Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

G sync, G sync compatible, or G sync ultimate, Difference

views

TSnabsterz P
post Mar 11 2022, 11:12 PM, updated 3y ago

Probation
1 posts

Anyone notice any difference between G sync types?
laksamana
post Mar 11 2022, 11:25 PM

Regular
1,280 posts

G Sync compatible monitors may be detected / can be set up, but may not work properly

I have encountered some minor issues, which made me switch off the setting in Nvidia control panel

To be safe, best to go for full G Sync compatibility, if you are very particular about this

For me, it's not really an issue as my monitor is Freesync certified and runs without any problems with an Nvidia GPU
TSnabsterz P
post Mar 12 2022, 11:00 PM

Probation
1 posts

ooh. What type of minor issues did you encounter?
overfloe
post Mar 13 2022, 01:30 PM

Ain't nothing but a thang..
2,058 posts

GSync Ultimate = tested with HDR support
GSync certified = tested / certified working
Gsync compatible = usually FreeSync but not tested by Nvidia, but compatible with GSync when used with NVidia gpu

My moniter is only gsync compatible but i dont use it.it causes stutter when the framerate goes above the moniter's refresh rate (240Hz).
Lurker
post Mar 13 2022, 09:53 PM

L U R K I N G
Group Icon
Elite
4,286 posts

QUOTE(overfloe @ Mar 13 2022, 01:30 PM)
Gsync compatible = usually FreeSync but not tested by Nvidia, but compatible with GSync when used with NVidia gpu

My moniter is only gsync compatible but i dont use it.it causes stutter when the framerate goes above the moniter's refresh rate (240Hz).
what game u play that push past 240fps?
overfloe
post Mar 14 2022, 08:17 AM

2,058 posts

QUOTE(Lurker @ Mar 13 2022, 10:53 PM)
what game u play that push past 240fps?
Old game (csgo).
ZZR-Pilot
post May 15 2022, 11:08 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

My Acer X38s is G-Sync Ultimate... but with my RX6800, all the Freesync functions light up just fine.
Andrewtst
post May 15 2022, 11:18 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,110 posts

They is very less monitor with G-Sync Ultimate as this required over 300 test which make the monitor costing a lot.

More information here - https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia...ained,6008.html

Now newer monitor with G-Sync Compatible is very great already not like last time.

To be totally free of tearing, look for VRR support as well.

For example my monitor is 240hz and G-Sync Compatible with VRR On, I can totally off the games V-Sync and still run perfectly find without any tearing or flickering.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: May 15 2022, 11:22 PM
Rainings
post May 19 2022, 04:46 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

QUOTE(overfloe @ Mar 13 2022, 01:30 PM)

My moniter is only gsync compatible but i dont use it.it causes stutter when the framerate goes above the monitor's refresh rate (240Hz).
I think there is some mistake in ur list. Nvidia did provide a list of monitors they officially tested, with driver support for all the G-sync monitors.
Only 3 type G-sync monitor.
G-sync-Ultimate = Greatest and the most expensive, it has a G-sync module build in to the monitor and tuned it to the finest with HDR and the lowest latency etc.
G-sync = It has a G-sync module build in to the monitor, usually a lot more expensive than normal G-sync compatible monitor.
G-sync compatible= Cheapest, it is basically Free Sync monitor, but no G-sync module build in, but their driver officially support it and validated it has no artifacts. Usually input lag the highest, compare with the 2 above.

Nvidia is pretty serious about "G-sync compatible" branding, they only takes in monitors into the official G-Sync compatible program that actually perform well.
Best thing to do is to buy a monitor that is listed on their page.

I'm using G-sync compatible monitor few years so far no issue. As long as the monitor is validated and driver supported by Nvidia, usually u won't have any issue.
Every time Nvidia drops a new driver, they will add some new supported monitors to the list.
If u don't want to break ur bank, just get G-sync compatible monitor. Make sure you check the model from Nvidia website to make sure it is officially supported by nvidia driver.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/produc...monitors/specs/
user posted image

This post has been edited by Rainings: May 19 2022, 04:55 PM
overfloe
post May 20 2022, 09:52 AM

2,058 posts

QUOTE(Rainings @ May 19 2022, 05:46 PM)
I think there is some mistake in ur list. Nvidia did provide a list of monitors they officially tested, with driver support for all the G-sync monitors.
Only 3 type G-sync monitor.
G-sync-Ultimate = Greatest and the most expensive, it has a G-sync module build in to the monitor and tuned it to the finest with HDR and the lowest latency etc.
G-sync = It has a G-sync module build in to the monitor, usually a lot more expensive than normal G-sync compatible monitor.
G-sync compatible= Cheapest, it is basically Free Sync monitor, but no G-sync module build in, but their driver officially support it and validated it has no artifacts. Usually input lag the highest, compare with the 2 above.

Nvidia is pretty serious about "G-sync compatible" branding, they only takes in monitors into the official G-Sync compatible program that actually perform well.
Best thing to do is to buy a monitor that is listed on their page.

I'm using G-sync compatible monitor few years so far no issue. As long as the monitor is validated and driver supported by Nvidia, usually u won't have any issue.
Every time Nvidia drops a new driver, they will add some new supported monitors to the list.
If u don't want to break ur bank, just get G-sync compatible monitor. Make sure you check the model from Nvidia website to make sure it is officially supported by nvidia driver.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/produc...monitors/specs/
user posted image
yes g-sync compatible is actually validated but not certified. other than that, the things you mention are pretty much in line with what i wrote LOL.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:59 PM