Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Attend different Uni after foundation? (MMU)

views

TSbreakormake P
post May 9 2022, 04:46 PM, updated 2y ago

Probation
23 posts

MMU degree is RM 60k, that could be too expensive for me, but the foundation was in total around RM 9k spent. After i finish foundation, can i attend other unis for financial reasons?
Human Nature
post May 9 2022, 05:47 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,131 posts

QUOTE(breakormake @ May 9 2022, 04:46 PM)
MMU degree is RM 60k, that could be too expensive for me, but the foundation was in total around RM 9k spent. After i finish foundation, can i attend other unis for financial reasons?
Yes, as long as the other unis recognize your foundation cert.

Have you checked the various financial aids to see if you are eligible?
https://www.mmu.edu.my/financial-assistance/
iSean
post May 9 2022, 05:47 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

yes. you can transfer after foundation.
But depend which Uni they accept.
Just Visiting By
post May 9 2022, 11:40 PM

Regular
1,828 posts

Usually, yes.

But it's on the individual university's discretion. They'll likely request for the course information and review the units you've taken, and decide whether you could be considered that you have completed a Foundation programme deemed equivalent to their own (full exemption); else, they may request that you take one or two more units to meet their own university's standard (partial exemption). The university is also free to not recognise it and request you to take their full Foundation course, but this is not often the case, though you should be aware it is a possibility, however unlikely it would be.
ike.tan
post May 10 2022, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

Actually nowadays - with the exception of the Foreign Branch Campuses - all private universities will accept your foundation provided you meet the entry requirements. Some degree requires certain modules, subjects or even higher CGPA from an external foundation.

Which comes to my next question - What foundation did you do and what degree are you hoping to continue in?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:39 AM