in Asus router is MAXIS FIBRE-SPECIAL.

However, I'll still need the voip phone service as my home alarm system is connected to the phone. So I have tried the following method but none of them work.

1.Connecting both TP-link c5v and Asus Ax82U to maxis modem (once Asus router granted access to the internet, c5v doesn't work anymore)

2. Connecting C5v Wan port to Asus Lan 3 as per Asus's setting, (No, the voip phone and internet both doesn't work on C5V )

3.Connecting C5V LAN port to Asus Lan3 (doesnt work)

I have also tried to disable the DHPC in C5V setting, as well as enable the bridge mode. All doesn't work

Any sifu can advise what setting do i need for the phone to work?

This post has been edited by ricgan: May 13 2022, 11:15 AM
wahidzeb
post May 13 2022, 11:35 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(ricgan @ May 13 2022, 11:11 AM)
Hi all Sifus here,

I've recently upgraded my maxis fibre stock router TP-link Archer c5v to Asus AX82U.

pppoe username and password has been provided by maxis and internet is working fine on Asus now. The ISP profile in Asus router is MAXIS FIBRE-SPECIAL.
However, I'll still need the voip phone service as my home alarm system is connected to the phone. So I have tried the following method but none of them work.

1.Connecting both TP-link c5v and Asus Ax82U to maxis modem (once Asus router granted access to the internet, c5v doesn't work anymore)

2. Connecting C5v Wan port to Asus Lan 3 as per Asus's setting, (No, the voip phone and internet both doesn't work on C5V )

3.Connecting C5V LAN port to Asus Lan3 (doesnt work)

I have also tried to disable the DHPC in C5V setting, as well as enable the bridge mode. All doesn't work
Any sifu can advise what setting do i need for the phone to work?
First of all you can connect 2 router but only 1 will connect to internet; to use phone you also need to setup; you have to only use 1 router in your case e.g. asus.
Maybe you can call maxis 123 and ask the configuration for phone and then update your asus
PRSXFENG
post May 13 2022, 01:19 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

2. should have worked but some other settings might need to change

Alternatively, since you are on the SPECIAL preset, that means your area is running on Maxis own infra.

Could consider checking https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=5243640&hl=

might be able to use modem for voip
TSricgan
post May 13 2022, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(wahidzeb @ May 13 2022, 11:35 AM)
First of all you can connect 2 router but only 1 will connect to internet; to use phone you also need to setup; you have to only use 1 router in your case e.g. asus.
Maybe you can call maxis 123 and ask the configuration for phone and then update your asus
hello, thank you for your reply

i have already called maxis, they provided how to do the configuration

they guided me to Reset tplink router and voip setting with credential, then set the router to bridge mode and connect them to asus port 3

i have tried, it doesn't work

so i call them back, another personnel says, no if you need to use VOIP you MUST use maxis router as the main router then connect asus to the maxis router doh.gif

what's interesting here is, i tried to connect only tplink router to the maxis modem, and it doesnt work anymore, doesnt connect to internet and voip also dont work bye.gif

tried to factory reset the router and set up from the begining by entering pppoe details, phone number etc..., it still doesnt work

This post has been edited by ricgan: May 13 2022, 02:34 PM
TSricgan
post May 13 2022, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(PRSXFENG @ May 13 2022, 01:19 PM)
2. should have worked but some other settings might need to change

Alternatively, since you are on the SPECIAL preset, that means your area is running on Maxis own infra.

Could consider checking https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=5243640&hl=

might be able to use modem for voip
Hello, thank you , let me go through it . thanks alot

too deep, cannot really understand cry.gif cry.gif

This post has been edited by ricgan: May 13 2022, 02:36 PM
TSricgan
post May 13 2022, 08:49 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

After several unsuccessful attempts, i have decided to go back to the only solutions that works so far.

Which is maxis modem > maxis router > asus router. Turned off the wifi function on c5v

Since this connection doesnt impact much on my internet speed(tested, asus able to run more than 300mbps,my plan is 300mbps) and its the only solution that both internet and phone works so far.

Thanks sifuss
lonewalker
post May 14 2022, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(ricgan @ May 13 2022, 08:49 PM)
After several unsuccessful attempts, i have decided to go back to the only solutions that works so far.

Which is maxis modem > maxis router > asus router. Turned off the wifi function on c5v

Since this connection doesnt impact much on my internet speed(tested, asus able to run more than 300mbps,my plan is 300mbps)  and its the only solution that both internet and phone works so far.
Thanks sifuss
To do what you originally wanted to do requires VLAN tagging to redirect the proper VLAN ID traffic to the correct destination devices. I don't know if your particular Asus router's firmware is capable of such a thing, to be manually end user configured without manufacturer's intervention.

I do know if you use a proper managed switch or business class router/switch you should be able to do that.

Resource for the proper maxis VLAN IDs are can be found on google: https://www.google.com/search?q=maxis+custom+router+vlan

This post has been edited by lonewalker: May 14 2022, 12:39 PM
Crystal2
post Feb 11 2023, 04:01 PM

Casual
449 posts

QUOTE(ricgan @ May 13 2022, 08:49 PM)

Since this connection doesnt impact much on my internet speed(tested, asus able to run more than 300mbps,my plan is 300mbps)  and its the only solution that both internet and phone works so far.
Thanks sifuss

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...#entry106570766

Please refer to Post #102:

".... I finally managed to set Asus as the main router and Kaon as the Access Point for the VOIP.

1) Set VLAN in Asus RT-AX86U

If Maxis is using UniFi Infrastructure:

ISP Profile: Maxis-Fiber
VLAN : VOIP
Port: LAN3

2) Disable the DHCP Server for both IPv4 & IPv6
- to prevent Kaon Router from accessing the internet

3) Disable TR069
- to prevent Maxis Support from changing the master ID & password, settings &/or updating the firmware remotely, and

4) Disable WiFi Radio
- to avoid clashes of WiFi signals with the Asus router..."

This post has been edited by Crystal2: Feb 11 2023, 10:16 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:56 PM