Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Putting Biological Father Name in Birth Cert

views

TSbabykon101
post Apr 12 2022, 05:21 PM, updated 2y ago

Bodyslammin' Sailormoon
584 posts

Okay, baby born 19th November 2021 but legally married 5th Jan 2022. Me and wife went to High Commision here in Australia to register baby birth cert but turns out can't put my name in there due to baby born before married.

Have contacted a lawyer in Malaysia which says in order to put my name in there, have to legally adopt the child. Is there an easier way to go about this?

Thanks!
matrix88
post Apr 12 2022, 05:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,099 posts

why only register marriage after delivery of baby?
TSbabykon101
post Apr 12 2022, 05:27 PM

Bodyslammin' Sailormoon
584 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Apr 12 2022, 05:25 PM)
why only register marriage after delivery of baby?
Lockdown from June-Dec 2021
YoungMan
post Apr 12 2022, 07:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(babykon101 @ Apr 12 2022, 06:21 PM)
Okay, baby born 19th November 2021 but legally married 5th Jan 2022. Me and wife went to High Commision here in Australia to register baby birth cert but turns out can't put my name in there due to baby born before married.

Have contacted a lawyer in Malaysia which says in order to put my name in there, have to legally adopt the child. Is there an easier way to go about this?

Thanks!
The procedure differ between Muslim and non Muslim. If not mistaken for non Muslim both the mother and the father of the child can apply to have the father's name included in the birth cert by going through short interview and signing some documents in JPN office. I do not know if the High Commission in Australia are able to do that.

This post has been edited by YoungMan: Apr 12 2022, 07:51 PM
Jedi3815
post Aug 18 2022, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(babykon101 @ Apr 12 2022, 05:21 PM)

Thanks!
Wow, didnt know that THAT is a problem. Why la so weird like that. I thought country like Australia dont care bout that. why? "married" is important to prove that the kid is his baby is it? so if not married meaning the kid is not HIS baby? Sigh.

by that logic, would "legally adopt" allow you to put YOUR name on the cert? So say (SUPER-hypothetical), your wife decide to ask someone else to seek adoption and courts give permission, does that mean HE can put HIS name on the cert? what kind of system is this. OOORR another SUPER-hypothetical scenarios. Say YOU and your wife married before the kids' birth, and your wife actually had "it" with someone else (not you) 9 months ago, and YOU put YOUR name on the cert, can? Sigh.

Sorry TS i dont actually have an answer for you. Im just shocked that this is an issue. Do you need to take a blood test or something? maybe can legally prove the baby is yours........

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.11    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:47 PM