Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for opinions on a relationship scenario, Happened to me

views

TSlkhnha2021
post May 10 2022, 03:13 AM, updated 2y ago

15 posts

Dear all,

Looking to get opinions about this relationship scenario that happened recently.

Looking forward to your opinions

As I don't want to pin point to any specific gender, I will refer the individuals as "Person" as there's only 2 person

Scenario as follows : -

Driving back home from a short stop to the beach, passed by a number of restaurants. Both started a topic about nice restaurants to eat.

Person 1 mentioned that both of them tried a few places & found a couple to be a good place to eat but need to find out about other restaurants as well to know if it's good as there's many.

Person 2 mentioned that when selecting a particular dish, it is recommended to find a restaurant that have cooks that comes from a certain race & background (eg: Nasi Lemak - Malaysia, Pasta - Italy, Tom Yum - Thailand & etc)

as normally the taste is more authentic.

Person 1 mentioned that regardless of race or background, as long as the restaurants served dishes that taste authentic to the taste buds then it's good to go

After Person 1 said this, Person 2 kept silent throughout the journey back home.

Before reaching home, Person 2 pop a question that goes "Basically you don't mind whoever a person is as long the person are able to cook nice foods for you then you're able to have a romantic relationship with that person?"

From the above scenario, I would like to hear opinions if you're in Person 1's shoes & what would be your follow up question to Person 2

Much appreciation to opinions to come if any

Thank you thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Takudan
post May 10 2022, 03:39 AM

Enthusiast
834 posts

I'm gonna be the party popper and say 2 is the female in this scenario laugh.gif

Stereotyping aside... It's not fair for #2 to extrapolate such an irrelevant question about food, to make it about romantic relationships. Sounds like #2 is picking a fight with #1... Maybe competing for his/her attention?
g5sim
post May 10 2022, 05:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,472 posts

QUOTE(lkhnha2021 @ May 10 2022, 03:13 AM)
Dear all,

Looking to get opinions about this relationship scenario that happened recently.

As I don't want to pin point to any specific gender, I will refer the individuals as "Person" as there's only 2 person

Driving back home from a short stop to the beach, passed by a number of restaurants. Both started a topic about nice restaurants to eat.

Person 1 mentioned that both of them tried a few places & found a couple to be a good place to eat but need to find out about other restaurants as well to know if it's good as there's many.

Person 2 mentioned that when selecting a particular dish, it is recommended to find a restaurant that have cooks that comes from a certain race & background (eg: Nasi Lemak - Malaysia, Pasta - Italy, Tom Yum - Thailand & etc)

Person 1 mentioned that regardless of race or background, as long as the restaurants served dishes that taste authentic to the taste buds then it's good to go

After Person 1 said this, Person 2 kept silent throughout the journey back home.

Before reaching home, Person 2 pop a question that goes "Basically you don't mind whoever a person is as long the person are able to cook nice foods for you then you're able to have a romantic relationship with that person?"
From the above scenario, I would like to hear opinions if you're in Person 1's shoes & what would be your follow up question to Person 2

Thank you  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
The reason I suggested to limit two star accounts to open new threads. I starting to thin these one star accounts opening racing threads are from India.
TSlkhnha2021
post May 10 2022, 10:12 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ May 10 2022, 03:39 AM)
I'm gonna be the party popper and say 2 is the female in this scenario laugh.gif

Stereotyping aside... It's not fair for #2 to extrapolate such an irrelevant question about food, to make it about romantic relationships. Sounds like #2 is picking a fight with #1... Maybe competing for his/her attention?
Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(g5sim @ May 10 2022, 05:38 AM)
The reason I suggested to limit two star accounts to open new threads. I starting to thin these one star accounts opening racing threads are from India.
Don't really understand what you mean as I'm local people

Thank you anyway
mezanny
post May 10 2022, 11:17 AM

Enthusiast
709 posts

Answer trick questions is part and parcel of dating.

Just be urself n answer.

then see what happens.

if it happens it happens, if nothing happens out of it, then leave it be.

relationship won't ask this kind of question, this usually pops up in a dating situation
D10yrspain
post May 10 2022, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
279 posts

After the last question by person2 no need answer already.
It doesn't matter.
It doesn't matter for both sexes also because topic shifted to siapa masak.
When u want to EAT, YOU JUST EAT!!!!

Belum kahwin ni pun nak bising, lepas kahwin dapur buat display je.
nihility
post May 10 2022, 12:08 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

TS, when you see ghost speak ghost language, see human speak human language. Speak what person2 want to listen, don't reply something the person2 don't want to listen. What the person2 want to listen, you should not better than anyone of us.
Pakatan SinMa Plus
post May 10 2022, 04:38 PM

Regular
1,123 posts

Dear all,

Thank you  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
"No, if that is the case, i would not have chosen you. "
McMatt
post May 10 2022, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

So, if an Indian cooks Bak Kut Teh, it might not taste the same? If a chinese cooks Nasi Lemak, it won't feel authentic? When you are at Japanese restaurants, are the cooks ALWAYS Japanese? I have had some nice roti canai made by Malays.

Why would there be a follow up question to Person 2? She asked a question, and all you need to do is answer what you feel to be right. In my case, I'll answer, "I wouldn't mind as long as the food taste good". If you ask further questions, it will just end up as a debate.
TSlkhnha2021
post May 12 2022, 12:53 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(McMatt @ May 10 2022, 04:53 PM)
So, if an Indian cooks Bak Kut Teh, it might not taste the same? If a chinese cooks Nasi Lemak, it won't feel authentic? When you are at Japanese restaurants, are the cooks ALWAYS Japanese? I have had some nice roti canai made by Malays.

Why would there be a follow up question to Person 2? She asked a question, and all you need to do is answer what you feel to be right. In my case, I'll answer, "I wouldn't mind as long as the food taste good". If you ask further questions, it will just end up as a debate.
Thank you for your feedback thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(Pakatan SinMa Plus @ May 10 2022, 04:38 PM)
Nice feedback, good point for reference. Thank you thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(mezanny @ May 10 2022, 11:17 AM)
Answer trick questions is part and parcel of dating.

Just be urself n answer.

then see what happens.

if it happens it happens, if nothing happens out of it, then leave it be.

relationship won't ask this kind of question, this usually pops up in a dating situation
Thank you for feedback

Unfortunately, things happened.
Takudan
post May 13 2022, 08:32 AM

Enthusiast
834 posts

QUOTE(Pakatan SinMa Plus @ May 10 2022, 04:38 PM)
OOOOOF that's a blow to #2 that s/he can't cook lmao. I like the cheekiness doe
Leto
post May 13 2022, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

if you're looking for a long term thing, gtfo as she's wack af
if you just wanna bed her, agree with everything until she syok syok then easy

Ralna
post May 14 2022, 01:00 AM

Casual
388 posts

What a trick question! wink.gif

My reply to that is, "Nah, being able to cook nice food is a plus, but it's not the top in my list of criteria when I look for a romantic relationship. The person I like is ___, ____, ___ (all the criteria that person 2 has), and the person is you. brows.gif "

Person 2: wub.gif

Ok problem solved. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Ralna: May 14 2022, 01:01 AM
Masafum1
post May 29 2022, 07:49 AM

Getting Started
208 posts

If its me, my answer will be, my love does nkt know races.

My sarcastic answer would be, im not racist

However i eas like, how the heck the concersation u-turn there from picking restaurant

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:32 PM