Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for a platform to store my data, Migrate of physicals data

views

TSlife27
post Mar 11 2022, 12:44 PM, updated 3y ago

Casual
469 posts

Hi Forumers,

I need your Recommendations and Suggestions.

I am looking forward a new system to keep in and store my Ms. Excel (currently more than 100 excel files , my goal is to combine all this excel file into one platform for easy searching information in daily basis instead of searching and finding the files manually .

In short, these are the features I am looking for.

Highly Concerned.
1) migrate some physical document into a proper excel system
2) Mostly are excel files and the system able to read excel file so i can direct import of system .
3) Inventory Management (Able to work on at least 99% without downtime and data are sync to all user no matter what browser user using)
4) Pre-build in with theme ( able to fill up my data Sales (Customer Database, Individual account, Invoice, Quotation, ) in a manner way .
5) FRIENDLY USER

I hope i don't miss out the features I am looking for , if this tool/software/site , come with charge then please provide your quotation together .

Please, share me your reviews for any useful tool/platform/software . I would love to hear your advice and recommendation!

ifourtos
post Mar 11 2022, 12:53 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

Walao...

Never heard of Google Spreatsheet? ( free, easy to use, cloud )

or even the higher end 1, AirTable ( not for average joe )
TSlife27
post Mar 11 2022, 02:20 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Mar 11 2022, 12:53 PM)
Walao...

Never heard of Google Spreatsheet? ( free, easy to use, cloud )

or even the higher end 1, AirTable ( not for average joe )
try to understand my concern first bossku .
ifourtos
post Mar 11 2022, 03:54 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(life27 @ Mar 11 2022, 02:20 PM)
try to understand my concern first bossku .
Google Spreadsheet are so much more than what you concern...

Question IS.
did you know how to use it?

Google Uptime is legendary.
And Spreadsheet is actually API Link with many many services to achieve many automation applications.

u don't just use 1 platform...

C-Fu
post Mar 14 2022, 01:33 AM

Ninja-Fu
1,051 posts

this sounds like an all-in-one system. it's going to cost you. actual requirements should say how much you are interested in paying?

even if you use an opensourced system (which I provide, as a systems integrator for SMEs), there're always the questions of manhours cost, training (no point if your org refuses to follow the system, not the other way around), hardware (including redundancy, backup, etc), software, etc.

just a ballpark figure:

if you require 99% uptime, it'll cost you.
if you require 99.9% uptime, it'll cost you x 3.
if you require 99.99% uptime, it'll cost you x 3 x 3.

also, free advice for you. USER FRIENDLY is very subjective, when it comes to ERP. when we talk about ERP, it's YOU who needs to accommodate the system, not the other way around. because any/all ERP, BY DESIGN, needs you to effectively able to use the system and workflow provided.

if you try to FORCE the system to follow your way, 99% it will fail. you will complain how "unfriendly" is the system, you'll complain how "complicated" the system is, and how you need to relearn, AND implement new methods and workflows which takes a lot of time compared to your current method.

This post has been edited by C-Fu: Mar 14 2022, 01:34 AM
TSlife27
post Mar 14 2022, 02:07 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Mar 11 2022, 03:54 PM)
Google Spreadsheet are so much more than what you concern...
Question IS.
did you know how to use it?
Google Uptime is legendary.
And Spreadsheet is actually API Link with many many services to achieve many automation applications.

u don't just use 1 platform...
Thank for your pointing out your concern too ,

My main problem is , i want to make my spreadsheet easy to search via a platform ,

Main objective is : I want to combine all my spreadsheet document into a single platform for easy retrieve the data/update/amend .

Would u mind to share your knowledge how to make it even better from google spreadsheet ?

ifourtos
post Mar 14 2022, 04:03 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(life27 @ Mar 14 2022, 02:07 PM)
Thank for your pointing out your concern too ,

My main problem is , i want to make my spreadsheet easy to search via a platform ,

Main objective is :  I want to combine all my spreadsheet document into a single platform for easy retrieve the data/update/amend .

Would u mind to share your knowledge how to make it even better from google spreadsheet ?
let me tell u straight

u dont do this AFTER u generated the spreadsheet...

u do this B4

u need to programme how data was entry and store in the beginning

so u can search easily later.

and i m not sure how big the data we talking here.
Capt. Marble
post Mar 16 2022, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

You need to identify all fields and built up a database structure that can store all your items.
Then hire a programmer to actually create the database and built an interface for you to interact with the database.

1) migrate some physical document into a proper excel system
- You going to scan them in? If that's the case, your system needs a feature for you to upload and categorizes all items that has been scanned and uploaded with key words for easy searching in the future. Eg : PO from customers / Medical scans / Architectural drawings
- It basically depends on your physical documents. If it's clean and maintained with proper formatting, you might be able to scan them in with OCR but usually it's a mess and need manual keying in to excel.

2) Mostly are excel files and the system able to read excel file so i can direct import of system .
You need to identify the columns in the excel and need a solid structure for the system to read from. You can't be expecting the system to find the value unless you tell that CustomerCode is all in column A1, InvoiceDate is in A2...
You need to tidy up the files.
I believe this is a one time job? Once it's migrated into the system, you can directly entry into the system and won't need the excel files anymore? Or you are constantly creating excel file with data to be imported into the system?

3) Inventory Management (Able to work on at least 99% without downtime and data are sync to all user no matter what browser user using)
If it's web based, it's 24x7 available and no sync issues cause no client based database, all is at the server.

4) Pre-build in with theme ( able to fill up my data Sales (Customer Database, Individual account, Invoice, Quotation, ) in a manner way .
Yup, this is the interface the programmer gonna have to built for you.

5) FRIENDLY USER
This err... well... just make sure it's both desktop and mobile friendly.

This post has been edited by Capt. Marble: Mar 16 2022, 10:06 AM
unrealweapon
post Mar 29 2022, 02:05 PM

it's painful.
865 posts

I suggest using either google drive or Microsoft one drive.

Just put a few samples files into the drive and perform a keyword search based on file content.

If both return same content, take the one best cost effective

rootbeer
post Apr 17 2022, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

if got the money , ask someone to create a web app,
if dont have money, choose spreadsheet only
JonathanHanYT
post May 11 2022, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

With no budget concern, purchase or hire developer to developer the platform for you.

Else use Microsoft Excel design the spreadsheet you wanted to look like. Then upload it to Google Spreadsheet. It will work perfectly fine. I done design some ticketing system in Excel and upload to Google Spreadsheet, it even give me report, alert and chart monitoring. Basically is how knowledge-full you're with Ms Excel. And you can even retrieve data from different Spreadsheet and display it on your main spreadsheet to make it look like you have a dashboard system. That's why a lot of people replying you and suggest you to use Google Spreadsheet.
xxboxx
post May 13 2022, 08:18 AM

The mind is for having ideas, not holding them
5,093 posts

Sounds like you need CRM system that integrate everything so that all is linked and automated.

Such system will cost money. Search and read or see video about CRM system.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:22 AM