Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need advise on PS4 with USB storage, PS4 Freeze on command

views

TSsuns8630
post Apr 18 2022, 12:44 PM, updated 2y ago

Regular
1,104 posts

Hello ,,,

Please advise me what could be the problem..

my PS 4 is connected with WD my passport's external storage 1TB ...

lately .. the last 2 weeks, my PS4 is acting strange with the connected external WD passport...

I use this external storage to store games with PS plus every month ...

Now .. with my WD connected .. my ps4 Freeze ..when moving the LR button on the menu page ..

.. system shows that i need to update the system software which i did .. but PS4 still freezes..

so I reformat my WD passport ... the situation is also the same after 2 attempts to format ...

Finally I safely disconnect my WD passport ..then my PS4 acted normally ... no more freeze ..

question :

1) How to tell my WD passport is gone ..

2) When i format this wd passport with my PC ... its seems no problem .. working well ...I had tried putting about 20G of video file to this WD apssport

3) anyone one of you having this similar problem ...

4)if i go out to buy another external HDD for my PS4 .. with budget 300 Ringgit ... what is your advise brand ... ( dare not to buy WD passport , my bad expriences )

thank you ... cheers

nate_nightroad
post Apr 18 2022, 12:50 PM

Endless numbered days...
3,537 posts

have u tried a different usb port on the ps4?
TSsuns8630
post Apr 18 2022, 01:05 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(nate_nightroad @ Apr 18 2022, 12:50 PM)
have u tried a different usb port on the ps4?
Yaaah Tried ... both the usb ports on my Ps 4 usb ..same same ... situation ..Freeze on command

This post has been edited by suns8630: Apr 18 2022, 01:06 PM
evilhomura89
post Apr 18 2022, 03:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

High chances your external HDD is having some sort of problems and it is going to fail soon

To see if your external HDD is still in good condition, you can use CrystalDiskInfo to check for HDD health / SMART status - https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

TSsuns8630
post Apr 18 2022, 11:21 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Apr 18 2022, 03:03 PM)
High chances your external HDD is having some sort of problems and it is going to fail soon

To see if your external HDD is still in good condition, you can use CrystalDiskInfo to check for HDD health / SMART status - https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/
Hello ..

Thank you for the advise ..will do that

cheers

shinchan^^
post Apr 22 2022, 10:49 AM

K66
All Stars
21,256 posts

QUOTE(suns8630 @ Apr 18 2022, 12:44 PM)
Hello ,,,
Please advise  me what could be the problem..

my PS 4 is connected with WD my passport's external storage 1TB ...

lately .. the last 2 weeks, my PS4 is acting strange with the connected external WD passport...

I use this external storage to store games with PS plus every month ...

Now .. with my WD connected .. my ps4 Freeze ..when moving the LR button on the menu page ..

.. system shows that i need to update the system software which i did .. but PS4 still freezes..

so I reformat my WD passport ... the situation is also the same after 2 attempts to format ...

Finally I safely disconnect my WD passport ..then my PS4 acted normally ... no more freeze ..
question :

1) How to tell my WD passport is gone ..

2) When i format this wd passport with my PC ... its seems no problem .. working well ...I had tried putting about 20G of video file to this WD apssport

3) anyone one of you having this similar problem ...

4)if i go out to buy another external HDD for my PS4 .. with budget 300 Ringgit ... what is your advise brand ... ( dare not to buy WD passport , my bad expriences )

thank you ... cheers
its a sign of failure
considering buy a new ext HDD to replace this and this one you can format for ps usage

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:49 AM