Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Feel like suicide, my unrealized loss

views

Davidtcf
post May 17 2022, 05:24 PM

To the moon!!
3,440 posts

QUOTE(Cubalagi @ May 17 2022, 05:21 PM)
37% overseas..so u think this means 63% Bursa ?
yes.. EPF has a responsibility to invest more in our local Bursa.
It's a political thing to spur our local stock market.

Cubalagi
post May 17 2022, 05:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,790 posts

QUOTE(Davidtcf @ May 17 2022, 05:24 PM)
46% is Fixed Income..that's no Bursa
4% is Money Market that's not Bursa

honsiong
post May 17 2022, 05:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,131 posts

QUOTE(Davidtcf @ May 17 2022, 05:24 PM)
EPF has a responsibility to generate stable returns for retirement of its members. They are not responsible to prop up the valuation of Msia companies.

TOS
post May 17 2022, 06:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,882 posts

QUOTE(honsiong @ May 17 2022, 05:41 PM)
EPF has a responsibility to generate stable returns for retirement of its members. They are not responsible to prop up the valuation of Msia companies.
Not everyone in Wisma Putra thinks so. brows.gif

Hint: Principal-agent problem
SUSyklooi
post May 17 2022, 06:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(Davidtcf @ May 17 2022, 04:44 PM)
Both your comments can be refuted with this line:

“ Only sell if you think their products and services are trending worse.”

All 3 companies trending worse for their products and services, make sense to leave them before dropping further. For Serba add on fact of financial manipulation.. of course need to stay away. Hence why need to pay attention to their quarterly and yearly reports. For ETF you have portfolio manager to help you do this.
By the time the retail investors realised that it is trending worse... .. It will be already too late,.... The stock price has already fallen alot....
Then there will still be people, trying to justify it by saying,...
“Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffett
Davidtcf
post May 17 2022, 07:12 PM

To the moon!!
3,440 posts

QUOTE(yklooi @ May 17 2022, 06:45 PM)
By the time the retail investors realised that it is trending worse... .. It will be already too late,.... The stock price has already fallen alot....
“Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffett
Anything you invest in as long it’s a stock, will have this risk. EPF invest in stocks also, so means you wanna avoid EPF? Go full fixed deposit better like that since gain and capital is guaranteed?

Hence why diversify and not put all your investments in one basket.

Example one who puts 50k in Tesla alone 100% of his money
Another put few thousand in different good stocks.

Definitely the second person will do better.

If you can’t take up and downs in market then avoid stock market altogether. It means you’re not cut out for it. Simple as that. Don’t drool when others post up their big earnings after market shoot back up.

This post has been edited by Davidtcf: May 17 2022, 07:13 PM
SUSyklooi
post May 17 2022, 07:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(Davidtcf @ May 17 2022, 07:12 PM)
Anything you invest in as long it’s a stock, will have this risk. EPF invest in stocks also, so means you wanna avoid EPF? Go full fixed deposit better like that since gain and capital is guaranteed?

Hence why diversify and not put all your investments in one basket.

Example one who puts 50k in Tesla alone 100% of his money
Another put few thousand in different good stocks.

Definitely the second person will do better.

If you can’t take up and downs in market then avoid stock market altogether. It means you’re not cut out for it. Simple as that. Don’t drool when others post up their big earnings after market shoot back up.
You posted:
"Anything you invest in as long it’s a stock, will have this risk. EPF invest in stocks also, so means you wanna avoid EPF? Go full fixed deposit better like that since gain and capital is guaranteed?"
Do you realised that...
Under Section 27 of the EPF Act 1991, the guaranteed minimum dividend rate is 2.5% per year on members' savings...in Conventional account.
Still wanna go full fixed deposit better like that since gain and capital is guaranteed, which is like epf. Also fd is pidm till 250k while epf is deposit guaranteed by govt
Davidtcf
post May 17 2022, 07:21 PM

To the moon!!
3,440 posts

QUOTE(yklooi @ May 17 2022, 07:18 PM)
You posted:
"Anything you invest in as long it’s a stock, will have this risk. EPF invest in stocks also, so means you wanna avoid EPF? Go full fixed deposit better like that since gain and capital is guaranteed?"
Do you realised that...
Under Section 27 of the EPF Act 1991, the guaranteed minimum dividend rate is 2.5% per year on members' savings...in Conventional account.
Still wanna go full fixed deposit better like that since gain and capital is guaranteed, which is like epf. Also fd is pidm till 250k while epf is deposit guaranteed by govt
Anyhow is your money you decide what to do with them. You choose your path I choose mine.

Continue to enjoy your EPF and FD returns.

Don’t wanna flood this thread further.
teslaman
post May 17 2022, 07:23 PM

Regular
1,111 posts

QUOTE(CoolStoryWriter @ May 12 2022, 11:11 PM)
I put 90% of my money in growth portfolio, focuses on crypto, US stocks, ETFs. I thought it is diversified enough

Just now opened my portfolio and went down by a lot. Idk how to live anymore. My 5  to 10 year plan ruined. I dont know when will recover...

Im so sad...feel like ending my life. I work so hard in the end doesnt even matter..
how much u lost ?
Davidtcf
post May 20 2022, 11:54 AM

To the moon!!
3,440 posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/StockMarket/commen...utm_name=iossmf
sben525
post May 20 2022, 04:18 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

think positive bro
Lon3Rang3r00
post May 20 2022, 05:07 PM

Enthusiast
900 posts

I put 90% of my money in growth portfolio, focuses on crypto, US stocks, ETFs. I thought it is diversified enough

Just now opened my portfolio and went down by a lot. Idk how to live anymore. My 5  to 10 year plan ruined. I dont know when will recover...

Im so sad...feel like ending my life. I work so hard in the end doesnt even matter..
"Unrealized Loss" = unrealized, as long as you're not on leverage nor you took a loan to invest then it should be ok. If you really took a loan for investing then the next thing you need to do is to find way to service the loan, try seek help from your parent and family members and try work it out. For your investment, as long the Company, Crypto, Stocks that you've invested did not collapse, you'll eventually break even and possible make a profit from it but this only time will tell as we unsure how long this downtrend will goes (If you're into Luna/UST then i'll give you a hug, just let you know that you're not alone for the Terra Collapse). If you mentally can't take it, try find somebody to talk to, there are national hotline for you to call to if you need someone to talk with. It's never too late!

hmm.gif I used to stick my nose on the screen to see market movement every night but right now every day is up a bit then continue down by few %. So what i do is to wait for next payday so i can continue DCA to buy TSLA, maybe some AAPL & MSFT. So many good stocks on sales now, doh.gif i also wanna waiting for my chance to be one of the three millionaire that announce weekly,

dwRK
post May 20 2022, 06:08 PM

the consummate chartist
5,118 posts

ts is most probably trolling... wink.gif

Ivan113
post May 21 2022, 12:05 AM

Enthusiast
925 posts

QUOTE(Davidtcf @ May 20 2022, 11:54 AM)
good read, thanks for sharing
EX Unseen Forces
post May 23 2022, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Just trust US stock markets and bonds like Warren Buffett did.
SUSshamino_00
post May 23 2022, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

Too bad you didn't hedge and inexperienced in investing.

Growth?? - What is growth, there's is no such thing as a "Growth" portfolios, just word play of stocks. Buying stock is like buying a piece of biznes. Your evaluation is whether this biznes will grow or worst will bankrupt. Look for Cash rich, good flow income and little common sense will protect your downside. It's basically up to you.

Crypto - Charlie Munger says it's rubbish. You can play, but should be 5% of your porfolio, have a little fun gambling. Be the smart guy know when to get in and out and let others holding the bag.

ETFs - Will go up and down. On the long run it will go up. You bought at the peak, therefore it will go down in recession now (maybe 2 years? 5 years? or 10 years?) who knows, keep reading the news and what the feds and other central bank do. It will eventually goes up, maybe in 5, 10, 15 or 20 years if you patience enough. Warren only filthy rich when he is in his 50s. He goes thru 2 or 3 crash in his lifetime and make full use of it.

From what you write, looks you have not diversified enough. You should bought some commodities stocks, it's supercycle up now, big bountiful return from increase prices, palm oil, cooking oil, gas. If you buy some of those company stocks, it buffer your loss a bit. But looks like you didn't do it.

Reit. Property very stable now and little downside. In fact, some Reit grows a bit or maintain it's pricing.

You "thought"....obviously you thought wrong and not widely read in investment. Don't worry, still long way to go. Work hard, invest consistently and be really diversified. Life lesson in investment.

So each time you invest. Always think of the worst possible thing can happen to your investment like total loss....before you caught in all the hype surrounding and gamble away your fortune. Bring you a emotional balance mindset.

Win Win Inspiration
post May 24 2022, 01:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,708 posts

Friend, don't be, don't let this make you down. Stay strong and stay hopeful.
MrBaba
post May 24 2022, 01:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,123 posts

QUOTE(Win Win Inspiration @ May 24 2022, 01:57 PM)
Friend, don't be, don't let this make you down. Stay strong and stay hopeful.
TS is a troll la , should go die
icemanfx
post May 25 2022, 03:57 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,796 posts

QUOTE(yklooi @ May 17 2022, 06:45 PM)
Found quite a few retailers followed this quote when the professional was fearful.
Paradigmata
post May 25 2022, 07:13 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ May 25 2022, 03:57 PM)
Found quite a few retailers followed this quote when the professional was fearful.
How can professional be fearful in the 1st place?

Professionals would have greater skill in anticipation of down and up.
Also they have bigger fund and able to absorb tons of losses from previous gains

9 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0262sec    0.70    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:44 PM