Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Subsale unit with extension, without approval for reno

views

TSkingdomdemon
post Apr 13 2022, 11:52 AM, updated 2y ago

Enthusiast
897 posts

Dear sifus,

I am going to purchase a subsale unit without approval for extension. The owner does not want to go through the process because he is selling it already. For me as a buyer, is this common?

The lawyer comment the below,
1. Cancel the deal
2. Take the deal and bare the risk.

Remark : The previous valuation report included the extension part. Does this means it is original design from developer?
metalfire
post Apr 13 2022, 12:40 PM

Regular
1,191 posts

QUOTE(kingdomdemon @ Apr 13 2022, 11:52 AM)
1. Cancel the deal

Lawyer already gave constructive comment as in 1. If you still want the house then you would need to bare the risk when municiple comes knocking and issue fines plus ask to tear down illegal extensions with deadline.

Get a different unit instead.

This post has been edited by metalfire: Apr 13 2022, 12:40 PM
TSkingdomdemon
post Apr 13 2022, 12:57 PM

Enthusiast
897 posts

QUOTE(metalfire @ Apr 13 2022, 12:40 PM)
Lawyer already gave constructive comment as in 1. If you still want the house then you would need to bare the risk when municiple comes knocking and issue fines plus ask to tear down illegal extensions with deadline.

Get a different unit instead.
I understand the risk but there are no other units available at that area. Is it a normal practise for extension to get approval? As for me , even the house I am currently staying does not have approval from. Authorities
csting87
post Apr 13 2022, 01:00 PM

On my way
501 posts

cancel the deal and report unapproval for extension.
metalfire
post Apr 13 2022, 01:07 PM

Regular
1,191 posts

QUOTE(kingdomdemon @ Apr 13 2022, 12:57 PM)
I understand the risk but there are no other units available at that area. Is it a normal practise for extension to get approval? As for me , even the house I am currently staying does not have approval from. Authorities
it is not normal and it is illegal.

good luck. smile.gif
TSkingdomdemon
post Apr 13 2022, 01:14 PM

Enthusiast
897 posts

QUOTE(metalfire @ Apr 13 2022, 01:07 PM)
it is not normal and it is illegal.

good luck. smile.gif
Thanks mate
mini orchard
post Apr 13 2022, 01:15 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Dear sifus,

I am going to purchase a subsale unit without approval for extension. The owner does not want to go through the process because he is selling it already. For me as a buyer, is this common?

1. Cancel the deal

Remark : The previous valuation report included the extension part. Does this means it is original design from developer?
If is intermediate terrace, it can be legalised as extension are standard.

If you want the house, offer a price that include the cost to legalised the extension.
gobiomani
post Apr 15 2022, 11:04 AM

Casual
466 posts

If you really want the unit, then reduce your offer price to exclude the value of the extension or at least at a substantial discount.

If local counsel come over, they have right to demolish the extension and leave you cleaning up the rubble. So effectively you are paying more for an illegal structure that can be demolished anytime unless you pay even more money.
hanhanhan
post May 9 2022, 11:35 AM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

Dear sifus,

1. Cancel the deal

its illegal but normal. 99% of extended houses don't have proper CF for extension.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:07 PM