Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone entered Malaysia from outside, Yesterday or today

views

michaelchang
post Apr 7 2022, 10:10 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

I just got back from Vietnam yesterday:

1) do a RT-PCR test within 48 hours from departure (Vietnam cost RM$100 and I got my result within 6 hours via sms, next day I went to collect hard copy at clinic)

2) on mysejahtera app click on traveler , travel for (your name) and fill up everything required and submit. close the app and open again to see travel card on profile page

3) after receiving the result of PCR, go to mysejahtera profile page and scroll down to travel card and submit PCR result

4) at Vietnam airport, the check in staff wanted to see my completed mysejahtera travel card + covid vaccination certificate (may differ in other country)

5) upon arrival, there are staff stationed at aerobridge that wanted to see mysejahtera travel card

6) u need to take RTK within 24 hours of landing. can do at airport RM$100 or clinic outside RM$60 (hearsay.. I don't know where)
ericthai
post Apr 8 2022, 09:54 AM

Casual
427 posts

QUOTE(michaelchang @ Apr 7 2022, 10:10 PM)
I just got back from Vietnam yesterday:
1) do a RT-PCR test within 48 hours from departure (Vietnam cost RM$100 and I got my result within 6 hours via sms, next day I went to collect hard copy at clinic)

2) on mysejahtera app click on traveler , travel for (your name) and fill up everything required and submit. close the app and open again to see travel card on profile page

3) after receiving the result of PCR, go to mysejahtera profile page and scroll down to travel card and submit PCR result

4) at Vietnam airport, the check in staff wanted to see my completed mysejahtera travel card + covid vaccination certificate (may differ in other country)

5) upon arrival, there are staff stationed at aerobridge that wanted to see mysejahtera travel card

6) u need to take RTK within 24 hours of landing. can do at airport RM$100 or clinic outside RM$60 (hearsay.. I don't know where)
What if there is a connecting flight on different airlines? Eg. Vietnam to Singapore, Singapore to KL.

Will the PCR test be counted 48 hours before second flight or first flight?

Some cities don't have direct flight to KL.

Did you get your vaccination in Vietnam? Did they accept digital or paper vaccination?

This post has been edited by ericthai: Apr 8 2022, 09:55 AM
ticke
post Apr 8 2022, 11:02 AM

****E***y*u***i***@**
1,637 posts

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/da..._april_2022.pdf
michaelchang
post Apr 8 2022, 03:50 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(ericthai @ Apr 8 2022, 09:54 AM)
What if there is a connecting flight on different airlines? Eg. Vietnam to Singapore, Singapore to KL.

Will the PCR test be counted 48 hours before second flight or first flight?

Some cities don't have direct flight to KL.

Did you get your vaccination in Vietnam? Did they accept digital or paper vaccination?
my vaccination from Malaysia, I go Vietnam for holiday. 48 hours according to the check-in agent is for departure (1st flight out) because u need to do rapid antigen upon arrival. I submitted my vaccination digitally via health declaration and PC-Covid app. Vietnam did not ask to see physical copy (arrival) but upon flying back to KL, the check-in agent did ask to see physical vaccination cert.

This post has been edited by michaelchang: Apr 8 2022, 03:53 PM
hiiragizawa
post Apr 9 2022, 06:11 AM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(hiiragizawa @ Apr 3 2022, 06:06 AM)
With regards to pre departure testing, I've called mysafetravel to ask if I can use express RT-PCR which gives results in 90 minutes after test.

The rep mentioned that as long as the test is not more than 2 days old, it should be fine.

I've emailed mysafetravel too in order to get this in writing.

Just wondering if anyone here have used express RT-PCR as part of pre departure?
Just an update - I get an email saying that Express RT- PCR is OK

user posted image
Foxngn
post Apr 12 2022, 05:39 PM

sup,nikka
1,111 posts

Would like to know for those particially vaccinated one, on the Day-5 of quarantine itself, it ask to do a rtk test, this can be done via self test or it must be done via clinic?
cuddlybubblyteddy
post Apr 12 2022, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

What is fully vaccinated means ?

I only have 2 shot of astra oversea
ScooterBoi
post Apr 12 2022, 06:38 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(Foxngn @ Apr 12 2022, 05:39 PM)
Would like to know for those particially vaccinated one, on the Day-5 of quarantine itself, it ask to do a rtk test, this can be done via self test or it must be done via clinic?
A professional RTK-antigen test means done in a clinic, and its result reported to MOH by them.

Have seen a big poster at a clinic in my area... rt-pcr test about rm120 (forgot the actual cost) and rtk-antigen about rm40.

---+---+---

https://faq.mysafetravel.gov.my/

Are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers allowed to enter Malaysia?

Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated travellers are allowed enter Malaysia. However, they will be subjected to quarantine upon arrival. As of 1st April 2022, the number of quarantine days is 5 days. They are required to a professionally administered COVID-19 antigen rapid test within 24 hours of arrival AND an RT-PCR test on Day 4 or a professional RTK-Antigen test on Day 5 of quarantine.

ScooterBoi
post Apr 12 2022, 06:55 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(cuddlybubblyteddy @ Apr 12 2022, 05:45 PM)
What is fully vaccinated means ?

I only have 2 shot of astra oversea
If 60 years old and above, 2 shots of astra is partially vaccinated.

If 18 to 59 years old, 2 shots of astra is fully vaccinated.

https://mysafetravel.gov.my/vaccine/status

Btw this is MOH's definition and it is reflected in the risk status whether the traveller need home quarantine or not. I think it will show when you update the inoculations into the MySj app.

Foxngn
post Apr 13 2022, 08:02 AM

sup,nikka
1,111 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Apr 12 2022, 06:38 PM)
A professional RTK-antigen test means done in a clinic, and its result reported to MOH by them.

Have seen a big poster at a clinic in my area... rt-pcr test about rm120 (forgot the actual cost) and rtk-antigen about rm40.

---+---+---

https://faq.mysafetravel.gov.my/

Are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers allowed to enter Malaysia?

Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated travellers are allowed enter Malaysia. However, they will be subjected to quarantine upon arrival. As of 1st April 2022, the number of quarantine days is 5 days. They are required to a professionally administered COVID-19 antigen rapid test within 24 hours of arrival AND an RT-PCR test on Day 4 or a professional RTK-Antigen test on Day 5 of quarantine.
Noted with thanks.
Cause previously saw some of the SOP didn't mentioned about the professional RTK test, it just wrote do an rtk test.
labtec
post Apr 17 2022, 05:07 PM

Regular
1,541 posts

QUOTE(GymBoi @ Apr 2 2022, 04:18 PM)
Hi all, just wondering if anyone entered Malaysia from overseas yesterday or today? I just checked MySJ the questionnaire still got "Have you been overseas for past 14 days". Last time if click yes then will straight kena PUS for 14 days. Wonder how is it now? They can't put us in PUS if no more quarantine. It will be very inconvenient.

I'm overseas for work and will be reaching home tmr night. Since gomen say no quarantine then I need work on Monday already. Can't move around if still got PUS. Anyone got experience?

Thanks

Edit: So I reached home. I'll explain my experience step by step

Once touch down, before you could even get ouf of the 1st gate (before going into the hall way)
- There will be few staff blocking you to check your MySJ
- U need open app, main page click Traveler then fill in all your travel details. No one knows this and everyone just jammed there
- After fill in you will get a "travelers card" under your profile. Status remains low risk. In fact my status never changed to PUS or anything until now

At the center area before taking sky train
- There is 24/7 BP lab there for you to do RTK or PCR. All travelers must do a test within 24h of reaching, if not apparently you will get some other status.
- You can choose to do outside or here. I took is here because I want fast and can claim company. RTK for Malaysians is rm100. Foreigners and PCR cost more i don't know how much. Outside is obviously cheaper.
- I waited 15 minutes to get the result (no need to wait if you rushing). You will get result in whatsapp and email. My MYSJ updated in 12 hours

After this is just straight take sky train, take baggage and leave. No restrictions anymore. Can take grab, taxi whatever you want. I asked a few people of the main question I have in this topic which is "What do I fill in when I update my status everyday for the question "Have you traveled abroad within the last 14 days" and no one in the airport could answer me.
QUOTE(GymBoi @ Apr 2 2022, 04:50 PM)
For me yes, that is airline requirement. I think it has nothing to do with countries.

PCR test before flight is airline requirement
PCR test after arrival is country requirement - which is abolished for europe and malaysia now
QUOTE(Mackiddo @ Apr 2 2022, 05:05 PM)
pre departure test and arrival test is always country requirements. Airline Co have no requirements.
so departure no need PCR test if the destination country has no such requirement right? Abit confused with Airline requirement mentioned here...

michaelchang
post Apr 17 2022, 05:31 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(labtec @ Apr 17 2022, 05:07 PM)
so departure no need PCR test if the destination country has no such requirement right? Abit confused with Airline requirement mentioned here...
Pre-departure PCR are set by the country u are entering. Nothing to do with airlines.

example: Thailand and Vietnam do not require pre-departure PCR to enter their country, thus u do not need to take any PCR test to fly there.

Malaysia requires PCR test and all that fly into Malaysia need to take PCR before departure.

labtec
post Apr 17 2022, 09:00 PM

Regular
1,541 posts

QUOTE(michaelchang @ Apr 17 2022, 05:31 PM)
Pre-departure PCR are set by the country u are entering. Nothing to do with airlines.

example: Thailand and Vietnam do not require pre-departure PCR to enter their country, thus u do not need to take any PCR test to fly there.

Malaysia requires PCR test and all that fly into Malaysia need to take PCR before departure.
Thanks smile.gif

so if I'm going london then no need PCR test for the departure.

but when come back, have to find clinic to do pcr test in london
michaelchang
post Apr 17 2022, 10:09 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(labtec @ Apr 17 2022, 09:00 PM)
Thanks  smile.gif

so if I'm going london then no need PCR test for the departure.

but when come back, have to find clinic to do pcr test in london
yes, correct. Anyway u can get express RT-PCR at airport which are accepted
labtec
post Apr 18 2022, 08:54 AM

Regular
1,541 posts

QUOTE(michaelchang @ Apr 17 2022, 10:09 PM)
yes, correct. Anyway u can get express RT-PCR at airport which are accepted
thanks, just book the flight... express RT-PCR too expansive, maybe will take next day RT-PCR costing GBP 59 sweat.gif

just need to take within 48 hours before the departure time right?
michaelchang
post Apr 18 2022, 09:29 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(labtec @ Apr 18 2022, 08:54 AM)
thanks, just book the flight... express RT-PCR too expansive, maybe will take next day RT-PCR costing GBP 59  sweat.gif

just need to take within 48 hours before the departure time right?
yes, that is correct. Enjoy your holiday.

ericthai
post Apr 22 2022, 03:35 PM

Casual
427 posts

QUOTE(michaelchang @ Apr 17 2022, 05:31 PM)

Malaysia always do the wrong policies devised by incompetent politicians. Our ringgit has plunged to all time low against most currencies these few days (Thai baht, Chinese Yuan , Sing dollar all gone up versus ringgit)

Thailand will also remove on-arrival PCR tests from May 1, read below.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5265151

This post has been edited by ericthai: Apr 22 2022, 03:37 PM
michaelchang
post Apr 22 2022, 11:31 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(ericthai @ Apr 22 2022, 03:35 PM)
Malaysia always do the wrong policies devised by incompetent politicians. Our ringgit has plunged to all time low against most currencies these few days (Thai baht, Chinese Yuan , Sing dollar all gone up versus ringgit)

Thailand will also remove on-arrival PCR tests from May 1, read below.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5265151
Singapore also planning to remove RT-PCR soon. Now left only those backward country still practicing RT-PCR for boarding a plane to their country
c00lbeans P
post Apr 23 2022, 12:32 AM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(michaelchang @ Apr 18 2022, 09:29 AM)
yes, that is correct. Enjoy your holiday.
I'm travelling to Thailand next week and coming back on Thursday...same like most ppl here been utterly confused by so much inconsistent info out there.

I've read that to return back to Malaysia, one needs to take PCR test 2 days before touch down in Malaysia, which in my case I need to do that in Thailand 2 days before my departure there to back here.

Are you saying that in lieu of that PCR, i can just do an RTK test in Thailand OR when i touch down in Malaysia? From those sources, it's still saying take PCR 2 days before, and RTK can be used in lieu only if one's been recently positive/recovered from Covid19*.

*I cant post unverified url here, so check the Mysafetravel website on 'arrival testing'.

michaelchang
post Apr 23 2022, 09:50 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(c00lbeans @ Apr 23 2022, 12:32 AM)
I'm travelling to Thailand next week and coming back on Thursday...same like most ppl here been utterly confused by so much inconsistent info out there.

I've read that to return back to Malaysia, one needs to take PCR test 2 days before touch down in Malaysia, which in my case I need to do that in Thailand 2 days before my departure there to back here.

Are you saying that in lieu of that PCR, i can just do an RTK test in Thailand OR when i touch down in Malaysia? From those sources, it's still saying take PCR 2 days before, and RTK can be used in lieu only if one's been recently positive/recovered from Covid19*.

*I cant post unverified url here, so check the Mysafetravel website on 'arrival testing'.
This is for returning to Malaysia:

1) take RT-PCR in Thailand 2 days (48 hours) before DEPARTURE

2) upon landing in Malaysia must take rapid antigen test (by professional) within 24 hours, can do at KLIA or approved clinics outside

When u fill up travel info on my sejahtera, all the procedure are listed there clearly. Don't listen to those that don't travel but gave wrong info

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:18 PM